Polk at CAK

polkalumn01

Since this is a Cak vs Polk thread,and I am a Alcoa fan I did not think I should post here,but since afew posters bring up the fact that alcoa would rather play cak than polk I had to jump in and say that I believe most Alcoa fans would rather play polk not because Alcoa is scared of CAK.Why would we be?We match up better with polk cause we are built to stop the run.I also like for everyone to get a taste of what they have been missing.I do not know any of the cak people so I cant say I hope they win cause I really dont care.This goes for the state championship too.I dont want to play either goodpasture or milan.I want to play a different team.They have had their chance.Its alot more enjoyable to see what other teams have to offer,so to all the polk people do your best to win this game.I personally don't think you have a snowball's chance!

Reading thru this ,# 1 is -? huh? #2 - And then No,not scared. #3 - Then,we ain't missing anything,'cept competition,granted to ya,o.k. . #4 -Ya HAVE to care,else you'd a kept yer yap shut , #5 -Yeh,different team - 's what we're ALL about ,( ? the hail ,? why WOULDN'T YA ? ). # 5 - The -Polk - people - ,are not what will decide it. The Polk TEAM will. And of course thats where my loyalty resides. Go POLK !

Reading thru this ,# 1 is -? huh? #2 - And then No,not scared. #3 - Then,we ain't missing anything,'cept competition,granted to ya,o.k. . #4 -Ya HAVE to care,else you'd a kept yer yap shut , #5 -Yeh,different team - 's what we're ALL about ,( ? the hail ,? why WOULDN'T YA ? ). # 5 - The -Polk - people - ,are not what will decide it. The Polk TEAM will. And of course thats where my loyalty resides. Go POLK !

Sorry man.I guess.........I could not understand any of this,but ok.

Football Dad do you guys run like a throw it deep every play or a more traditional west coast type spread using more underneath crossing patterns, dump passes, and screens?

Polk fans we need to remember that we haven't been out of the 2nd round since 1979 and that ended at Goddard Field, in wonderful, majestic, and glorious Alcoa. We have nothing to be cocky about. I hope this is an injury free game with great sportsmanship.

Go Polk

Heh heh heh. Would you git off that high ( horse) goat yer ridin' and 'splain sumpin' ? Who in the heck CARES about 1979 -b. c. OR a.d. ? Yes ,Goddard field and thier high price box burgers was something to behold. Their puffed up shove it in yer face NFL balloon was cool too. What has that got to do with football tho ? I < think we have EVERYTHING to be cocky about ! You think CAK s joking,but their knot ( s , in their stomach )

I'm sure FBD will answer when he get's a chance, but in the mean time you can take a look at some of the highlight video from earlier in this thread and get a fairly good idea of our passing offense.

A little more info: CAK is probably 70/30 pass/run, but it's really closer to 80/20 if you leave out finishing out games towards the end where the coaches are trying to run the clock. The Warriors do throw some underneath routes, but throw a lot of medium and deep balls as well. CAK has 1 outstanding SR and 3 outstanding sophomore receivers that get most of the action, but have some other good receivers who see PT as well. The CAK receivers have speed and run precise routes which allows them to get open. But what really stands out to me is their ability to CATCH the ball. If it's close, they catch it. There were a few (not many) uncharacteristic drops in the Alcoa game that I attributed to a few nerves in their first match up with Alcoa. The medium and deep patterns, of course, rely on Epperly having time to let the play develop. Over the last 2 seasons, the Warrior OL has been able to consistently give him time. Alcoa got the most pressure on Epperly this year with their outstanding athletes, particularly #1 Warren and #5. Having said that, CAK had around 300 yards passing and 2 recievers over 100 yards each.

As far as a running attack, it is obviously in the shadows of the passing game, but is capable when called upon. The primary back is quick through the hole and keeps driving after contact. He is approximately 160 lbs. The QB (6-2 200) is one of the fastest players on the team, and is very capable of breaking off big runs.

I'm sure FBD will answer when he get's a chance, but in the mean time you can take a look at some of the highlight video from earlier in this thread and get a fairly good idea of our passing offense.

A little more info: CAK is probably 70/30 pass/run, but it's really closer to 80/20 if you leave out finishing out games towards the end where the coaches are trying to run the clock. The Warriors do throw some underneath routes, but throw a lot of medium and deep balls as well. CAK has 1 outstanding SR and 3 outstanding sophomore receivers that get most of the action, but have some other good receivers who see PT as well. The CAK receivers have speed and run precise routes which allows them to get open. But what really stands out to me is their ability to CATCH the ball. If it's close, they catch it. There were a few (not many) uncharacteristic drops in the Alcoa game that I attributed to a few nerves in their first match up with Alcoa. The medium and deep patterns, of course, rely on Epperly having time to let the play develop. Over the last 2 seasons, the Warrior OL has been able to consistently give him time. Alcoa got the most pressure on Epperly this year with their outstanding athletes, particularly #1 Warren and #5. Having said that, CAK had around 300 yards passing and 2 recievers over 100 yards each.

As far as a running attack, it is obviously in the shadows of the passing game, but is capable when called upon. The primary back is quick through the hole and keeps driving after contact. He is approximately 160 lbs. The QB (6-2 200) is one of the fastest players on the team, and is very capable of breaking off big runs.

The - FIRST - -? -matchup ? K. Thought you guys were regular season,hmmm . K.

Well its been awhile since I posted so here goes everyone knows that I love meigs football yes were not good but we try question is after reading this thread there are some real dumb remarks Polk county has had a great year but fans look who they played south Pitt. You will say there 1a you should beat them you play in the weakest district in east TN I know been watching it for years even when Mcminn central was good they never got out of the first round no disrespect just fact all I heard last year after you all stomped us was how well you matched with Alcoa come on they are the cream of the crop and let me also say if cak was not paired with Alcoa in the district these would be the teams playing for the championship. Polk is a good team with good players but guys your not playing meigs or sweetwater this week. Good luck to you all pulling for a district team but fans You all need to show cak the respect they deserve

Thanks fer yer input ,N ( national) B (bullcrap) C (cryer) . Are you freaking KIDDING ME ! CAK is a great team no doubt.To hang with the Alcoa bunch is - 'nuff said. Go Polk. All I got to say. (Or did I say too much ) . (awhile ain't long ENOUGH ! )

Still doesn't make much sense, but I will take your word for content. I doubt my son could make heads or tails out of " I doubt team Alcoa is as wondering of Polk as FANS Alcoa is". I really don't wonder much about Polk at all, we won't be seeing them because they won't make it past CAK. :thumb:

There ya go,thanks fer checking back. (btw ,it was TEAM Alcoa,sigh ) jus' tryin' to hep. :roflol:

Heh heh heh. Would you git off that high ( horse) goat yer ridin' and 'splain sumpin' ? Who in the heck CARES about 1979 -b. c. OR a.d. ? Yes ,Goddard field and thier high price box burgers was something to behold. Their puffed up shove it in yer face NFL balloon was cool too. What has that got to do with football tho ? I < think we have EVERYTHING to be cocky about ! You think CAK s joking,but their knot ( s , in their stomach )

You are without a doubt an idiot. Being confident is one thing being cocky is just stupid. We have nothing to be cocky about and Derick Davis would be the first to tell you that. I want the team to win as much as anybody, but at least I'm realistic enough to know that this is THE toughest team that our team has faced. I wish the men from both teams good luck, good sportsmanship, and no injuries.

As for 1979, my point was Polk County has not been out of the 2nd round since. In fact last year was the first time to the 2nd round since my senior year. So just what makes you think we have every reason to be cocky?

Go Polk

Edited by polkalumni

You are without a doubt an idiot. Being confident is one thing being cocky is just stupid. We have nothing to be cocky about and Derick Davis would be the first to tell you that. I want the team to win as much as anybody, but at least I'm realistic enough to know that this is THE toughest team that our team has faced. I wish the men from both teams good luck, good sportsmanship, and no injuries.

As for 1979, my point was Polk County has not been out of the 2nd round since. In fact last year was the first time to the 2nd round since my senior year. So just what makes you think we have every reason to be cocky?

Go Polk

? we ? Who the heck are -we -? Surely not the teams that are playing this year.Toughest team ? Thought that was LAST week. Come on dude,lighten up,'s all in fun. ( Thanks fer the idiot comment tho,,,I try.) To think our boys are cocky is WAYYYYYY outta reality. geez,,,,,,, :idea: I < , also wish no one gits hurt (who WOULD ? ,,,DANG! ) totally outta the realm , and hammer down .

Look, here's the deal. I enjoy my friends from Alcoa and look forward to talking with them at football games. ALL need to realize something....THEY ARE CASTING THE BAIT AND YOU ARE TAKING IT!!

Dang. Some people take ALL the fun away. I'm hooked,,, ,,,,,( <bottom feeder anyhows ) A !!!!! LITTLE MORE CHUM ,,,, ,,HERE ,,, ,,,,,PA ,,,-,LEASE ! Serious is for work . :roflol: