Unaka @ Boyd Buc

reaction

This avid Hampton Bulldog fan hopes to see a great game between Unaka and Boyd Buchanan tonight. Not a long drive from my home in Ooltewah.

Chattanooga people, remember to pronounce Unaka correctly. It sort of rhymes with Ja-maica, except it is you-naka. It is not pronounced Una-ka, like uni-verse.

By the way, I am an old graduate of Kirkman Technical High School (Golden Hawks). Kirkman doesn't exist now. Football stadium on Hawk Hill is now the site of the minor leage baseball Chattanooga Lookouts stadium.

My kids went to Hampton, so it is my school now. I travel to most of Hampton's football games. Missed the Cloudland game, due to it being on Thursday night.

Love the Hampton Bulldogs and northeast Tennessee football.

I'm staying neutral tonight, just hope to see a good game with no injuries.

But next week:

Go Dogs!!!!

:thumb:

• Upvote 1

Thanks to all the Boyd fans for your exchanges this week on Coacht it has been clean and fun.I hope we have a good clean hard hitting football game with no injuries.Let's all keep in mind that many of these kids will play their last football game ever tonight.I hope who ever it is that they play hard every snap so they want doubt thir efforts for the rest of their lives.This game (football)teaches so many life lessons people don't get unless you have went to battle with a group of your lifelong friends.In the end only six teams will be happy come December the third and it tears my guts out for all the other teams when it ends. Thats my editorial for the day and with that being said,GO RANGERS IT'S "U. TIME"

Ok. Its time for a prediction.

My BRAIN tells me that Boyd is just too strong, and too experienced. They were State runner-up last year, and even if you lose the core of your players, that fact stays with you for a year or two. And Unaka has never won a play-off game, so why start now? Their defense will play solid, except for 4 or 5 snaps where they completely screw the pooch, and give up a big, game changing play. Just like they did against Hampton and Happy Valley.

My brain tells me Boyd 31 Unaka 22.

BUT, my HEART tells me that Unaka wants this game more than anything. They want a rematch with Hampton next week. They want to get that "never won a play-off game in 55+ years" monkey off their back. And this is going to be the year they do it... I personally feel that while Boyd respects Unaka's football team, they still underestimate them. I really believe that when hitting on all cylinders, Unaka's offense can score with any 2A team in the state (aside from Signal Mountain, TC, ect.) This team has a ton of heart. And they don't quit either.. When Hampton scored 15 seconds into the game, or when they blew a two TD lead to find themselves down a score to Erwin, any other Unaka team would have quit. But not this team. They played until the final whistle. This team has heart.

So my heart tells me, with alittle luck, Unaka 36 Boyd 27.

• Upvote 1

I hope all of you people from Unaka have braced yourself to be graced with the presence of The Great One. I look for The Swamp to provide a festive atmosphere for the young lads on both sides. I have spoken with The Living Legend Reaction and he has agreed to sign autographs this festive evening. I will be available in the endzone area or hill side for pictures or interviews. If you just want to mingle then feel free to join my entourage tonight. My bodyguard will be unable to attend tonight so I hope The Living Legend Reaction has the security worked out. I am sure he has everything planned out being how he is such a good organizer, follower and campaign promoter for The Living Legend.