District 6A

mjca00

Does anyone know how many games South Pitt, Marion and Whitwell have remaining? As of now, I think the top 4 and #8 spots are nail shut and everything depends on what happens by next Tuesday. Several scores were not reported in the paper so some of these schools may be finished and I just don't know it. Any help would be good.

Van Buren still has games remaining against both Whitwell and South Pitt. The Whitwell game will be at Whitwell on Sunday at 3 and, the South Pitt game will be at Van Buren on Monday at 6.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Van Buren probably has a good chance to win this district, but NO team in this district can stay within 20 of CSAS. Mark it down. You heard it here first. I am NOT a CSAS fan, but I am just calling it like I see it. CSAS WONT have a problem with any teams in district 6A.

I agree with you that CSAS will be extremely hard to beat. I don't think I can agree with you about coming within 20. Last year for instance Van Buren played CSAS and had it tied up going into the 4th if I remember correctly. Van Buren didn't lose anyone either. I by no means am a Van Buren fan either, infact if I had to guess I would say that CSAS does come out winning if the two matched up. I'm just saying that I wouldn't give up on this team just yet, they've proved everyone else wrong this year.

Losing to Marion is nearly inexcusable but every team has off days, and anything can happen. I by no means am saying that VB is the better either team because in reality they are not. And you don't think Van Buren has gotten better? Everyone (Including myself) was predicting them to have a mediocre season but instead they demolish the district excluding the fluke in the loss to Marion. I also agree with you about the district being weaker this year then most but it still has been full of upsets and excitment, it has been quite fun to watch. So how do you predict the region's final standings? Who will go into sub-state?

Edited by TheShow1

CSAS WILL win the Region tournament. Grace Academy WILL be the runnerup. I don't think any other teams have a legitimate chance. NO team in district 6A this season is as strong as South Pittsburg or Marion were last season. Those two teams lost to Grace and CSAS in the region. ANY team from district 6A that advances to the region finals would be a HUGE surprise.

I agree with you that CSAS will be extremely hard to beat. I don't think I can agree with you about coming within 20. Last year for instance Van Buren played CSAS and had it tied up going into the 4th if I remember correctly. Van Buren didn't lose anyone either. I by no means am a Van Buren fan either, infact if I had to guess I would say that CSAS does come out winning if the two matched up. I'm just saying that I wouldn't give up on this team just yet, they've proved everyone else wrong this year.

CSAS won @ Van Buren by 20 plus in a HOF game last year, so not sure what game you're referring to. Van Buren won't beat Grace.

Van Buren probably has a good chance to win this district, but NO team in this district can stay within 20 of CSAS. Mark it down. You heard it here first. I am NOT a CSAS fan, but I am just calling it like I see it. CSAS WONT have a problem with any teams in district 6A.

Sometimes a little motivation is needed.