Round One: Oakland Vs Franklin

2priceless

As long as Clayton is the head coach Franklin will never win a State Championship. I said this when he was hired and I stick by it today. He has a poor record against Brentwood, and his teams perform poorly in the playoffs. He had no busniess losing the State Championship a couple years ago when Nichols was QB. He abandons the run far too often and his play calling is very predictable.

For Franklin to win tonight Clayton is going to have to come out with a balanaced attack. If he doesn't Oakland will run up the score on Franklin. If he does it will be a tightly contested game that I think the Franklin players can win.

so You said this when Coach Clayton was hired. Interesting. who did you say this to? or are you just coming on here to be negative. Go away ftballkicker. Go kick your own balls. So, Clayton has performed poorly in the playoffs? I think it was only two years ago that the Rebels were in the state championship. I guess since they lost that game you consider it a failure. Go kick yourself!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit...... I can't even stomach your ignorance

Let's talk offense first. OL played pretty well, as even you can understand by Franklin's stats, they slung the ball all over the field last week and did not run (something like 78 yards) The OL had a good game upfront PASS BLOCKING. Pass blocking, young one, is not nearly anything like run blocking. I did not question, the play calling as you accuse me of, rather the lack of confidence. If you watched the game, Brentwood out physicaled Franklin up front, no bones about it. In Clayton's mind, maybe he is thinking why go to the ground when the ball in the air is working so well......except those 4 ints. Oh yeah

And I said the DL played pretty well, but if they had played GOOD ENOUGH maybe they would have stopped the run. Look at Brentwood's stats, they had over 300 yards rushing. How do you think the front (which includes LBs) played sir? Unless I'm wrong, you're the one that said the FHS defensive coaches made NO adjustments at halftime (I think Mr Hogan can back me up on that one)

And finally, being a fan and supporting your team does not having anything to do with being delusional. As I said last week, I wanted Franklin to win, but facts are facts, Franklin got beat down up front and couldn't stop Brentwood's run game, that coupled with 4 ints and a bogus fumble call by the referees gave the game to Brentwood. They played a good game and made less mistakes, which is exactly what they needed.

Anyways, if Franklin can keep from making those little mistakes tonight, they can pull the win out (but not by two TDs)

Next time just swallow and then you can stomach it. :roflol:

so You said this when Coach Clayton was hired. Interesting. who did you say this to? or are you just coming on here to be negative. Go away ftballkicker. Go kick your own balls. So, Clayton has performed poorly in the playoffs? I think it was only two years ago that the Rebels were in the state championship. I guess since they lost that game you consider it a failure. Go kick yourself!

Grow up kid. I was there when Coaches were being interviewed for the job after Coach J. surprised everyone by going to Giles County. Lucky for me I was a Senior and never had to play under Clayton. The only reason he was hired is because Todd Campbell knew at the time that Clayton could get his son into a major college (a lot of good that did him). The only reason Franklin lost the State Championship that year is because Oakland knew everything that Clayton was going to do becuae he abandoned the run (not taking anything away from Oakland in that game they played a great one). Until Clayton realizes that he is no longer in Kentucky and that going after a team with a one dimensional approach isnt going to work the Rebels will never be a State Championship team. The talent in 6A is too great to beat with just a solid passing game.

Grow up kid. I was there when Coaches were being interviewed for the job after Coach J. surprised everyone by going to Giles County. Lucky for me I was a Senior and never had to play under Clayton. The only reason he was hired is because Todd Campbell knew at the time that Clayton could get his son into a major college (a lot of good that did him). The only reason Franklin lost the State Championship that year is because Oakland knew everything that Clayton was going to do becuae he abandoned the run (not taking anything away from Oakland in that game they played a great one). Until Clayton realizes that he is no longer in Kentucky and that going after a team with a one dimensional approach isnt going to work the Rebels will never be a State Championship team. The talent in 6A is too great to beat with just a solid passing game.

First off I am not your kid. Since you were there when the coaches were being interviewed then I guess you helped hire the person that you say can never win in the playoffs. :roflol: Good job kicker. You are the fool of this board.

First off I am not your kid. Since you were there when the coaches were being interviewed then I guess you helped hire the person that you say can never win in the playoffs. :roflol: Good job kicker. You are the fool of this board.

Fool? Who said that Franklin would beat Brentwood by 3 TD's and who is now saying that Franklin will beat Oakland by 2 TD's? There is a difference in being a fan and being ignorant. You my friend are being ignorant. Funny though with the kicker jokes... How many times have you stepped foot on the field on Friday nights?

Fool? Who said that Franklin would beat Brentwood by 3 TD's and who is now saying that Franklin will beat Oakland by 2 TD's? There is a difference in being a fan and being ignorant. You my friend are being ignorant. Funny though with the kicker jokes... How many times have you stepped foot on the field on Friday nights?

I guess I will just be a ignorant REBEL fan! Let;s go boys. Prove the kicker wrong. Play hard and do it.

FHS FHS

FHS

FHS

FHS

FHS

FHS

FHS

FHS

FHS

Let's get it on. Hey kicker you want to sit with me at the game tonight? You probably are not going and then will come on here and rip on the coaches. you are like that kicker for the Colts that Peyton had to get on to!

will it be too cold for you kicker boy?

Prove the kicker wrong? Never stated I think Franklin will lose. Only stated that they will have to play a balanced game to beat a quality opponent like Oakland, who was ranked #1 in the State for a majority of the year. Franklin has played a team close to the caliber of Oakland yet this year so the odds are stacked agains em but if our boys come out and play like we all know how, and Clayton doesnt fail em with poor play calling, then Franklin can and will win this game. If they bail on the run early and Kuivinen throws 4 INTs again Oakland will win easily.

As for going to the game... I will be at home with my wife and 5 month old enjoying the game on the radio. No sense in bringing my little boy out to the Boro in 20 degree weather.

Edited by ftballkicker