Fairview (10-1) @ Milan (10-1)

Bulldog Fan #2

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you like?

• Fairview
    • Milan

This is all just ridiculous talk. People always count Fairview out before they have even stepped onto a field with them. Anyone who thinks Fairview would throw in the towel ever has clearly never even played them. Even in Fairview's worse years i.e 2007-2008 (4-7) they still play hard nosed every down and they always will. This situation is similar to the 2008-2009 Fairview team, they upset Camden AT Camden when everyone predicted a blowout, and then the next week they predicted CPA to beat them by 40, Fairview lost by 7 in that game. Yes I recognize a loss is still a loss, but no one should think they are going to step on the field and obliterate the Yellow Jackets without a fight. Milan is a great Football team and there is no doubt that they can do damage because they prove it year in and year out, but until that clock reaches Zeros across the board don't put Fairview out of it. If Fairview gets beat by 40 then so be it they shake hands at the end of the game and get ready to go again next year, but I doubt that will happen. And stop playing "Fairview played a lackluster schedule and that's why they have a good record" card, yes last years team played a harder schedule, but it is irrelevant because they didn't make out of the first round against a team they should've beat. Fairview has the weapons to get the Job done, and they have proved it this season. It is going to be a good game and anyone who is close should make it to the game.

Once again, if this game is within say, 10 points, I'll leave coacht forever.

Bulldogs 28-7

Dude...it was Fairview's own coach who said they (his team) were "barely capable" (paraphrasing)of even riding a bus 2 hours.....how hard is it to sit down and ride??.....much less beat the Bulldogs in Milan! Just reporting what was reported in the Tennessean who "quoted" the Fairview coach.

Yes, "Barely Capable" was said in the here and now, and he even referred to the trip to Milan But what that argument ultimately boiled down to (and the reason why he said it) was the fact that Fairview traveled 4 hours to Oakhaven last year in the first round. The point was not about "Milan" specifically, it was more or less about the fact that teams have to travel more than a good ways for these games. That's why college teams leave Friday before game day to get to their destination, even if it is only 3 hours away. Any person can lose focus on a bus ride, and I can say that from experience. And if my previous post implied that Milan was not a good team, that was my intention (Although I do believe I said that Milan has proved their worth year in and year out, which would mean that Milan is a great football team with great tradition and Fairview recognizes this) All I meant with my post is that Fairview is not just gonna curl up in a little ball because they are playing Milan. 5 years ago Fairview was in a district with Goodpasture when they were playing Alcoa year in and year out for the title, and they never once "feared" playing them. The Yellowjackets will come to play and will not just lie down for Milan to roll over. I believe it's gonna be a good football game to watch. I respect FB girl 28-7 prediction, as opposed to the "Milan is gonna beat them by 40" business.

Yes, "Barely Capable" was said in the here and now, and he even referred to the trip to Milan But what that argument ultimately boiled down to (and the reason why he said it) was the fact that Fairview traveled 4 hours to Oakhaven last year in the first round. The point was not about "Milan" specifically, it was more or less about the fact that teams have to travel more than a good ways for these games. That's why college teams leave Friday before game day to get to their destination, even if it is only 3 hours away. Any person can lose focus on a bus ride, and I can say that from experience. And if my previous post implied that Milan was not a good team, that was my intention (Although I do believe I said that Milan has proved their worth year in and year out, which would mean that Milan is a great football team with great tradition and Fairview recognizes this) All I meant with my post is that Fairview is not just gonna curl up in a little ball because they are playing Milan. 5 years ago Fairview was in a district with Goodpasture when they were playing Alcoa year in and year out for the title, and they never once "feared" playing them. The Yellowjackets will come to play and will not just lie down for Milan to roll over. I believe it's gonna be a good football game to watch. I respect FB girl 28-7 prediction, as opposed to the "Milan is gonna beat them by 40" business.

Correction, rcombs not FBGirl. My apologies.

Pennedl.........If you look at some Districts in West Tn you'll find that teams travel

1-2 hours on a regular basis. I'm sure Fairview's coach wishes he would have chosen his words

a little different. IMO Westview should be the only team to complain about travel.

If you look at all the teams in quad 4 I think the seedings are dead on and the No's

1 and 2 seeds will probaly play each other.

You'll have to forgive us Milan fans, we get a little crazy this time of year.

Johnnie Hale Stadium in November is a very difficult place for visiting teams to be

successful in. The two hour bus ride will be the least of your worries.

Have a safe trip to Milan and good luck to the Fairview team.

(Hint) if you get here early park at the Bank and walk over to the stadium, it's alot

easier to get out of town.

Milan 42

Fairview 7

Pennedl.........If you look at some Districts in West Tn you'll find that teams travel

1-2 hours on a regular basis. I'm sure Fairview's coach wishes he would have chosen his words

a little different. IMO Westview should be the only team to complain about travel.

If you look at all the teams in quad 4 I think the seedings are dead on and the No's

1 and 2 seeds will probaly play each other.

You'll have to forgive us Milan fans, we get a little crazy this time of year.

Johnnie Hale Stadium in November is a very difficult place for visiting teams to be

successful in. The two hour bus ride will be the least of your worries.

Have a safe trip to Milan and good luck to the Fairview team.

(Hint) if you get here early park at the Bank and walk over to the stadium, it's alot

easier to get out of town.

Milan 42

Fairview 7

Yeah, don't park by the field, jeez. That's a madhouse. If you do, bring a Snickers, because you're not going anywhere for a while.

What does everyone think?

Milan will kill Fairview they havent played anybody this year. Milan really has a easy schedule this year as well. Milan should've played camden this year. Milan is not as good as WV or Camden this year. Milan has dominated west Tn is this last couple of years. I see Milan losing to WV in round 3 this year but next year I have a feeling Milan will be back at state

Soooo what kind of offense does Fairview run? Wing T? Their defense? And how good is their special teams? How fast/big are they? Anyone know anything about them?

According to The Mirror Exchange, Coach Morris says that they run a balanced run/pass offense out of the spread and no huddle. Averaging 34.7pts per game. 5-3 defense that likes to stunt.

Milan 35 Fairview 7....Milan is playing great Fball right now if injuries don't hurt them..I heard they have 5 starters that are game time decisions..Milan don't need to take lightly turnovers have hurt them this year.

I Don't think Fairview have faced a team like Milan and in the playoffs its like they turn it up a couple of levels.

Good Luck to both teams GO HARD OR GO HOME

Milan will kill Fairview they havent played anybody this year. Milan really has a easy schedule this year as well. Milan should've played camden this year. Milan is not as good as WV or Camden this year. Milan has dominated west Tn is this last couple of years. I see Milan losing to WV in round 3 this year but next year I have a feeling Milan will be back at state

milan has dominated west tenn for the last 30 yrs. :thumb: