BLACKMAN VS OVERTON

pattonboysdad

I just read the article in the Tennessean. I also read all of the posts from last night. Why is it that no one gives Overton any credit at all. Blackman was the better team no doubt. However many posters thought that Blackman would win by at least thirty. Several posters have said that Overton's #5 was not good. One poster even said that if he was a D1 player then Blackman has at least 25-30 just like him. The Tennessean said Blackman coasts to victory and the game was boring. Several of the Blackman players and even Shad said that Blackman did not play their best game. Could it be that maybe Overton was actually pretty good? Mathers is a great back. For once he was actually tackled without breaking any really long runs. His longest was about thirty and the second longest was barely twenty. He also fumbled for the first time in a while due to a big hit. Blackman's QB was picked off once. Overton moved the ball fairly well on Blackman's defense. #5 had 7 catches for over 100 yards and two touch downs. #7 for Overton had over 100 yards. Blackman may have a couple of players like Overton's #5, one being Mathers, but no where near 25-30. If they did MTSU and other schools would be all over them. The Tennessean also mentioned the play where the Blackman defender got an open shot on the Overton QB late in the game, no facemask was called even though it was completely obvious, and then he picked the ball up and walked in. The Tennessean completely messed that one up giving the Blackman defender paper time for getting away with a facemask.

Im not taking anything away from Blackman. You all have a great team. However, Overton deserves some credit for playing better than most people thought that they would and for playing a hard fought game.

Your right Overton has a very good team, If not they wouldn't have been in the playoffs. Congrates on a great season! I hope you enjoyed your visit and please come back again next year. :thumb:

Now on to Franklin. GO BLAZE!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your right Overton has a very good team, If not they wouldn't have been in the playoffs. Congrates on a great season! I hope you enjoyed your visit and please come back again next year. :thumb:

Now on to Franklin. GO BLAZE!

The visit was very cold. Blackman has a great set up and a good atmosphere for high school football. I was impressed and had a very good experience even though the team I was pulling for got beat. Congrats Blackman and good luck the rest of the way.

The visit was very cold. Blackman has a great set up and a good atmosphere for high school football. I was impressed and had a very good experience even though the team I was pulling for got beat. Congrats Blackman and good luck the rest of the way.

WIP...I know you know how much I hate to say I told you so but...Hampton touched it, what...10 times for about 170 and 2 TD's? Fat Albert touched it his usual 20 something for his usual 100 and no TD's. Sounds like Hampton and #27 shoulda gotten it more. Why oh why oh why do they not see that he was the 3rd best back on the team? BTW...does he go "Hey, Hey, Hey" when they hand him the ball? Overton sucks!

I just read the article in the Tennessean. I also read all of the posts from last night. Why is it that no one gives Overton any credit at all. Blackman was the better team no doubt. However many posters thought that Blackman would win by at least thirty. Several posters have said that Overton's #5 was not good. One poster even said that if he was a D1 player then Blackman has at least 25-30 just like him. The Tennessean said Blackman coasts to victory and the game was boring. Several of the Blackman players and even Shad said that Blackman did not play their best game. Could it be that maybe Overton was actually pretty good? Mathers is a great back. For once he was actually tackled without breaking any really long runs. His longest was about thirty and the second longest was barely twenty. He also fumbled for the first time in a while due to a big hit. Blackman's QB was picked off once. Overton moved the ball fairly well on Blackman's defense. #5 had 7 catches for over 100 yards and two touch downs. #7 for Overton had over 100 yards. Blackman may have a couple of players like Overton's #5, one being Mathers, but no where near 25-30. If they did MTSU and other schools would be all over them. The Tennessean also mentioned the play where the Blackman defender got an open shot on the Overton QB late in the game, no facemask was called even though it was completely obvious, and then he picked the ball up and walked in. The Tennessean completely messed that one up giving the Blackman defender paper time for getting away with a facemask.

Im not taking anything away from Blackman. You all have a great team. However, Overton deserves some credit for playing better than most people thought that they would and for playing a hard fought game.

UrRong is right. There was NO facemask on that play. I watched the video. The "Defended" hands never went above the shoulder pads. When the highlights are eventually posted on StorkMontgomery.com go watch and eat some crow!!!! (Apologies in order....all around.)

Don't ever volunteer to be an eye-witness! That's how innocent people go to jail.

UrRong is right. There was NO facemask on that play. I watched the video. The "Defended" hands never went above the shoulder pads. When the highlights are eventually posted on StorkMontgomery.com go watch and eat some crow!!!! (Apologies in order....all around.)

Don't ever volunteer to be an eye-witness! That's how innocent people go to jail.

i agree workinprogress...i watched the video as well...no facemask is why they did not call it in the game and therefore why the Tennessean did not write about it...why would it be in the paper if it was not called on the field???

i agree workinprogress...i watched the video as well...no facemask is why they did not call it in the game and therefore why the Tennessean did not write about it...why would it be in the paper if it was not called on the field???

I did not have the pleasure to watch the video. From my vantage point it appeared to be a very obvious facemask. If I am wrong about that part then I apologize to the young man. The Tennessean prints things all of the time that is not accurate or investigated before it is printed.

Spoon and UrRong so glad you both could grace us with your words of wisdom.

Nowastedtime your comment was way out of bounds. If I am wrong about a facemask call I will gladly apologize to the young man. I did not have the pleasure to watch the video. Comparing what I did to having an innocent person go to jail is absolutely uncalled for. No class.......

I did not have the pleasure to watch the video. From my vantage point it appeared to be a very obvious facemask. If I am wrong about that part then I apologize to the young man. The Tennessean prints things all of the time that is not accurate or investigated before it is printed.

Spoon and UrRong so glad you both could grace us with your words of wisdom.

Nowastedtime your comment was way out of bounds. If I am wrong about a facemask call I will gladly apologize to the young man. I did not have the pleasure to watch the video. Comparing what I did to having an innocent person go to jail is absolutely uncalled for. No class.......

i think you have his name wrong...it's not "NOWASTEDTIME"...it's "NOTIME2SPARE"...and i think he was just joking...trying to use a little humor...just messin around...JK...JJ...being cute...playing...just poking at ya... :thumb: