Giles County Coach

Clay

OK, we have been hearing the rumor for years that OC is going to Lincoln Co. Well Coach T at Lincoln Co has finally stepped down leaving the coaching vacancy.

OC's boy will not be playing next year as he is graduating. How's that for timing?

I have heard it is a done deal...rumor....I do not know for a fact??? I also hear that the only issue is that OC is trying to get all of his assistants to go with him but Lincoln Co does not want/need all of them. The story is he is going after Christmas.

I do not have any reliable sources to back any of these accusations. They are all just rumors that we have heard for the last few years. OC has done a tremendous job for our program and for our community. I would hate to see him go.

I don't want him to go either but he's gone,gone,gone.Steve Pierce hasn't got enough money

For him this time.Sorry Bill Wade I know you don't want to talk about it NOW.

Well thanks a lot clay see what you started, I expected more from a Yankee living in this part of the country. I say we send OC off with a bang and show the next coach what we have coming up for the next several years, since the next coach is probably already on the sidelines. GO CATS!!!

OK, we have been hearing the rumor for years that OC is going to Lincoln Co. Well Coach T at Lincoln Co has finally stepped down leaving the coaching vacancy.

OC's boy will not be playing next year as he is graduating. How's that for timing?

I have heard it is a done deal...rumor....I do not know for a fact??? I also hear that the only issue is that OC is trying to get all of his assistants to go with him but Lincoln Co does not want/need all of them. The story is he is going after Christmas.

I do not have any reliable sources to back any of these accusations. They are all just rumors that we have heard for the last few years. OC has done a tremendous job for our program and for our community. I would hate to see him go.

no class.bobcats are trying to repeat as state champs,and your bringing up this crap.who you pulling for? you can't be for the cats!

no class.bobcats are trying to repeat as state champs,and your bringing up this crap.who you pulling for? you can't be for the cats!

I am a huge Bobcat Fan. I live in GC, my kids attend GCHS. I apologize if this looks bad.....it wasn't intended to be. I am a fan that hopes OC does not go anywhere. I get on Coach T this morning and the front page has the top and largest article about the Lincoln Co coach stepping down. My kids come home from school talking about how it's all over school. People talking about it in town. How does this make me not a fan. I want to know if it is true or not. Do you think it is going to make anyone play better or worse? Coaches retire all the time, coaches leave all of the time...many make anouncements prior to leaving. How many times you see a team go into a bowl game knowing the coach is leaving and they kick the snot out of the other team. Tell me how asking makes me not a fan.....tell me someone who has NOT heard the rumors? I just asked about it, my bad.

How about you don't reply to the thread and let it roll off.

OK had a long talk with former Franklin Page coach JD tonight and watched "The Boys of Fall" video and I think I have narrowed my choices down to 3. Now I just have to get Steve Pierce to get the money right and Bill Wade to talk about it and we might have found a coach. That is if OC decides to go.

Yep ol JD knows what its all about for sure. Had some interesting talks with JD myself. Its amazing what solutions he comes up with on such short notice. I understand that his pay has increased considerably in these economic times. Only problem is the more time you spend talking with him the less you remember. Go figure. :blink: