Mt Juliet @ Smyrna

SCBisondad

OK. Having watched this game, I want to change my prediction of Smyrna winning a state title. I don't think they have it. They will get out coached.

MJ had no answer for the run game, yet Smyrna felt they needed to "show their playbook" and throw the ball around. Their D made very few adjustments to the MJ offense and minus a terrible call with the score 24-20, had lost momentum. Not to say this would have changed the outcome, but it certainly could have. MJ held them to a 3 and out, only to get a call to take momentum and keep the ball.

I'm a firm believer that you don't need to get "cute" with your play calling if the opponent can't stop the basics (ex. #5 off tackle). First two drives looked very easy, only to come out throwing on the 3rd posession. Why? They let MJ back in the game and didn't show the ability to put it away. Very athletic team, but I don't think they will win with athletes alone. Wouldn't be surprised if they lose next week.

What you saw tonight was team that did not play thier best and still came away with a victory. This is what good programs do. Find a way to win. You can say what you want. All of the top caliber programs at all levels have off night. You need to judge the body of work rather than one game. No it wasn't pretty but the Bulldogs dug down deep and found something that i have wondered about. Guts. Like it or not as a Bulldog fan i am proud of the sheer determination and will to win. That is whay good programs do. As far as class between the two teams. Emotions run high and a lot was at stake for both teams. So yes it got a little chippy. To say either team did not play with class is just plain wrong. As for MJ your running back (I believe #27) was so fast. I heard that he was fast but didn't how fast. Got to the corner faster than any running back we have seen all year. Your QB and #9 great duo. #9 is a beast. Your offensive pace gave us fits all night. As for the Bulldogs....great win. Good job to Flemming. Came in a got the job done in a tough situation with Bryson going out. Enjoy the win and get ready for Blackman. Come to work at Monday's practice. Go Dawgs!!!

What you saw tonight was team that did not play thier best and still came away with a victory. This is what good programs do. Find a way to win. You can say what you want. All of the top caliber programs at all levels have off night. You need to judge the body of work rather than one game. No it wasn't pretty but the Bulldogs dug down deep and found something that i have wondered about. Guts. Like it or not as a Bulldog fan i am proud of the sheer determination and will to win. That is whay good programs do. As far as class between the two teams. Emotions run high and a lot was at stake for both teams. So yes it got a little chippy. To say either team did not play with class is just plain wrong. As for MJ your running back (I believe #27) was so fast. I heard that he was fast but didn't how fast. Got to the corner faster than any running back we have seen all year. Your QB and #9 great duo. #9 is a beast. Your offensive pace gave us fits all night. As for the Bulldogs....great win. Good job to Flemming. Came in a got the job done in a tough situation with Bryson going out. Enjoy the win and get ready for Blackman. Come to work at Monday's practice. Go Dawgs!!!

what happened to Bryson?

Sinkerballer may be a new screen name but by no means is it my first pair of shoes on CoachT. In closing I would like to say that I have no ill will towards any players on Smynra's team .....I hope the best team wins......Why did no one respond to my post on "how to act?" Again been watching Smyrna fans for 15 years and they have no class, never will have class, a bunch of Rednecks making cars for the Japs.

Not bad for a bunch of rednecks!!!!!