All-State

ballbasher30

FInally.

Here is the All-State Team......

http://rise.espn.go.com/girls-soccer/articles/honors/all-americans/10-Fall-State-by-State.aspx?pursuit=GirlsSoccer

ESPN Rise has posted their top team for each state. Nine girls are selected for TN representing all four High School divisions. Here is Tennessee:

STATE-BY-STATE TOP PLAYERS

The following list of state-by-state top players from the fall season was compiled by ESPN RISE based on recommendations from coaches and media members, in addition to observations by ESPN RISE soccer editor Sheldon Shealer. Players are listed with high school (city, state), grade in school and college signing/commitment, if available. From the below list, 36 players will be named to the ESPN RISE Fall All-America team. Players from the New England Prep School League are listed as part of an independent state. Schools from the league are not eligible for POWERADE FAB 50 consideration due to the league's use of post-grad players, however, non-P.G. players are eligible to make the ESPN RISE All-America team.

Tennessee

F: Bethany Bunker, St. Agnes Academy (Memphis, Tenn.), Jr.

F: Cailin Harris, Pope John Paul II (Hendersonville, Tenn.), Jr.

F: Olivia Harrison, Houston (Germantown, Tenn.), Jr.

GK: Rose Hull, Ravenwood (Brentwood, Tenn.), Jr.

D: Gracie Irby, Germantown (Germantown, Tenn.), Jr.

MF: Kat Nigro, Livingston Academy (Livingston, Tenn.), Sr., North Carolina

D: Ashley Reveiz, Farragut (Knoxville, Tenn.), Sr.

F: Samantha Turner, Bearden (Knoxville, Tenn.), Sr.

F: Chesney White, Franklin (Franklin, Tenn.), Jr.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FInally.

Here is the All-State Team......

http://rise.espn.go.com/girls-soccer/articles/honors/all-americans/10-Fall-State-by-State.aspx?pursuit=GirlsSoccer

ESPN Rise has posted their top team for each state. Nine girls are selected for TN representing all four High School divisions. Here is Tennessee:

STATE-BY-STATE TOP PLAYERS

The following list of state-by-state top players from the fall season was compiled by ESPN RISE based on recommendations from coaches and media members, in addition to observations by ESPN RISE soccer editor Sheldon Shealer. Players are listed with high school (city, state), grade in school and college signing/commitment, if available. From the below list, 36 players will be named to the ESPN RISE Fall All-America team. Players from the New England Prep School League are listed as part of an independent state. Schools from the league are not eligible for POWERADE FAB 50 consideration due to the league's use of post-grad players, however, non-P.G. players are eligible to make the ESPN RISE All-America team.

Tennessee

Someone should look into starting up girls soccer in the Chattanooga area.

Someone should look into starting up girls soccer in the Chattanooga area.

more politically motivated selections that very few coaches were aware off. Whats really funny is if these girls were so good, why are they not getting quaility college offers? What happened to CAK girls, did they get missed, or did they not have enough pull?

more politically motivated selections that very few coaches were aware off. Whats really funny is if these girls were so good, why are they not getting quaility college offers? What happened to CAK girls, did they get missed, or did they not have enough pull?

You care to elaborate? I'd like to to comment but before I put my foot in my mouth, I'd like to give you the honor to do so first

You care to elaborate? I'd like to to comment but before I put my foot in my mouth, I'd like to give you the honor to do so first

ok, I bet if you take a quick poll, the number of HS coaches that were aware of this process can be counted on one hand. I have seen too often were this stuff is kept amongst a select goup, nothing has changed in the last ten years. Secondly, take a look of the players that made the list. One of them is a quality soccer player. The state received 2 all americans for the first time in 20 years. Who received the second one, case in point. Thirdly, I believe we know of at least ten players that rank higher than the list with the one exception. I am sorry, but nothing ever changes in this state. I guess I now I have put my foot in the mouth, but I never did mentioned names, so maybe it is only the toes.

ok, I bet if you take a quick poll, the number of HS coaches that were aware of this process can be counted on one hand. I have seen too often were this stuff is kept amongst a select goup, nothing has changed in the last ten years. Secondly, take a look of the players that made the list. One of them is a quality soccer player. The state received 2 all americans for the first time in 20 years. Who received the second one, case in point. Thirdly, I believe we know of at least ten players that rank higher than the list with the one exception. I am sorry, but nothing ever changes in this state. I guess I now I have put my foot in the mouth, but I never did mentioned names, so maybe it is only the toes.

I find your quote that "one of them is a quality soccer player" is a little strong. When you mean quality player are you saying "national team player level" ...if not, what level? ...if there are 10 players better than the list in east TN then start naming them...i do know of 2 from "east TN" that should be on the list....let's review the list below and their colleges.....I know there are many quality players across the state but I don't think the list is as "bad" as you think...maybe this is just an East TN thing...I can speak more to the middle and west....

Bethany Bunker committed to Ole Miss

Cailin Harris - Kentucky

Olivia Harrison - Ole Miss

Rose Hull - Fordham ( i think)

Gracie Irby - Miss St

Kat Nigro - North Carolina

Ashley Reveiz - ??

Samantha Turner - ??

Chesney White - ???

Basically, the first six girls listed all committed to power conference Div I schools...Rose didn't committ to power conference but is a great keeper and I'm sure she had other offers.

So basically you are saying that 5 of the 6 girls above are not quality players that have verballed??

I admit I know of two girls through club soccer in East Tn that should be on this list...IMHO...but i'm not going to say who...i have no idea how this list is put together. Usually there is politics in everything so i don't doubt that either....but to say the kids are not quality players and yet they have verballed to Div I schools kinda of blows my mind.....

I find your quote that "one of them is a quality soccer player" is a little strong. When you mean quality player are you saying "national team player level" ...if not, what level? ...if there are 10 players better than the list in east TN then start naming them...i do know of 2 from "east TN" that should be on the list....let's review the list below and their colleges.....I know there are many quality players across the state but I don't think the list is as "bad" as you think...maybe this is just an East TN thing...I can speak more to the middle and west....

Bethany Bunker committed to Ole Miss

Cailin Harris - Kentucky

Olivia Harrison - Ole Miss

Rose Hull - Fordham ( i think)

Gracie Irby - Miss St

Kat Nigro - North Carolina

Ashley Reveiz - ??

Samantha Turner - ??

Chesney White - ???

Basically, the first six girls listed all committed to power conference Div I schools...Rose didn't committ to power conference but is a great keeper and I'm sure she had other offers.

So basically you are saying that 5 of the 6 girls above are not quality players that have verballed??

I admit I know of two girls through club soccer in East Tn that should be on this list...IMHO...but i'm not going to say who...i have no idea how this list is put together. Usually there is politics in everything so i don't doubt that either....but to say the kids are not quality players and yet they have verballed to Div I schools kinda of blows my mind.....

Ashley Reveiz - Middle Tennessee State University

RE Quick Poll - You can likely blame this on the coaches who choose not to participate. If they are not engaged, keeping up with their efforts off the field, participating in polls, etc, that really sounds like a local issue you need to take up with your coach or athletic director.

RE Players on the list - I think the folks above may have addressed that point all ready.

RE All Americans - Your data is wayyyyyy off. When you look at our honorees, we typically place no less than two, sometimes as many as four as All-American/Scholar All-American.

RE - Who received the second one? not really sure what your saying here.

RE - Ten better players? Name them (JK)

Yes, it is a heated discussion. Everyone wants their player in the group. Something we all need to keep in the back of our minds is, this is high school not club. How did the players perform, individually on the field during high school ball. All too often upper classman seem to feel a right of entitlement and a little less effort as they have made their commitment last February. Underclassman are still striving for a position, they must fight to stay in the game and they are still trying to make an impression on college coaches. Bottom line, sometimes the seniors get skunked. Lesson learned.

Where are those 10 players "ranked higher than the list" playing in college??? It might help get your toes of you mouth or be cause for full insertion.

It's time for someone to start a new tread with this year's college commitments. Might as well let this be the catalyst.