Daniel Boone @ Knox West

Booneman

????

Thought you might play for West because of your name and year. It still is a matter of opinion who has the best defense. That is kind of like saying your dad could whip my dad when were in the first grade. I am sure West has a great team or they would not be in round 2 with a 9-2 record against the competition they have played.

So instead of it being like the first grade and not knowing whose dad will whip whose, we get to find out Friday night.

GO BOONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The best West has played all year wasn't Tenn high, it was Catholic and Bearden. West would also destroy Farragut now, the team that "demoralized" them. The other team that "demoralized" them was Maryville. While they would still lose to Maryville, it would be a great game. I agree that West's defense is hands down better. Also no one for West plays both ways, not a sole. And do you really believe South's offense is similar to West's? It's not even close to being similar.

This is for Crazyman, I'm too lazy to quote. ;)

Edited by RunninRebels

Alright, so these West fans obviously don't have anything to say other than they are from Knoxville which automatically makes them better than any Upper east TN team could possibly be. So what do the Boone fans expect to see on offense this Friday? last week it was pretty much Reppart in at qb all night. Should we expect more of that or should we see a little more of Connell? Personally i would like to see a little more of that Wing T. Jeremy didn't use it much last week. I know that is hard to predict what they are going to do, considering we don't know much about this West Defense other than how amazing they are.

Edited by visionbcreality

Now you're catching on! :D

No, that was sarcasm, in reality, their is probably nothing that your defense is going to be able to do to stop the Boone Offense. the line makes big holes, sanders then runs through them. End of Story. Probably not as pretty as your offense but more effective. Boone can score quick if need be or they can take a whole quarter off the clock. And wait a minute, i know what you are thinking, they have no passing game. Wrong, they are definitely a run heavy team, but when they want to drop back and throw they can, and don't underestimate the receivers' speed, they may not be able to run a 3.5 40 like those boys from knox west but they are pretty quick.

No, that was sarcasm, in reality, their is probably nothing that your defense is going to be able to do to stop the Boone Offense. the line makes big holes, sanders then runs through them. End of Story. Probably not as pretty as your offense but more effective. Boone can score quick if need be or they can take a whole quarter off the clock. And wait a minute, i know what you are thinking, they have no passing game. Wrong, they are definitely a run heavy team, but when they want to drop back and throw they can, and don't underestimate the receivers' speed, they may not be able to run a 3.5 40 like those boys from knox west but they are pretty quick.

South stopped Boones offense. At the end of the day all that matters is the scoreboard. I hope that scoreboard shows Boone ahead at the end of 4. I'm not a rebel bashing the blazers either. I've been to more Boone games this year than any other. Boone is great. I just don't think we should put the cart before the horse. The only score that was made was close to the goal line. Nothing real explosive about it. I do like the grind game alot. Milk that clock. I think Boone can hang with West and can always pull off a win, but believe it will be far from dominant. Prove me wrong Boone, please. Get that win.

South stopped Boones offense. At the end of the day all that matters is the scoreboard. I hope that scoreboard shows Boone ahead at the end of 4. I'm not a rebel bashing the blazers either. I've been to more Boone games this year than any other. Boone is great. I just don't think we should put the cart before the horse. The only score that was made was close to the goal line. Nothing real explosive about it. I do like the grind game alot. Milk that clock. I think Boone can hang with West and can always pull off a win, but believe it will be far from dominant. Prove me wrong Boone, please. Get that win.

I agree with RebelConvert, All that matters is the scoreboard at the end of the game. He is also right about not counting your chickens before they hatch. I go to ALL of the Boone games and I fully support the BLAZERS. They have a great defense line and offense! I have Complete FAITH that they will win this game as long as they play as a team and stay FOCUSED BOONE STYLE!! and NOT go in with the big head (NO PUN INTENDED)!!! thumb[1].gif

GO BLAZERS!!! BOONE PRIDE!!!

Devrin did whatever he wanted against West on the first possession, but after that he was a ghost. The defense completely shut him down from there on out. BTW I'm just going to be very blunt about this; Daniel Boone will be shell shocked Friday.

Why is it you never answered fubs question? except- you'll see. We have a great team and we know it! Just because they shut one down dont mean they will shut us down. It sounds as if You are already celebrating on us loosing- WELL if thats the case, YOU never supported anyone in our conference!!!:popcorneater:

I understand you are not a bashing the Blazers, and appreciate your support, but South has had a lot of practice against Boone, which makes it a completely different situation if you know what i mean. Just like nobody ever expected that Boone could stop Hayden, but they finally did. Both teams did an amazing job on defense in that game. Also, I believe South saw a different side of the Boone offense than West will see. I don't know much about those Knoxville teams, but i don't think that West has seen an offense that is anywhere close to what Boone looks like. I believe that Boone will be dominant, but i believe that it will be a closer score than the game actually is. You know how it goes with the grind game. No matter how dominant Boone is the score is never really a blowout just because of this style of play. I also believe that last week against South has prepared Boone for this game. I believe that West will look about the same as South did.

Well 2 more days until Friday, and I hear good things from the Boone supporters and players. This group of seniors is really doing a great job leadership wise in keeping everyone's heads on straight and focusing on what needs to be done. They ain't ready for this ride to be over. This was how they were focused on the South week, so that is good news for the Boone camp.