District 6A

mjca00

Yes, it was a close game, but my point was that Watertown is rebuilding. They are a middle of the pack team over here in our district and not one of the favorites to advance from our region (that would be jackson, fcs, rbs, and clay). After watching the game I'm just hoping there is another strong team to complement CSAS from your region. If your boys at Signal are coming together as you say and are a contender I can't imagine Van Buren putting up much resistance. Who else might contend besides Signal and CSAS over there? Grace? Anyone else - or is it just a 3 team race?

Okay Watertown is rebuilding but it doesn't appear that FCS is to much stronger, they only beat Watertown the first time by 9 at home then last week they only beat them by 3. Then there is RBS and they only beat Watertown by 6 at home, might be a different game at Watertown. Neither of these teams appear to be much stronger than Watertown from the scores.

I them looked at Clay Counties schedule and imagine my surprise to see that Van Buren has already beat them twice this year once by 10 and then by 8. And Clay beat FCS but lost to RBS. WOW!!!!

Lastly I looked at Jacksons schedule and they haven't played FCS, RBS or Clay yet so the jury is out. But I will say it looks like they might be the strongest of all the teams you have mentioned.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it is a three team race, unless you are talking about who finishes behind CSAS. There might be 4 or 5 teams that make it to the region finals opposite CSAS. Who do you think is the best from your region? How would you rank the 4 teams you mentioned. Is that how you think it will end up? Are RBS and Clay still playing this Friday?

Yes, I was more referring to who will play opposite CSAS in the region final as they are the prohibitive favorite, but I would caution counting your chickens before they hatch! Crazy things happen in tournament play. As for this side my prediction would be: jackson, rbs, clay, fcs. And I do not know who is playing and not playing right now this week. The weather is crazy!

Okay Watertown is rebuilding but it doesn't appear that FCS is to much stronger, they only beat Watertown the first time by 9 at home then last week they only beat them by 3. Then there is RBS and they only beat Watertown by 6 at home, might be a different game at Watertown. Neither of these teams appear to be much stronger than Watertown from the scores.

I them looked at Clay Counties schedule and imagine my surprise to see that Van Buren has already beat them twice this year once by 10 and then by 8. And Clay beat FCS but lost to RBS. WOW!!!!

Lastly I looked at Jacksons schedule and they haven't played FCS, RBS or Clay yet so the jury is out. But I will say it looks like they might be the strongest of all the teams you have mentioned.

Watertown has definitely played some teams tough and there is definitely some big games still yet to be played. Plus there are some other things involved like FCS has had some injuries, Clay has had players in and out, and watertown has FCS's coach from last year so that game is like a rivalry thing right now. I'm just going off who most in this area expect to be the strongest come tournament play. I would assume your side does the same assuming that say Valley will still be stronger come tourney play than teams they've lost to like South Pittsburg and Van Buren. As for Clay and Van Buren, you must have glanced quickly or there must have been a typo because the scores you just quoted are backward. Clay swept Van Buren and I just checked their team pages which show as much.

Yes, I was more referring to who will play opposite CSAS in the region final as they are the prohibitive favorite, but I would caution counting your chickens before they hatch! Crazy things happen in tournament play. As for this side my prediction would be: jackson, rbs, clay, fcs. And I do not know who is playing and not playing right now this week. The weather is crazy!

Don't worry I don't count anything until it happens. I was at the Jackson County game when we "laid an egg". People keep saying Grace is going to be there at the end and they might be right. Signal hosts the region. There may be a team or two that surprise.

Well tonight South Pitt is going up against Van Buren @Van Buren. Tonights game will be big with Van Buren being the only remaining undefeated team in the district and, people believing that South Pitt will jump over VB for 2nd in district. Any predictions on this game?

The Signal loss was big in my opinion. What happened? Also what happened to Whitwell? Alot of people were predicting them to be strong in the district and now they have a very disappointing record except this win over SM.

• 2 weeks later...

Well GUESS you need to be a BELIEVER now in VAN BUREN!!!

Well last year proved interesting with lots of upsets during the regular season and Marion finishing atop the tournament. What will this year look like? Who will be coach of the year, player of the year, etc? I'll start:

1. Lookout Valley - should return everybody from a team that finished very strong and beat everyone in the district at least once last year except SP. Coaching is excellent. Could have a couple of guys challenge for POY

2. Signal Mtn - i think they only lost one? solid group that had some big wins last year including a huge win vs SP. top notch coaching. Couple of guys could be POY

3. Whitwell - return almost everybody. good young guard player and best player in district in the big guy. He should be POY. coaching = needs some big wins and to avoid the slip ups like last year vs RH

4. Sale Creek - one of the best coaches in the district will surprise some this year with this group. solid core returning.

5. - 7. Van Buren, Marion, South Pitt - I'm not convinced about any of these 3. These guys could upset people and lose to anyone in league. Marion & SP lost lots but all will always have athletes availabe. Just hard to handicap that much attrition. Van Buren = I'm just not a believer

8. Richard Hardy - just have to convince me otherwise.

Thoughts?

Let me tell ya something VAN BUREN BEAT SIGNAL MTN what about that!!! GO VAN BUREN

I don't know mjca, I think you are being a little hard on van buren. I could see them finishing as high as 3rd in the district race, and MAYBE even slipping inside of south pitt for 2nd. No one is going to compete with Signal Mtn tho - did you the see the job they did on SP last night - WOW! No one in the district can touch them. My predictions at this point would be:

1. SM

2. SP

3. LV

4. VB

5. SC

6. WHS

7. MC

8. RH

Oh yeah VAN BUREN still NO.1 WHOO-HOOO

Well tonight South Pitt is going up against Van Buren @Van Buren. Tonights game will be big with Van Buren being the only remaining undefeated team in the district and, people believing that South Pitt will jump over VB for 2nd in district. Any predictions on this game?

The Signal loss was big in my opinion. What happened? Also what happened to Whitwell? Alot of people were predicting them to be strong in the district and now they have a very disappointing record except this win over SM.

Van Buren BEAT Signal Mt!!So why do ppl post we are not impressive we are 7-0 in our District as of today!quote name='smeagle1' timestamp='1294884573' post='2609968']

So how did Watertown look in this game. I looked at Van Buren's schedule and it shows this game as a 2 point lose. I haven't seen Van Buren play but from your post I was expecting to see the game was a blowout.

I will say Signal continues to improve now that their football players are getting their basketball legs.