IMAC

littlerock

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Cherokee lose twice in the Johnson City Honda tournament at Daniel Boone. The second loss was to Hampton. Cherokee has great size and Ryans is a nice player. However, they do not get up and down the court particularly well and turn the ball over repeatedly against presses or on-ball pressure.

Saw Cherokee lose twice in the Johnson City Honda tournament at Daniel Boone. The second loss was to Hampton. Cherokee has great size and Ryans is a nice player. However, they do not get up and down the court particularly well and turn the ball over repeatedly against presses or on-ball pressure.

Is that Cherokee vs. West score that is posted correct from last night?

Where is all of the great IMAC fans this year? Cherokee, Mo West, and Jeff Co. off to nice starts in conference play with Cocke Co., Mo East, and Seymour with something to say about how the conference will end up! Things seem to be wide open and all the fans are in hidng. Come on tell us who you think is looking good and whos not. Any surprises? Any predictions? Keep it fun!!

Where is all of the great IMAC fans this year? Cherokee, Mo West, and Jeff Co. off to nice starts in conference play with Cocke Co., Mo East, and Seymour with something to say about how the conference will end up! Things seem to be wide open and all the fans are in hidng. Come on tell us who you think is looking good and whos not. Any surprises? Any predictions? Keep it fun!!

IMAC has been way too quiet this year. Ray and Barb, missed seeing your comments so far on the IMAC thread.

Jeff County is in the drivers seat I believe. Cherokee is BIG but could lose to several teams on a given night. Seymour will beat everyone in the bottom tier but will have a hard time with Jeff and M'town West. M'town East can beat anyone on a given night. M'town West is the big question mark....how will they bounce back after the loss to Cherokee? and how much better can the talented freshmen group get by tourney time? Cocke County must improve bench play if they are to improve. Sevier will finish towards the bottom of the pack and South Doyle must look to the future. The Imac is definitely down this year with Science Hill , DB and the Vikings leading contenders for the Region Title.

Morristown Easts record is not great but they have played a very tough schedule which I know will pay off in the long run. I think they are the deepest team in the IMAC and they are starting to play a little better as a team. Hensley and Berquist are starting to give Gilmore some help scoring inside and when they dont get in foul trouble are as good a group of BIGS in the conference. King and Hale can shoot the long ball as good as anyone around and will keep defenses honest. Wills has done a pretty good job of taking care of the ball and is getting better every game. Hayes is coming in and giving quality minutes at the PG position which will be huge down the stretch. Several other role players are starting to learn their roles on the team and contibuting nicely. The big thing is this team seems to have finally learned how important defense is and are doing better on the defensive end. If Coach Cloninger (and I believe she will) can keep them playing as a team and playing hard on defense they will be a hard out come tournament time. The one concern for Lady Cane fans is the free throw shooting so far, an area the ladies must in to go vary far. Tracy keeps doing a wonderful job with the girls and I know they love playing for her!

Jeff County is in the drivers seat I believe. Cherokee is BIG but could lose to several teams on a given night. Seymour will beat everyone in the bottom tier but will have a hard time with Jeff and M'town West. M'town East can beat anyone on a given night. M'town West is the big question mark....how will they bounce back after the loss to Cherokee? and how much better can the talented freshmen group get by tourney time? Cocke County must improve bench play if they are to improve. Sevier will finish towards the bottom of the pack and South Doyle must look to the future. The Imac is definitely down this year with Science Hill , DB and the Vikings leading contenders for the Region Title.

I wouldn't get too excited if I'm the rest of the IMAC, and wouldn't get too down if I'm a West fan. M-West's loss to Cherokee is a bit puzzling, but people need to remember this team is still 4-1 in conference, with wins against Jefferson County and Seymour. I tend to believe that M-West fell victim to overlooking a solid opponent, and Cherokee played it's best game of the year.

Also, playing so many freshmen...a game like this was bound to happen. But these freshmen have also helped M-West beat some very good teams (Oak Ridge, Campbell County out of conference). They have one of the top post players in the district in junior Allison Jones, several outside scoring threats, and a quick, albeit inexperienced, point guard who can score from anywhere. Plus, they have the best coach in the IMAC. I still believe M-West is the team to beat.