Westmoreland @ Macon

geo1126

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Macon caps off an unbelievable turnaround and ends the season at 5-5 and IN THE CLASS 4A STATE PLAYOFFS

Unbelievable turnaround??? Macon County was 0-10 last year with a bunch of sophomores and juniors. Everyone knew there was going to be considerable improvement this year, especially after watching spring practices. 5-5 (should we win) is a good mark and Pemberton has done a good job (especially with limited time), but I believe the potential was there to be 6-4 or 7-3 had Goolsby hung around. The Tiger nation owes much of this year's success to Goolsby, Watson, and Dyer for getting these guys in the weight room during the off season. As for the game, Macon wins 14-0.

Unbelievable turnaround??? Macon County was 0-10 last year with a bunch of sophomores and juniors. Everyone knew there was going to be considerable improvement this year, especially after watching spring practices. 5-5 (should we win) is a good mark and Pemberton has done a good job (especially with limited time), but I believe the potential was there to be 6-4 or 7-3 had Goolsby hung around. The Tiger nation owes much of this year's success to Goolsby, Watson, and Dyer for getting these guys in the weight room during the off season. As for the game, Macon wins 14-0.

....and had Cook stayed around the previous year they could have gone 0-10 in 2009 as well so credit Cook for getting the most out of the boys from 2005-2009 right??? :lol:

....and had Cook stayed around the previous year they could have gone 0-10 in 2009 as well so credit Cook for getting the most out of the boys from 2005-2009 right??? :lol:

Yes they probably would have went 0-10 again. The problem was in the weight room. We played with boys, while our opponents played with men. I am not going to point blame on anyone for that problem, but you can look at this team to year's past and see how much harder they have worked in the weight room. Without the training these boys went through over the past year and a half, Pemberton would be no better than 2-8.

Yes they probably would have went 0-10 again. The problem was in the weight room. We played with boys, while our opponents played with men. I am not going to point blame on anyone for that problem, but you can look at this team to year's past and see how much harder they have worked in the weight room. Without the training these boys went through over the past year and a half, Pemberton would be no better than 2-8.

Certainly this coaching staff can thank the past MC staff's for their efforts to get the team stronger and faster for this season, no doubt. However, Mark Pemberton is the coach now, a proven winner with a state championship coming out of a region I believe to be one of, if not the toughest in the state. Let's get behind him and move this program forward. I can tell a diffence in this team on the field also, and it's not all just muscles, it's also mentality.