Sequoyah at Gibbs

eggman

Sequoyah travels to Gibbs High School, Chiefs coming off a 0-10 season to making the playoffs, coming off a big win against Sweetwater, Gibbs power house team who loves to run the ball,heard they dnt throw alot,chiefs stop the run well but not the pass. Who wins and why?

I think that the boys from Sequoyah have begin to learn what it takes to win.The improvement from last year has been obvious as well as the overall attitude of the players.In look for this bunch to be fired up and ready to go Friday night and expect to see a win against Kenny Chesney High.Our "Boys of Fall" are better than theirs!!

Well Sequoyah has improved vastly over the last couple of years, I do not see them defeating Gibbs. To much talent and confidence at this point in time. Maybe give the Chiefs a cpl more years if they keep the program together with out the conflicts of within. Would be a good thing to see the region become stronger over all.

Sequoyah travels to Gibbs High School, Chiefs coming off a 0-10 season to making the playoffs, coming off a big win against Sweetwater, Gibbs power house team who loves to run the ball,heard they dnt throw alot,chiefs stop the run well but not the pass. Who wins and why?

Guys, as someone who went to several of Gibbs games this year, I can tell you that if Gibbs QB Chris Legg plays (injured last week vs. Austin-East), Sequoyah will be unable to keep the game close. Gibbs runs a triple option, similar to what you would see Georgia Tech run on Saturdays. Legg was injured in the early 2nd quarter of the game- and is a big part of their running option game. Stopping the run against teams that run more traditional offenses is one thing, but the triple option, when run well, will confound unfamiliar high school teams. If Legg plays, I fully expect Gibbs to score in the ballpark of 40 points. Generally speaking, Sequoyah has not faired well against opponents of considerable talent. I would project Gibbs as a 21 point favorite if Legg plays; a 10 point favorite if he does not.

As an aside, Gibbs is 9-1 and undefeated at home. Their only loss was to Fulton, who finished the season 6-4, but had losses to Alcoa and Powell (teams that most any team will lose to). Fulton possessed the athleticism on offense to score on Gibbs' defense enough to overcome Gibbs' own offensive onslaught (43 points). I'd just like to point out that I highly doubt that Madisonville fields the same type of athleticism as does east Knoxville.

Guys, as someone who went to several of Gibbs games this year, I can tell you that if Gibbs QB Chris Legg plays (injured last week vs. Austin-East), Sequoyah will be unable to keep the game close. Gibbs runs a triple option, similar to what you would see Georgia Tech run on Saturdays. Legg was injured in the early 2nd quarter of the game- and is a big part of their running option game. Stopping the run against teams that run more traditional offenses is one thing, but the triple option, when run well, will confound unfamiliar high school teams. If Legg plays, I fully expect Gibbs to score in the ballpark of 40 points. Generally speaking, Sequoyah has not faired well against opponents of considerable talent. I would project Gibbs as a 21 point favorite if Legg plays; a 10 point favorite if he does not.

As an aside, Gibbs is 9-1 and undefeated at home. Their only loss was to Fulton, who finished the season 6-4, but had losses to Alcoa and Powell (teams that most any team will lose to). Fulton possessed the athleticism on offense to score on Gibbs' defense enough to overcome Gibbs' own offensive onslaught (43 points). I'd just like to point out that I highly doubt that Madisonville fields the same type of athleticism as does east Knoxville.

yes you guys probaly have more athletes and talent but sequoyah has been underdog all season,signal mountain game was 28 6 in 4th quarter signal mountain was 1 or 2 in state so the cheifs know how to play with the good teams. I think it will be a low scoring game.

I had no idea the QB got hurt in the last game, does anyone know exactly what happen?