BLACKMAN VS OVERTON

pattonboysdad

Good job Blaze in getting the win. Didn't feel we really played that well but thats what happens when you play in a tough quad. Overton is a good team and has a pretty good defense. Its good to come out with the win. I hope we show a little more emotion next week. Kinda looked like we were just going thru the motions.

I thought #5 for Overton looked pretty good. You can tell he has a lot of talent and may be good enough to play for MTSU. I don't think we have 25-30 guys as good as him.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So did the truck. So it really was a sign from the football Gods. Great win. I heard Mathers wasn't his usual self. Only Had 200 and change. Let me guess. You tied his feet together and blindfolded him before the game to make it interesting.Congrats Blaze. Get ready for Franklin. Apperently they are better than we think.

Not really...alot of factors played into this loss that had nothing to do with Franklin.

Good job Blaze in getting the win. Didn't feel we really played that well but thats what happens when you play in a tough quad. Overton is a good team and has a pretty good defense. Its good to come out with the win. I hope we show a little more emotion next week. Kinda looked like we were just going thru the motions.

I thought #5 for Overton looked pretty good. You can tell he has a lot of talent and may be good enough to play for MTSU. I don't think we have 25-30 guys as good as him.

the crowd was good but also quite...this was a trap game for sure!...good to get the solid win though...

we may not have 25 to 30...i agree...but we have at least 3...

Stat box says this kid #5 caught 7 balls for 122yds and 2td's. Is that right?

one was for about 65 yards as the QB got ROCKED (not sure how the qb completed that pass) and then followed this play up (on same drive) with about a 10 yard Td pass vs our # 1's...second TB pass vs ourback ups with about 1:00 minute left in game...again...he was good...but not game changer at all...

Stat box says this kid #5 caught 7 balls for 122yds and 2td's. Is that right?

Pretty much a non-factor. Most of his numbers came after the game was over. One touch was on a tipped ball when the defender batted the ball up but not away and the second was against a back-up that got lost in his coverage. Came with a minute left in the game! :popcorneater:

Edited by mykidsdad

Blackman is a very talented team. Everyone knew this coming into the game and it really showed. Mathers played a great game no doubt but he does not do it alone. Blackman's line got a great push up front all night long. Blackman's QB looked good as well. He got the job done when needed. Defensively I thought that Overton was able to move the ball on Blackman. The second series Overton moved the ball down field until #7 fumbled it away. I thought Blackman bent but did not break. They were tough. For Overton it was all about depth. They do not have any. I thought #7 ran pretty well except for the two fumbles. #5 is a very talented player which is why he signed with MTSU. In Overton's offense it does not always show. Overton is a running team and that is why he does not get the numbers some other players in a different offense would get. Great game for Blackman and a really good year for Overton.

By the way the score should have been 28-14. On the play where the Blackman defended walked into the endzone untouched late in the game the Blackman defender carried Overton's QB down with an obvious facemask. This was not called. The QB was also obviously down when the ball came out a moment later. The Blackman defender picked it up and walked in. Horrible officiating. It did not matter though as Blackman was clearly the better team. Congrats on moving on and Good luck.

The game was much closer than most thought it would be. Many said Blackman would win by thirty or more.

Congratulations on the win! Though we came out really flat. Kinda slept walked through the first half. Overton looked like they were waiting for us to pull away. I felt like when we got up by two scores the game was over. Second half I think we got into the flow better and handled our business. Line play was solid, D was tremendous as usual. Great job Phur on the kickoffs, what a great weapon. Way to finish, on to he next round. :popcorneater:

This just in.... that #4 kid is pretty good.

I just read the article in the Tennessean. I also read all of the posts from last night. Why is it that no one gives Overton any credit at all. Blackman was the better team no doubt. However many posters thought that Blackman would win by at least thirty. Several posters have said that Overton's #5 was not good. One poster even said that if he was a D1 player then Blackman has at least 25-30 just like him. The Tennessean said Blackman coasts to victory and the game was boring. Several of the Blackman players and even Shad said that Blackman did not play their best game. Could it be that maybe Overton was actually pretty good? Mathers is a great back. For once he was actually tackled without breaking any really long runs. His longest was about thirty and the second longest was barely twenty. He also fumbled for the first time in a while due to a big hit. Blackman's QB was picked off once. Overton moved the ball fairly well on Blackman's defense. #5 had 7 catches for over 100 yards and two touch downs. #7 for Overton had over 100 yards. Blackman may have a couple of players like Overton's #5, one being Mathers, but no where near 25-30. If they did MTSU and other schools would be all over them. The Tennessean also mentioned the play where the Blackman defender got an open shot on the Overton QB late in the game, no facemask was called even though it was completely obvious, and then he picked the ball up and walked in. The Tennessean completely messed that one up giving the Blackman defender paper time for getting away with a facemask.

Im not taking anything away from Blackman. You all have a great team. However, Overton deserves some credit for playing better than most people thought that they would and for playing a hard fought game.