Round One: Oakland Vs Franklin

2priceless

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The brackets have been released and Oakland, Blackman, and Smyrna are all in the same Quad.

Can Oakland Make it out of the first round ?

Can they knock off Franklin?

What do we look for out of Franklin this game?

Strengths?

Weaknesses?

Let's get it onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

I think I am going to boycott this game, wouldn't want TSSAA to their $4 share of my ticket cost, I will send Franklin and Oakland their $2 though.

Franklin is really weak, Oaktown should slobber knock them! :popcorneater:

Before I respond to this comment let me establish the point that these teams should not even be playing each other this early. Two of the top teams in the state playing in the first round, really? Since when did 8-2 get you a 6 seed? Alright that's enough let me move on to the game...

Franklin is really weak? Hmmmm...they lost to a Brentwood team by 3 points in a game in which they comitted 5 turnovers. The same Brentwood team Oakland needed a last-second touchdown to beat. Yeah, looks like a real big talent differential there. The strengths of the two teams are Franklin's passing game (388 yards against a solid Brentwood defense) against Oakland's power running game. I think it will be a very close game and whoever commits less turnovers will win.

Why? The Rebel D is making more big plays this year then last year and have you seen the BGA defense? :roflol:

Hey Mr. Fbforme lets compare the BGA schedule this season to the Franklin schedule this year and then lets see why more big plays were made by the Rebels than the Wildcats.

Would you rather play Ensworth or Hoptown from KY

Would you rather play MBA or Mem Fairley

Would you rather play BA or Fern Creek from KY

Would you rather play Baylor or Ooltewah

Mr. Fbforme, the Rebels finally on Friday night played a good well coached team since the opening game and what happen to your defense....31 points given up.... you even got on coacht yesterday and said adjustments were not made and too many big plays were given up....you need not put down one of the most respected defensive guys around who gave 6 good years to the Rebels.

Good Luck against another good team this Friday night :popcorneater:

Why? The Rebel D is making more big plays this year then last year and have you seen the BGA defense? :roflol:

yes, I most definitely HAVE. In fact, I have seen them twice this year. Let's remember who won between Franklin and BGA? I was there. Looks like his D held you to 6. Also take a look at the first half against BA.....pretty impressive. BA just had so many fresh bodies to pull in and that makes such a difference for a defense. I think it takes a lot of guts to make a move to a school that has to play the truly big dogs of football. Oh and just in case you forgot, Donnie was on Oakland's staff when we took the gold in 98.

yes, I most definitely HAVE. In fact, I have seen them twice this year. Let's remember who won between Franklin and BGA? I was there. Looks like his D held you to 6. Also take a look at the first half against BA.....pretty impressive. BA just had so many fresh bodies to pull in and that makes such a difference for a defense. I think it takes a lot of guts to make a move to a school that has to play the truly big dogs of football. Oh and just in case you forgot, Donnie was on Oakland's staff when we took the gold in 98.

Is Donnie Webb an incredible defensive coordinator? yes. Is the BGA defense better than the Franklin defense? no. Don't you think the reason BGA might have won that game had to due with the fact that Franklin's top 3 running backs got hurt the week before the game. Or that the top 5 running backs for Franklin for that game had never had a carry in a varsity game before? Or maybe the fact that Webb had just finished coaching at that school for 6 YEARS, knew the offense inside and out, and had unlimited film? Oh and the defenses gave up the same amount of touchdowns, so even if you wanted to you couldn't say BGA's defense was better, just their kicker. Also, Franklin let up less yards (about 50 if you take out the big pass play).

Is Donnie Webb an incredible defensive coordinator? yes. Is the BGA defense better than the Franklin defense? no. Don't you think the reason BGA might have won that game had to due with the fact that Franklin's top 3 running backs got hurt the week before the game. Or that the top 5 running backs for Franklin for that game had never had a carry in a varsity game before? Or maybe the fact that Webb had just finished coaching at that school for 6 YEARS, knew the offense inside and out, and had unlimited film? Oh and the defenses gave up the same amount of touchdowns, so even if you wanted to you couldn't say BGA's defense was better, just their kicker. Also, Franklin let up less yards (about 50 if you take out the big pass play).

Guess you could say the BGA offense was better than the Franklin defense then.

You have a buttload of excuses don't you?

Guess you could say the BGA offense was better than the Franklin defense then.

You have a buttload of excuses don't you?

I'm sorry, I thought I had checked in on the Oakland/Franklin thread. I must have made a wrong turn into the BGA/Franklin thread by mistake.

Edited by patsprez