IMAC

littlerock

The girls race for the conference championship will be interesting. I have seen most of Cherokee's games and they have been a little disappointing. However against M.West they absoutely dominated them. It was the first time this year that the CHS coach started and played all three big girls at the same time and West was completely outmatched. Maybe it was a matchup thing or just a good and or poor game but we'll learn more if the roads ever clear up and play resumes.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The girls race for the conference championship will be interesting. I have seen most of Cherokee's games and they have been a little disappointing. However against M.West they absoutely dominated them. It was the first time this year that the CHS coach started and played all three big girls at the same time and West was completely outmatched. Maybe it was a matchup thing or just a good and or poor game but we'll learn more if the roads ever clear up and play resumes.

True. West got behind 17 to 1 and then forced the ball inside way way way too much trying to catch up. West cut it down to 5 points by halftime but Cherokees size was just too much. The play of the Taylor girl was the difference in the second half.

I wouldn't get too excited if I'm the rest of the IMAC, and wouldn't get too down if I'm a West fan. M-West's loss to Cherokee is a bit puzzling, but people need to remember this team is still 4-1 in conference, with wins against Jefferson County and Seymour. I tend to believe that M-West fell victim to overlooking a solid opponent, and Cherokee played it's best game of the year.

Also, playing so many freshmen...a game like this was bound to happen. But these freshmen have also helped M-West beat some very good teams (Oak Ridge, Campbell County out of conference). They have one of the top post players in the district in junior Allison Jones, several outside scoring threats, and a quick, albeit inexperienced, point guard who can score from anywhere. Plus, they have the best coach in the IMAC. I still believe M-West is the team to beat.

I hope you are right. By the way West did beat Seymour (at Seymour) without Jones in the line up. So they do have others who can play but Jones is for sure the key to their success.

Big game for my Lady Canes today against Jeff Co. If we can come out of there with a win things will be looking good for us in conference, but Jeff is a good team and its always been tough to beat them at home. It would be nice to get over the hump and get a win against them, something we havent done in a long time.

Tough loss for Lady Canes to Jeff Co but they competed well. Brutal week for the ladies this week as they are on the road for 3 games against Cherokee, Mo West, and Seymour. Not sure of the conference standings but I believe Jeff Co, Mo West, and Cherokee have 1 loss with Mo East and Seymour having 2 losses. Its a crap shoot every night in the IMAC. Still anyones conference to win, 3 or 4 losses might win it or at least a tie for first.

West cant dominate when the talent is more even. Regardless they probably have the most talent in the imac (even though its young). The fact that they are losing games reflects that they rely on talent and struggle when the playingfield is more level. Proof is that 2 years ago they didnt make the state tourney and last year they didnt win the state. The rest of the imac needs to keep up the hard work and keep developing players while hoping west doesn't bring in another Taylor Hall

West cant dominate when the talent is more even. Regardless they probably have the most talent in the imac (even though its young). The fact that they are losing games reflects that they rely on talent and struggle when the playing field is more level. Proof is that 2 years ago they didnt make the state tourney and last year they didnt win the state. The rest of the imac needs to keep up the hard work and keep developing players while hoping west doesn't bring in another Taylor Hall

I'm not really sure what your point is here. I don't think I've ever seen a team dominate against equal talent. I've seen teams consistently win against an even playing field, which is what West continues to do. The scary thing is the fact some of the prime contributors this year are freshmen or sophomores, but Jefferson County has that, too.

The race for the regular season title is going to come down to the last week. Jury is still out on just how good Cherokee is. Seymour is facing "must win" Monday night at M-West to remain in the race. If M-West sweeps their next three games (Seymour, at East, Cherokee)...and I stress IF...Jefferson County is going to feel the pressure to win out.

One more factor in all this...scheduling. Lot of snow has postponed many games. Some teams will find themselves playing four or five games in the span of seven days. Depth will be an issue down the stretch.