Polk at CAK

polkalumn01

Now after the slough of vids this young man is very polite and extremely accurate!!! I have to say Polk's D is more aggresive than any I saw in the vids though but I have to say this will be a tough one for the Cats because we have to be able to cover better than we have to be able to have a better shot at winning this one.

Conditioning will be a factor in the outcome. McMinn Central was leading 22-19 with about 8 minutes left in the game. The Charger's skilled players had done a good job keeping limiting CAK explosive attack. The Chargers had the ball coming out after making CAK punt. At that point in the game, CAK's defense held and forced a Central turnover that was converted into a touchdown. Because defenders have to defend the CAK passing attack all over the field, players exert alot of energy. Teams that are not in shape or do not have enough depth will be "hanging on" late in the game. Central played six or seven skilled guys both ways the entire game and it had an effect on the outcome.

I know that Allen and Hargrove both go both ways. Both of these guys must have big games (IMO). Polk has not seen a passing game like CAK but CAK has not seen the type to "ground and pound" Wing-T that Polk runs. No, it is not like Alcoa's running game, it is very different in that is marries the mis-direction of the Wing-T and the power-game of the POWER I. CAK's defense has been suspect to teams with great offensive line play like Alcoa and Loudon. Polk's O-Line is really good. Will CAK load up the LOS to stop the run and make Polk throw it?

CAK's QB is a great player. Would Polk move Hargrove to DE to apply pressure? Can the coaching legends at Polk figure a way to slow the CAK attack?

I would love to see Polk have to play Alcoa in the quarters. Can the Wildcats keep it close until the 4th QTR without running out of gas? I hope so!

Now after the slough of vids this young man is very polite and extremely accurate!!! I have to say Polk's D is more aggresive than any I saw in the vids though but I have to say this will be a tough one for the Cats because we have to be able to cover better than we have to be able to have a better shot at winning this one.

Just curious, are you aware that the first 20% or so of the video, "last 5 games" is CAK offense vs. Alcoa? Are you saying that Polk's defense is more aggressive than Alcoa's?

Edited by Govolsknox

You guys are certainly very confident. Not sure you guys know quite as much about the history of CAK football as you think you do though. I can say with a pretty high degree of certainty that the Warriors won't be looking at this as another day at the office and they won't be counting this as a "W" till it's over. With a win, this CAK team can become the most winning team in CAK's 10 year football history. For the last 5 years, CAK has been knocked out by Alcoa in the 2nd round or sooner.

As a Warrior fan, I can agree with you that I too have seen a few teams walking off the field with a look that says, "what just happened?"

Since you say you've read enough CAK threads to draw a conclusion, I guess you know you won't get a lot of smack talk from CAK fans. What you will get is 4 quarters from a team that doesn't quit for anyone.

Polk fans, have a safe trip to West Knoxville!

May have came off different than I meant. I'm confident of Polk's preparation , coaching , etc. I surely don't think CAK will give anything away.Hammer down on going for another school record. Polk has set a few this season also. That just gives the boys coming up more pride in their programs ,more to shoot for. No,haven't read a whole lot of ALL the threads on here. My eyes were opened somewhat Thursday ,week ago . Perfect matchup . Ditto on the four quarters . And Alcoa , imo , my analogy is : they are the Yankees of 3a - I love to >hate< em ,lol. Now one of us needs to beat 'em. Case Kalosed. <_<