DB at Volunteer

dbFAN91

I would play Volunteer the same way I've played everybody else. If we are lucky enough to have a big lead at halftime then I would rest the starters in the second half. I just wouldn't change the rythem of what we've been doing all season. If somebody is going to get hurt then somebody is going to get hurt. I don't think you can go into any game with that kind of fear.

I would agree WaCo. You always dance with the one that brought you! In recent years that has been a problem because DB changed their play strategy trying to maybe throw the competition a curve ball when we get to the playoffs. I say, "make somebody beat you at what you are good at before you change." What we are doing and have done this year nobody has come close to stopping. ROLL TRIBE!

We do not like playing Central & Volunteer. Not because their smaller but because their.....well you figure it out. Being a smaller school does not give you an excuse for losing to the larger school.

I remember the year that Volunteer kicked DB's butt and I would so love to see it happen again and put a stop to your arrogance :twisted: Go Falcons! Show them what a small hick town school can really do. I'd love to see what the excuses were then. :mrgreen:

I remember the year that Volunteer kicked DB's butt and I would so love to see it happen again and put a stop to your arrogance :twisted: Go Falcons! Show them what a small hick town school can really do. I'd love to see what the excuses were then. :mrgreen:

Right on cue. A member of the 99% club.

I tell you what. Just to be fair. Lets spend this week talking about the year Volunteer beat DB. I won't be able to add anything because I don't remember. But you or any other Volunteer fan that would like to talk about it go right ahead. I will read. Just to be fair.

I thought I read in the paper last year the monery was put up by the county for visitor bleachers at both Hawkins county schools? I hope no one on either team gets hurt.

I agree and never like to see a kid get hurt.If they run around the ends it could be ugly with Chis and Cannon coming up with all they got.

I don't know about visitor bleachers being approved or not, but it does appear that they have started construction on a very small addition to the existing bleachers. It doesn't look like it is very big at all and will not be done this year. It won't be long until the existing bleachers start giving problems as the ground underneath seems to be eroding causing the bleachers to "sink" in the middle a little bit.

The new bathroom that was built should accomodate everyone okay I guess, but as far as seating it won't be near enough.

Hope no one gets hurt for either side and good luck to you guys in the playoffs.

Actually, it was three wins.... and yes, Coach Watson was head coach. Coach Barrett played on at least one of those teams if my memory serves me correct. The only three wins against DB by Volunteer football, varsity at least.

Those guys along with coach Clark,Holt,the the big guy coach Christian have been our favorites at DB for years.I really liked coach Wagner as well and wish Ryan all the best with the baseball team.

I suggest you complain to the TSSAA and get them to change the conferences so you could play schools your own size. It might help you get ready for the playoffs by playing the right size schools. One other thing, maybe after annexing more of Colonial Heights, you could talk your politicians into evening out the student body between North, South and DB. Then maybe we could all play one another in the same conference

Here's my plan. Close North and South and make them the new city Middle Schools. Demolish Robinson and Sevier because lets face it, they need it. The new schools will be awesome and have plenty of room for growth. They can keep their colors and everything. And we could care less about playing the local schools. After all, get ready for the arrogance, "WE ARE D.B.". Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

Here's my plan. Close North and South and make them the new city Middle Schools. Demolish Robinson and Sevier because lets face it, they need it. The new schools will be awesome and have plenty of room for growth. They can keep their colors and everything. And we could care less about playing the local schools. After all, get ready for the arrogance, "WE ARE D.B.". Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

Uh......Dude, We just spent 5 million a few years ago on Sevier. Its one of the nicest middle schools in the state. I haven't been on the inside of Robinson but I think its been redone also. So, not a good plan. But I agree you are one arrogant son of a gun.:)