Pearl Cohn @ Smith Co

DIRTYDIME

As alumni of pearl cohn..i think this team is much better than last year..they have beaten the teams they were suppose to beat..but i must say i am dissapointed when it comes to big games ie. maplewood, mba..if the firebirds want to beat a tough SC team..they will have to move the ball up the field and play mistake free football..now not to say brunntte teams cant do this..they played teams like this before in the 2006 and 2007 playoff runs..but this is a new team and i think last year was a wake up call for pearl cohn..they wer hit in the mouth and didnt know what happen..they know what to expect from the HOLE the team and the atomsphere..i expect it to be a much better game than last year.. Good luck to both teams

Good luck tonight Owls. We'll be...errr...a few of us will be pulling for you on the Creekbank. :D

The Owls defense gets it done once again! :thumb:

Probably more like a couple. :D Thanks for the support 7...this will be a good one to see. If SC plays up to their capability...I will be happy either way.

As alumni of pearl cohn..i think this team is much better than last year..they have beaten the teams they were suppose to beat..but i must say i am dissapointed when it comes to big games ie. maplewood, mba..if the firebirds want to beat a tough SC team..they will have to move the ball up the field and play mistake free football..now not to say brunntte teams cant do this..they played teams like this before in the 2006 and 2007 playoff runs..but this is a new team and i think last year was a wake up call for pearl cohn..they wer hit in the mouth and didnt know what happen..they know what to expect from the HOLE the team and the atomsphere..i expect it to be a much better game than last year.. Good luck to both teams

PC truly has a very good football team. They bring more talent to the "Hole" than we have seen since Alcoa. They have 5/6 D1 players, several other TSU, TN Tech, Austin Peay type players. PC has a dangerous backfield: bigger, stronger and faster QB than we saw last week, two powerful and fast backs, one of the Woodmore mold and the other better than #3 we saw last week. Receiveras are very fast with size, one has already committed to Duke and they all can run exellent routes. We saw a very good defense last week, but PC is better. Will run the same defense that EL ran last week. Man on receivers with 7/8 in the box. Last but not least is their marching band. All I can say is you have to see them - I can't describe them. Now, can SC beat PC? Sure we can. Our players know the challenge ahead - we know that we can't make the mistakes we made last week and expect to win. We have to play the type game the coaches have prepared the Owls to play. Dozen, you and the rest of fans have a safe trip to the HOLE. If you need directions let us know. GO OWLS!!!!

Good post. We understand the challenge.But we feel we are better than last year also. Have a safe trip to the hole!

PC truly has a very good football team. They bring more talent to the "Hole" than we have seen since Alcoa. They have 5/6 D1 players, several other TSU, TN Tech, Austin Peay type players. PC has a dangerous backfield: bigger, stronger and faster QB than we saw last week, two powerful and fast backs, one of the Woodmore mold and the other better than #3 we saw last week. Receiveras are very fast with size, one has already committed to Duke and they all can run exellent routes. We saw a very good defense last week, but PC is better. Will run the same defense that EL ran last week. Man on receivers with 7/8 in the box. Last but not least is their marching band. All I can say is you have to see them - I can't describe them. Now, can SC beat PC? Sure we can. Our players know the challenge ahead - we know that we can't make the mistakes we made last week and expect to win. We have to play the type game the coaches have prepared the Owls to play. Dozen, you and the rest of fans have a safe trip to the HOLE. If you need directions let us know. GO OWLS!!!!

That kinda says it all. PC is going to be a challenge for our small...but slow guys. :D I think we have our hands full...for sure. It's not the 1st time that's happened. Our kids will be well prepared. On a side note...it's impressive for PC's kid to be committed to Duke. He must be a great young man & very strong academically to be recruited by them. Kudos for him.

That kinda says it all. PC is going to be a challenge for our small...but slow guys. :D I think we have our hands full...for sure. It's not the 1st time that's happened. Our kids will be well prepared. On a side note...it's impressive for PC's kid to be committed to Duke. He must be a great young man & very strong academically to be recruited by them. Kudos for him.

You are correct Antwan, Duke, also a private school, and Vandrbilt have practically the same entrance requirements. It takes about 28 or higher on the ACT and the SAT is in the same ratio. Glad to see this young man taking academics/sports to a higher level.