DII AA Mr. Football Official Ballot

CoachT

Now is your one and only chance to convince me, and several other voters who will be reading this, who the Mr. Football Lineman, Back, and Kicker should be:

For the fourth consecutive year, the Tennessee Titans Mr. Football Awards are being underwritten by a generous grant from the Tennessee Titans Foundation. The TSSAA is very appreciative of the generosity of team owner Bud Adams for his financial support of these awards and to the Titans organization for its wide-ranging support of student-athletes across our state.

Thirty-three finalists will again be honored at this year’s awards luncheon. This group is to include three finalists for Mr. Football Lineman of the Year and three finalists for Mr. Football Back of the Year in each classification (Class A, AA, and AAA in Division I and Class A and AA in Division II). There will be three finalists, regardless of classification, for the Mr. Football Kicker of the Year award. They are to be selected via a vote of football coaches and selected members of the media. The winners of the coveted award are to receive the distinguished Mr. Football trophy with the other finalists being presented plaques.

These outstanding individuals and their schools are to be recognized along with their parents and coaches at the prestigious Tennessee Titans Mr. Football Luncheon, scheduled Monday, November 29 at the Embassy Suites Hotel and Convention Center in Murfreesboro.

Each of the designated media outlets, of which you are one, is asked to submit the name of up to three players in each classification for the Mr. Football Lineman of the Year Award and the Mr. Football Back of the Year Award. You are also asked to submit three players, regardless of classification, for the Mr. Football Kicker of the Year award. It is not necessary to vote for three players in each category, but that is your option. If you feel an individual player is one of the top three players in both categories, then you may list him in both.

In order for your ballot to be counted, it must be received in our office via mail or fax

(1-615-889-0544) no later than MONDAY, NOVEMBER 1.

I must return the ballot by November 1st.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do linebackers ever win? I don't think many people would consider them as backs or linemen.

Yes. Harrison Martin, the middle linebacker from MUS was on the ballot last year. And I believe the lineman award went to Jonathan Brown from CBHS. Linebackers are considered lineman for this ballot. I would not be surprised to see a few of them on there this year.

Yes. Harrison Martin, the middle linebacker from MUS was on the ballot last year. And I believe the lineman award went to Jonathan Brown from CBHS. Linebackers are considered lineman for this ballot. I would not be surprised to see a few of them on there this year.

From what my eyes have seen this year and I have seen every team play except for BGA, McCallie, and Father Ryan.

Backs - QB-Jacob Huesman-Baylor

RB-Corn Elder-Ensworth

DB-Derek King-BA

Lineman -

OL-Antonio Richardson-Ensworth

DL Matt Murphy - CBHS

OL-Conner Caruthers-MUS

Linebackers -

LB-Davis Helton-Baylor

LB-James Kay-MBA

LB-Henry Dickinson-MUS

Kicker - Punter Toby Baker -MUS

Kicker Renfro-BA

Edited by VolunteerCoach

I've only seen everybody in the East/Middle, so I will just present some facts for the running back award. On a side note, I do not believe Antonio Richardson should be considered since he withdrew from DII. Of other linemen I noticed, I really like #32 from Baylor (he played DL and FB), so that may make him too much of a hybrid to win.

But, to the facts:

My choice for running back is Corn Elder (Ensworth). Here is why (according to unapproved website and Tennessean stats):

147 carries for 1262 yards (8.6 average), 18 TD

9 receptions, 181 yards, 1 TD

4 punt returns, 88 yards, 1 TD

25 tackles, 1 FF, 2 FR, 5 INT, 1 DTD

Bottom line: 21 TDs scored from all 3 facets of the game. Show me another back that has done that on an equal standard and I will reconsider my vote. The fact he's a sophomore might hurt him, but hopefully not.

Also, remember, this young man only had 9 regular season games (2 years in a row Ensworth could not find a 10th game). Thus, give him another game and there's no telling how his #s may look. All other candidates have a game on him, so I encourage you to look at production per game, not production per season.

From what my eyes have seen this year and I have seen every team play except for BGA, McCallie, and Father Ryan.

Backs - QB-Jacob Huesman-Baylor

RB-Corn Elder-Ensworth

DB-Derek King-BA

Lineman -

OL-Antonio Richardson-Ensworth

DL Matt Murphy - CBHS

OL-Conner Caruthers-MUS

Linebackers -

LB-Davis Helton-Baylor

LB-James Kay-MBA

LB-Henry Dickinson-MUS

Kicker - Punter Toby Baker -MUS

Kicker Renfro-BA

Can Antonio Richardson still win it considering he's at Pearl Cohn now??

Jacob Huesman from Baylor for the back award. He has led his team to 2nd in the mid/east and has rushed for over 1000 yds. You take him away and I don't think Baylor finishes in the top half of the league.

Back-For sure Huesman. He runs their offense, and it is almost a one man show. As for the lineman award....I have no idea. Take Richardson out, and add any of those three linebackers and that is a good ballot. I do not understand why there isn't a defensive ballot for Mr. Football. As for Corn Elder, I think he is a great player, but this year he has not been as good as Huesman. He will win one is not two Mr. Footballs though.

• 3 weeks later...

if Woody Baron does not win the lineman award it is a crime, consecutive games against the two other candidates for the awards he has been more impressive. He also recorded a staggering amount of stats. Unfortunately I cant find the exact stat at this right.

Woody Baron has been very impressive, but it is going to be a toss up this year. Crenshaw is the best Offensive and Defensive lineman for Ensworth. Yes, he was better the the "great" Antonio Richardson. Dickinson is a stud LB and by far the best defensive player on the MUS team, and Baron is a freak athletically.