Brighton vs Germantown

footballhick2009

This here is one of the best first round matchups I believe there is. Who ya got???

Nice System we have T$$AA! Brighton wins one (THAT IS ONE) 6A game and gets to host a playoff game. There are district winners who are having to travel and they played a true 6A schedule! I am rooting for Germantown big time. With my luck it will probably be Dickson vs. Brighton in 2nd round assuring that one of them go to 3rd round. Anyway around it UNFAIR

Nice System we have T$$AA! Brighton wins one (THAT IS ONE) 6A game and gets to host a playoff game. There are district winners who are having to travel and they played a true 6A schedule! I am rooting for Germantown big time. With my luck it will probably be Dickson vs. Brighton in 2nd round assuring that one of them go to 3rd round. Anyway around it UNFAIR

coachfoozeball:

Really? Your are going to openly post on a high school athletic message board that you are rooting against a certain group of teenagers (Brighton) because the adults who designed the play off system (TSSAA) didn't exactly get it right with this particular version?

Again ... really?

• Upvote 1

coachfoozeball:

Really? Your are going to openly post on a high school athletic message board that you are rooting against a certain group of teenagers (Brighton) because the adults who designed the play off system (TSSAA) didn't exactly get it right with this particular version?

Again ... really?

He just said that Brighton only won one 6a game and he is rooting for germantown...I am too...isnt that done all the time <_<

i have a friend that lives in west TN...he says they are both pretty bad!

I say if the strength of schedule is any idication of success and failure than the team that played the stronger schedule should always win, right? Wrong! Any team that puts up over 400 pts shouldn't be classified as not very good - no matter who they played! I think Brighton could surprise a lot of people on how far they could go in the playoffs this year. I know, we have thought this before but I really think this could be the year to make it at least to the third round. Unless you've seen this team play, you will be surprised at the talent on this team. There are at least 2 or 3 Div I prospects on this team and they are underclassman! Go Cards!

I say if the strength of schedule is any idication of success and failure than the team that played the stronger schedule should always win, right? Wrong! Any team that puts up over 400 pts shouldn't be classified as not very good - no matter who they played! I think Brighton could surprise a lot of people on how far they could go in the playoffs this year. I know, we have thought this before but I really think this could be the year to make it at least to the third round. Unless you've seen this team play, you will be surprised at the talent on this team. There are at least 2 or 3 Div I prospects on this team and they are underclassman! Go Cards!

OK! i'm just the messenger!

the guy who told me this is an older friend (early 60's and retired) and still goes to friday night games often...he's seen both play and he's been here twice to see games of 7AAA...he coached D1 college ball for over 30 years...clemson, va. tech, duke, ecu, marshall, unc, etc...

This here is one of the best first round matchups I believe there is. Who ya got???

I've seen Brighton 3 times and have not seen Germantown. Brighton has talent, an overrated QB and an underrated running back. Brighton has the poorest coaching I have seen, and defense seems to be in short supply. I can't see how they can advance far. If Germantown can practice ball control and avoid turnovers, they should win.

Edited by Augielio

I've seen Brighton 3 times and have not seen Germantown. Brighton has talent, an overrated QB and an underrated running back. Brighton has the poorest coaching I have seen, and defense seems to be in short supply. I can't see how they can advance far. If Germantown can practice ball control and avoid turnovers, they should win.

Kinda harsh on the coaching aren't you. Germantown has won for a long time doing what they do....

He just said that Brighton only won one 6a game and he is rooting for germantown...I am too...isnt that done all the time <_<

I am fully aware of his complaint about the Brighton's lack of 6A opponents and the seemingly reward for their lack of strength of schedule. That's not Brighton's fault. They didn't devise the format. His beef is with the TSSAA, not Brighton, yet his message is that since the TSSAA's format fell short he's going to take it out on the young men who had nothing to do with the design of the play-off system. The reasoning for his agression against Brighton seems to miss the people who are actually responsible ... the TSSAA.

I am fully aware of his complaint about the Brighton's lack of 6A opponents and the seemingly reward for their lack of strength of schedule. That's not Brighton's fault. They didn't devise the format. His beef is with the TSSAA, not Brighton, yet his message is that since the TSSAA's format fell short he's going to take it out on the young men who had nothing to do with the design of the play-off system. The reasoning for his agression against Brighton seems to miss the people who are actually responsible ... the TSSAA.

KWC - I have enjoyed many of your posts but you need to get over yourself on this subject. This is a message board. How is he taking it out on Brighton? He merely hopes Brighton gets beat. And I agree with you that his real beef should be with TSSAA. But are the kids at Brighton reading this and feeling some physical or mental beatdown at the hands of coachfoozeball? Lighten up. :flower: