IMAC

littlerock

I don't know what to predict in this conference. I believe that Jefferson Co. is a bit overrated, actually way overrated. I was at the Seymour/Cherokee game and just by watching warm ups I thought Cherokee's big girls would be too much for us but Seymour held their own. Cherokee was having major problems breaking the press all night and thats what cost them. Seymour controls their destiny from here out with home games against Sevier Co. and away games against Mo. East, Cherokee, and Cocke Co. Going on the road is always tough so I'm sure Cherokee and Cocke Co. will be looking for redemption as will Mo. East who lost pretty handily at Seymour a few weeks back. I would like to say Seymour will run the show from here on out but you never know which team will show up on any given night. It's really a toss up.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what to predict in this conference. I believe that Jefferson Co. is a bit overrated, actually way overrated. I was at the Seymour/Cherokee game and just by watching warm ups I thought Cherokee's big girls would be too much for us but Seymour held their own. Cherokee was having major problems breaking the press all night and thats what cost them. Seymour controls their destiny from here out with home games against Sevier Co. and away games against Mo. East, Cherokee, and Cocke Co. Going on the road is always tough so I'm sure Cherokee and Cocke Co. will be looking for redemption as will Mo. East who lost pretty handily at Seymour a few weeks back. I would like to say Seymour will run the show from here on out but you never know which team will show up on any given night. It's really a toss up.

So true. One team will look unbeatable one night and then lose the next. My take is there are several teams that could win on a given night. If Cherokee's guards play well they can beat anyone because of their great size inside. If M'town East is hitting outside shots they are really tough. If Seymour is moving the ball really well , they win. Now Sevier is also playing tough. M'town West is in a slump but could bounce back quickly and beat anyone on a given night. Jeff. probably has the inside track because of their finishing schedule. The district tourney should be fun and interesting. But I must say however--Go Trojans.

The proof is that they didn't win the state last year??? So does that mean that all the district championships West has won over the last several years proves that they just can't be successful without a Taylor Hall?? Just curious...How many times has West beaten your team over the last 15 years?? By the way, if you run accross any Taylor Halls tell them West would love to have them.

Hate to tell ya, but Sidney Goins is what made that team go until her injury!!!!!

I have no dog in the IMAC, but from what I've seen Jeff County is slightly the best team to me. All teams in IMAC are streaky. Outside South Doyle, anyone could win the tournament. Definitely should be interesting!!!

I have no dog in the IMAC, but from what I've seen Jeff County is slightly the best team to me. All teams in IMAC are streaky. Outside South Doyle, anyone could win the tournament. Definitely should be interesting!!!

My predictions for the last week of the IMAC regular season. Jeff. County wins with 3 losses. Tied for second will be M'town West and Seymour with 4 losses each. Cherokee next with 5 losses. Then M'town East, Sevier County, Cocke County and South Doyle. My predictions for the district tourney will be Jeff and M'town West in the championship game unless they are in the same bracket. If so, Seymour will be in the Championship Game. Best chance for pulling a big upset will be M'town East. Darkhorse is Cherokee. Winner of Championship Game will be M'town West (I hope).

I agree Jeff Co. has the easiest remaining games left, but I believe Seymour will win out and finish with only 3 losses and tied with Jeff Co for first. Idk how it will determined who gets number 1 seed if this does end up happening due to a split with Jeff Co. I don't think West has what it takes to win the tournament, they have talent but they just don't have that spark about them to take it all the way. Jeff Co. or Seymour wins tournament, but I'd be happy with just one win in the tournament in order to book a ticket to region tourney. Good luck to everyone though.

Edited by seymourbsbll19

I agree Jeff Co. has the easiest remaining games left, but I believe Seymour will win out and finish with only 3 losses and tied with Jeff Co for first. Idk how it will determined who gets number 1 seed if this does end up happening due to a split with Jeff Co. I don't think West has what it takes to win the tournament, they have talent but they just don't have that spark about them to take it all the way. Jeff Co. or Seymour wins tournament, but I'd be happy with just one win in the tournament in order to book a ticket to region tourney. Good luck to everyone though.

WOW. Now have a three way tie for 2nd. Whoever ends up fourth will likely have to play M'town East in the district which I predict will be the most likely game for an upset with Sevier also being a possible spoiler.

What are the match-ups for the district tournament?

#1 Jeff County vs #8 South Doyle

#2 Cherokee vs #7 Cocke County

Morristown West and Seymour are tied for 3rd - coin toss for 3rd and 4th

3rd place will play #6 Sevier County

4th place will play #5 Morristown East

Jeff County and Cherokee should win their games but the other two games are toss ups. East seems to be playing very good right now, Seymour can beat any body when they are playing good, and if Sevier is hitting the 3 point shot, they are tough as well. West is the biggest question mark. Galyon has been really confused the second half of the season with what line up he should be playing and it has definitely hurt them. If they can get the right combination playing the majority of the game, they could easily win the district tournament, but if he keeps doing the strange things that he has been, they will not make it through the first round.