Sequoyah at Gibbs

eggman

Congrats to both teams, Gibbs on the win and Sequoyah for a great season. Chiefs played Gibbs 0-0 at the half, then Gibbs would hit the big plays and pull away with a 28-6 win.

The game played about as I would have expected. Gibbs attempted to keep QB Legg out of the game and instead start the sophomore backup, #18 Kennard. While I'm sure that he will have an opportunity to be a good Gibbs QB in the future, he does not make the reads quite like Legg- and he is not as elusive.

I would imagine that at half with a 0-0 score, Conley did not want to risk the season on resting his starting QB (who I believe had a neck/shoulder-related injury). Legg came in to start the 3rd quarter and left early in the 4th with his team up 28-0. It's amazing what a difference the QB makes in that offense.

Next week Gibbs will play Scott County. So long as Legg plays, I expect a Gibbs blowout as Scott narrowly defeated Claiborne, whom Gibbs defeated 34-0 during the regular season.

The game played about as I would have expected. Gibbs attempted to keep QB Legg out of the game and instead start the sophomore backup, #18 Kennard. While I'm sure that he will have an opportunity to be a good Gibbs QB in the future, he does not make the reads quite like Legg- and he is not as elusive.

I would imagine that at half with a 0-0 score, Conley did not want to risk the season on resting his starting QB (who I believe had a neck/shoulder-related injury). Legg came in to start the 3rd quarter and left early in the 4th with his team up 28-0. It's amazing what a difference the QB makes in that offense.

Next week Gibbs will play Scott County. So long as Legg plays, I expect a Gibbs blowout as Scott narrowly defeated Claiborne, whom Gibbs defeated 34-0 during the regular season.

Lookin forward to the quarters at greeneville :thumb:

Gibbs wont be able to stop the devils at all!

Lookin forward to the quarters at greeneville :thumb:

Gibbs wont be able to stop the devils at all!

i agree gibbs had big plays against sequoyah tht killed the chiefs. reverse, bout 3 broken tackles by the hibbet kid and a pass tht was unexpected. greenville has more athletes then sequoyah.If gibbs beats scott county they wnt get passed greenville. still love my chiefs. Good luck to chiefs in future they finally turned this program around.

Gotta dissagree here, dont think it was the qb that turned things around last night for Gibbs, but the play calling, using misdirection against the Chiefs worked out for the Eagles, knew it wouldnt be long for a strike across the middle with no safety in the game. Thought Gibbs played smart by spreading the offense out and running the gut.

Dont get your hopes up about blowing Scott out, they are a complete team with a qb who can scramble, gotta tailback and 4 good recievers, line is huge. I will go a step futher to say Scott wins.