Round One: Oakland Vs Franklin

2priceless

I dont recall ever once stating that Franklin WOULD beat Oakland. I only said that IF Franklin came out and played a solid game that Franklin COULD beat Oakland. There is nothing for me to be humble about. I dont play their anymore, nor do I go there. As for your post, when you come out stating that a team is bigger, faster, more athletic, etc. it comes across as a start to an excuse. After re-reading your post it can still looks like you are an Oakland fan. My apologies if I misinterpreted your post.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont recall ever once stating that Franklin WOULD beat Oakland. I only said that IF Franklin came out and played a solid game that Franklin COULD beat Oakland. There is nothing for me to be humble about. I dont play their anymore, nor do I go there. As for your post, when you come out stating that a team is bigger, faster, more athletic, etc. it comes across as a start to an excuse. After re-reading your post it can still looks like you are an Oakland fan. My apologies if I misinterpreted your post.

I meant not before the game, but after it was played and this is very appropriate, up to a point. Meaning, "i told you we could beat them", "i told you we had a chance", etc. This is what CoachT is for! And you were right! So please enjoy the moment, but most would have picked oakland over franklin for very solid reasons!

Oakland is sort of like the Dallas Cowboys. The should be in the running for the championship, but they are not. It is not a result of talent or coaching or anything else. That was my point! If you will check my past posts out, I am mainly a Blackman fan that has become more of a Blackman fan over the last 4 or 5 years since i began to go to games at Blackman when i am not traveling. Typing is not the best venue for communication because it gives so many opportunities to mis-communicate, so no offense taken!

I hopr Franklin folk realize that most of the trash-talking that was on here was not from OHS folk, but from Blackman folk. Blackman fans......you need to remember how it felt last yr when you lost and learn some humility.

I respect all opponents, even ones that I "hate". I have been there when we were the best team on the field but lost, and I have been there when we weren't the best team on the field and found a way to win. I am not in any way saying that was the case last night before feathers get ruffled from the Rebel fans. I have liked Franklin for yrs and enjoyed the rivalry we had over that time. They have a great fan base and are well-prepared every time they step on the field.

I know this is a hard morning for Oakland players, fans, and coaches. I feel for every single one of them. The coaches have put in countless hours that folk have no clue about and the kids have given up so much to be a member of the football team. I mean , just think, when they were giving up their Saturday to go in and watch film, some other kid is sleeping late and dreaming of driving doughnuts on another team's field. Unless you have played this game, you don't have a clue. You can second-guess every call on the field, but just remember that you saw it AFTER the fact. I am guilty as charged myself. Please support this team and staff when they need it the most right now. I am appreciative of every single member of this team and every member of the staff. You have revived OHS to GLORY, and it was a job well-done. I know I live in the past a lot and it is hard to me to accept change and not see Marty U around , but my hat is off to every person from the kids in the stands, the cheerleaders, the band, concession stand workers, those that announce the games, that line the field, the players, and the coaches. Know that you are respected, appreciated, and loved. Lick your wounds and come back with a vengeance . Good things are still coming your way!

Good luck to Franklin. Stay injury-free and give every play your all.

Classy post!

Classy post!

Dear Uncle Rico,

Yes I agree, you could have won State if the coach would have put you in. Keep selling that Tupperware, I know you will go far.

BRING me some chap stick – MY LIPS HURT REAL BAD!

Napoleon

I feel very sorry for the Oakland Players if this will be one of the top highlights of their life. Sure to bond with team mates is great. Making friendships that will last a life time…Hey I get all that. But really….?

I would hope that Oakland High School is preparing these young men to aspire to greater heights. How about the feeling you get when you walk across that stage decked out in a Cap & Gown and get handed your College Diploma. Getting handed the keys to your first house; seeing the glow of you future wife as she walks down the aisle at your wedding……….

Keep your eyes on the big picture, the football season has ended, but the real “Game†is still within reach.

What a game. First of all, let me congratulate the Oaklnad players, coaches, and fans on a great season. Also, I attended the game last night, and Oakland's fans were some of the classiest I have seen in a long time. In addition, I am sorry to hear that the Oakland running back was unable to play Friday, I hate to see that kind of thing. Now...on to the game.

This was one of the best football games I have had the privilege to watch in awhile. Both teams played their hearts out. This was the type of game that should be played in the state quarterfinals or semis, not the first round. Two teams of this caliber should never meet this early. But enough complaining about the TSSAA. Franklin put together a complete team win Friday night. The offense, defense, and coaching staff all did their part. It was a rough first half, but give credit to Franklin for keeping it together and coming out in the second half motivated. Whatever the coaches said to those boys or adjustments they made it halftime, it made a huge difference in the second half. The Franklin defense stepped up big in the second half, shutting out an offense like that for an entire half is no small task. Also, the receivers for Franklin made some great catches. Not to mention the consistent running game, credited to both the RBs and the O-line. Franklin could have easily won this game by two touchdowns had it not been for the interception at the 2 yard line. A great game to watch, and Franklin came up with the big plays when they needed them. I can't wait to make the trip out to Murfreesboro again next week, should be a good one! Go Rebels!

Edited by TheAnswer21

Is it true that the OHS coaching staff is resigning?

Has this been substantiated or are you just trying to start something?

I could well imagine that the coaches are down, depressed, and maybe second-guessing themselves. I cannot imagine that any of them are at the point of quitting coaching. It is too much in their blood, and they are all still young. If so, that would be a shame. They have done special things at OHS, and can continue to do so with the nucleus they have left.

Let's not give this any life on here. The kids are hurting enough.

Is it true that the OHS coaching staff is resigning?

I have asked around and I'm really don't think so. However did hear something about some of the Asst. Coaches and/or staff receiving some threats. The kind that gets the whole family upset. This may be where some Coaches/staff are giving some second thought to things.

Dear Uncle Rico,

Yes I agree, you could have won State if the coach would have put you in. Keep selling that Tupperware, I know you will go far.

BRING me some chap stick – MY LIPS HURT REAL BAD!

Napoleon

I feel very sorry for the Oakland Players if this will be one of the top highlights of their life. Sure to bond with team mates is great. Making friendships that will last a life time…Hey I get all that. But really….?

I would hope that Oakland High School is preparing these young men to aspire to greater heights. How about the feeling you get when you walk across that stage decked out in a Cap & Gown and get handed your College Diploma. Getting handed the keys to your first house; seeing the glow of you future wife as she walks down the aisle at your wedding……….

Keep your eyes on the big picture, the football season has ended, but the real “Game†is still within reach.

Great post! You are so correct! :thumb: