Bowl Game Rhea County vs Grace Christian Academy Knoxville

Rhea Co.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to say that I have read the article in the Daily Times and it actually did zero justice to Grace, it's players and it's coaching staff. People of Rhea County please listen up when I say this! From what I was told in the stands last Friday night Greenback held out most of their players with the exception of a couple that had other engagements (i.e. a wresting tournament, which was very understandable) and began to play their 2nd team squad and some J.V. I was also told that it was being done for two reasons. One, they had some players out as stated before and two, they wanted to save themselves from the playoffs. Now, I didn't play high school football but I did play basketball. It was quite a while ago but I do know the feeling of competition inside of an athlete. Those boys of Greenback DID NOT want to show up and lose (kinda on purpose) to Grace. By the way, did I mention that I was sitting in the Greenback bleachers? This information was given to me by a players own Dad. Now, second thing on the agenda is "running up the score" and "leaving starters in". Well, to me (and this is just my opinion) I would have done the same thing. If a team wants to fold on my team then I would make it worth my time and effort as well. Also, I see that Grace only scored 7 points in the fourth quarter on a long pass to their star receiver #4 which is the one everyone is making a stink about. I dug a little deeper and found out that a "big" school is looking at him very hard right now. I won't say that school because I'm not familiar with "rules" so I don't want to get anyone in trouble. I hear that on the T.D. pass in the 4th quarter he broke the 1,000 yard mark on the season, which in turn helps him very much in his recruitment into college. Bottom line Rhea County fans, you picked a good looking team to play in this bowl match-up. Seems to me that the district they play in doesn't like them very much and I think that is because they are quite good. From what I read on here my last comment will warrant many replys saying that they are only good because they "cheated" to get there. As an unbiased football fan who just wanted to enjoy a night out with my Grandson who's cousin cheers for Greenback, I just don't want you guys to get a negative feeling toward those fans, players and coaches. Thanks for your time and I hope to see a good game if I can make it. I'd really like to see Grace play again.

Bet you're right. Not our style.

Speaking of next year's schedule, can someone "educate" me (since it's been inferred that I'm pretty ignorant about football in general) just why do we schedule such tough teams like Bearden and Knox Catholic? Is there a monetary incentive? I'm seriously asking a question as to how we choose our "non-district" games. It just doesn't make sense to me to play such tough teams - not good for the morale of the team, community, etc. But I'm open-minded if someone can explain it to me. But use small words, one- to two-syllables, please. I'm dense when it comes to sports. :roflol:

Ok I'll try to keep it simple. Ok so back two years ago when we won the region, went to the quarter finals, and then the realignment happened. We couldn't get teams to play us because teams like chatt central, red bank, hixson, brainerd, and so on couldn't schedule us because their schedules were already filled or just didn't want to play us. So we had to go look for new teams to play and since we had done so good in 2008. The teams that we tried to schedule didn't want to play. Eventually we just had to schedule whoever we could to fill out the schedule. Like I thought we were going to only play a 9 game schedule these last two seasons until we finally got Catholic to play us. Now as for monetary incentives go, yeah that plays apart for some games. For example we are getting $1,500 to go play Grace Thursday which will cover mainly our travel expenses. Now as for the next two years schedule, I'm hopeing it will be easier to get teams to play us and we don't have to go all the way over to middle tennessee to play. However, since the Chattanooga area has a lot of smaller schools and around here smaller schools don't like playing bigger schools. So that makes it harder to schedule more local teams because we are a bigger school. Also with how the play-off system is too scheduling the right teams is important. To find those those teams that are going to help you in the tie breaker situations.

Hopefully this helps to reason why we played such a tough schedule the last two seasons.

Edited by Rhea Co.

We just want to play somebody and Grace offered, so we took the game. I think it will be a good game. Grace is a good team from what I am seeing on film.

Yeah Grace has a very good team, but i believe their 3 losses came against Rockwood, Gibbs, and CAK....which are all playoff teams. Rhea Co. should be able to wear them down though and pull away.

Its like I read in an earlier post...Rhea is in a lose-lose situation.

Yeah Grace has a very good team, but i believe their 3 losses came against Rockwood, Gibbs, and CAK....which are all playoff teams. Rhea Co. should be able to wear them down though and pull away.

Its like I read in an earlier post...Rhea is in a lose-lose situation.

lose, lose not really its a win win this sr bunch is a group that plays with great heart and seems to love it. who cares who we play sounds like they called us and its just another chance for these kids to play. cant wait to watch them play 1 more time. sometimes its just about getting to put the uniform on 1 more time for these kids most of the srs will never get to play again. im glad the boys get anothergame. 1a 2a 6a middle school. its a bowl game who cares. best of luck this week guys. last time we will get to see that sherrill boy play!!!! by the way clinton you got yours a couple of years ago in evensville!!! so quit trying to stir the pot!!!!

I just wanted to say that I have read the article in the Daily Times and it actually did zero justice to Grace, it's players and it's coaching staff. People of Rhea County please listen up when I say this! From what I was told in the stands last Friday night Greenback held out most of their players with the exception of a couple that had other engagements (i.e. a wresting tournament, which was very understandable) and began to play their 2nd team squad and some J.V. I was also told that it was being done for two reasons. One, they had some players out as stated before and two, they wanted to save themselves from the playoffs. Now, I didn't play high school football but I did play basketball. It was quite a while ago but I do know the feeling of competition inside of an athlete. Those boys of Greenback DID NOT want to show up and lose (kinda on purpose) to Grace. By the way, did I mention that I was sitting in the Greenback bleachers? This information was given to me by a players own Dad. Now, second thing on the agenda is "running up the score" and "leaving starters in". Well, to me (and this is just my opinion) I would have done the same thing. If a team wants to fold on my team then I would make it worth my time and effort as well. Also, I see that Grace only scored 7 points in the fourth quarter on a long pass to their star receiver #4 which is the one everyone is making a stink about. I dug a little deeper and found out that a "big" school is looking at him very hard right now. I won't say that school because I'm not familiar with "rules" so I don't want to get anyone in trouble. I hear that on the T.D. pass in the 4th quarter he broke the 1,000 yard mark on the season, which in turn helps him very much in his recruitment into college. Bottom line Rhea County fans, you picked a good looking team to play in this bowl match-up. Seems to me that the district they play in doesn't like them very much and I think that is because they are quite good. From what I read on here my last comment will warrant many replys saying that they are only good because they "cheated" to get there. As an unbiased football fan who just wanted to enjoy a night out with my Grandson who's cousin cheers for Greenback, I just don't want you guys to get a negative feeling toward those fans, players and coaches. Thanks for your time and I hope to see a good game if I can make it. I'd really like to see Grace play again.

This post made my head hurt. I only read the first 3 sentences.

lose, lose not really its a win win this sr bunch is a group that plays with great heart and seems to love it. who cares who we play sounds like they called us and its just another chance for these kids to play. cant wait to watch them play 1 more time. sometimes its just about getting to put the uniform on 1 more time for these kids most of the srs will never get to play again. im glad the boys get anothergame. 1a 2a 6a middle school. its a bowl game who cares. best of luck this week guys. last time we will get to see that sherrill boy play!!!! by the way clinton you got yours a couple of years ago in evensville!!! so quit trying to stir the pot!!!!

:thumb: