My Suggestion For Tweaks

workinprogress

1. District winners are guaranteed at least one home playoff game and a seed higher than any other district member.

2. Keep the tiebreakers except for the above.

3. Addition to tiebreaker that says games won against .500 teams. Add a point system. You get 1 point for every 1A school you beat, 2 points for every 2A, 3 for every 3A and small private, etc. Team with most points get the higher seed. All points must come from teams with a .500 record or better. You get nothing for beating a team with less than a .500 record.

4. For the playoffs also have a point system and reconfigure after each round. Add these points to the season total for new seedings. If you beat an 8 seed you get 1 point, a 7 seed 2 points, etc. Again team with the higher points gets the top seed.

Just my opinions.

1. District winners are guaranteed at least one home playoff game and a seed higher than any other district member.

2. Keep the tiebreakers except for the above.

3. Addition to tiebreaker that says games won against .500 teams. Add a point system. You get 1 point for every 1A school you beat, 2 points for every 2A, 3 for every 3A and small private, etc. Team with most points get the higher seed. All points must come from teams with a .500 record or better. You get nothing for beating a team with less than a .500 record.

4. For the playoffs also have a point system and reconfigure after each round. Add these points to the season total for new seedings. If you beat an 8 seed you get 1 point, a 7 seed 2 points, etc. Again team with the higher points gets the top seed.

Just my opinions.

My tweak would be to go back to the old system.

Does anyone think that the "small" state of Tennessee rates (8) State Champions.

Go back to 4 or 5 at most and put all schools together...............privates might have to cut back on some recruiting (LOL). *note Publics recruit also!!

Case in point!

Why did Brentwood HS even bother to have a regular season this year? They won their district this year..............that rates #1 seed and a home game 1st round; I do not think anyone can deny that!!

Is the Rutherford district rather strong this year...........YES!

Will that last forever..........Probably not!

Last year and this year were hastily drawn up without regard to stupid consequences............almost like stuff done in Washington DC.

Priority should be based on regular season leagues and placement should proceed from there.

Comments

Does anyone think that the "small" state of Tennessee rates (8) State Champions.

Go back to 4 or 5 at most and put all schools together...............privates might have to cut back on some recruiting (LOL). *note Publics recruit also!!

Case in point!

Why did Brentwood HS even bother to have a regular season this year? They won their district this year..............that rates #1 seed and a home game 1st round; I do not think anyone can deny that!!

Last year and this year were hastily drawn up without regard to stupid consequences............almost like stuff done in Washington DC.

Priority should be based on regular season leagues and placement should proceed from there.

Comments

I agree somewhat. I think Tn should go to five classes. Four for public schools and small private schools. One for large private schools that offer financial aid. Place the small private schools that offer financial aid two classes above where their enrollment would normally place them. The classes could have very easy cutoff points. 500 or below 1A, 501-1000 2A, 1001-1500 3A, and 1500 or more 4A, the large private schools that offer financial aid could go to 5A. However, this would certainly not just be a tweak it would be an overhaul. One that is much needed by the way.

Case in point!

Comments

:thumb: :thumb:

Case in point!

Comments

There are only four quads and Brentwood is not a top four team. They're not even fourth in 7AAA!

You win the district and draw Smyrna, that sucks. You have to go through the best to be the best. Play the game!

I went through and figured out the point totals for 6A Quad 3 since it has gotten a lot of attention and because it is the one I am interested in most!

Smyrna would receive points for beating: Beech (5), Brentwood (6), Blackman (6), Siegel (6), Riverdale (6), and Oakland (6) for a total of 35pts.

Blackman would receive points for beating: Tullahoma (5), Lincoln County (6), Siegel (6), Oakland (6), Brentwood (6), and Riverdale (6) for a total of 35pts. I put them behind Smyrna since Smyrna won the district and beat them head to head.

Oakland would receive points for beating: Ensworth (6), Siegel (6), Brentwood (6), Riverdale (6), and Lincoln County (6) for a total of 30pts.

Brentwood would receive points for beating: Gallatin (5) and Franklin (6) for a total of 11pts.

Mt. Juliet would receive points for beating: McGavock (6) and Hendersonville (5) for a total of 11. I put them behind Brentwood since Brentwood won their district.

McGavock would receive points for beating: Overton (6) for a total of 6pts.

Franklin would receive zero points.

Overton would receive zero points.

First round games would look like:

Smyrna v. Overton

Blackman v. Franklin

McGavock v. Oakland even though Oakland is the higher seed. McGavock won their district so they would have the home game.

Brentwood v. Mt. Juliet. These two tied for points. Brentwood would get the home game since they won their district.

It seems more fair but I am sure that Oakland would argue that they should receive home field for being the higher seed.

Edited by workinprogress

Everybody looks at what happened at this school with this good record, what about Coffee Co going 3-7, but winning the district when they upset Cookville. What if you did this, district winners get #1 seed, then go and rank accord to record. 1 & 2 still get in but 1 gets top seed. If you have 2 that are winners then best record gets 1 and next best gets 2. If they have the same record, heck flip a coin, thats what they did on Frdiay Night Lights and it worked out ok.

I know I heard this somewhere, but when the coaches voted on this did all coaches vote in favor of it or not. If they did I wonder how many of them would change there vote now?