IMAC

littlerock

I'm not really sure what your point is here. I don't think I've ever seen a team dominate against equal talent. I've seen teams consistently win against an even playing field, which is what West continues to do. The scary thing is the fact some of the prime contributors this year are freshmen or sophomores, but Jefferson County has that, too.

The race for the regular season title is going to come down to the last week. Jury is still out on just how good Cherokee is. Seymour is facing "must win" Monday night at M-West to remain in the race. If M-West sweeps their next three games (Seymour, at East, Cherokee)...and I stress IF...Jefferson County is going to feel the pressure to win out.

One more factor in all this...scheduling. Lot of snow has postponed many games. Some teams will find themselves playing four or five games in the span of seven days. Depth will be an issue down the stretch.

West certainly has the tougher schedule down the stretch than does Jeff. Based on the schedules West can basically hope for a tie while Jeff can have more hope for the district crown. West sure cannot beat the quality teams remaining on its schedule if they continue to get behind by great margins like they did at Cherokee (17 to 1) and at Jeff (25 to 6) resulting in their only two loses in the district this year. West must play more conservative on offense and get better shots early in the games to avoid another loss.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West cant dominate when the talent is more even. Regardless they probably have the most talent in the imac (even though its young). The fact that they are losing games reflects that they rely on talent and struggle when the playingfield is more level. Proof is that 2 years ago they didnt make the state tourney and last year they didnt win the state. The rest of the imac needs to keep up the hard work and keep developing players while hoping west doesn't bring in another Taylor Hall

The proof is that they didn't win the state last year??? So does that mean that all the district championships West has won over the last several years proves that they just can't be successful without a Taylor Hall?? Just curious...How many times has West beaten your team over the last 15 years?? By the way, if you run accross any Taylor Halls tell them West would love to have them.

Who would have thought the IMAC would be this "crazy" at this point in the season? I don't think that anyone could have predicted the success of Cherokee or Seymour. Jefferson County had a chance to take the lead, but fell short. West seems to be struggling, especially after the big loss from East.

Questions - Could Cherokee hold on and win it all? Is Seymour capable of being the surprise team? Did East have one great game, or is their season turning around? Can West regain their domination of the district? Will that senior bunch of Jefferson girls finish on a winning streak?

IMAC seems to have the most excitment and uncertainity in East TN right now. Come on IMAC fans, post your opinions and predictions!