TSSAA changes?

macbeth

Does anyone anticipate any changes by TSSAA when they gather this month? Will any schools be changing classification because of the 20% enrollment increase/decrease, will any schools move to new districts, how many new schools are opening that may change districts? Not necessarily looking for comments concerning playoffs because I think they HAVE to change the system again. It is not good this year. Inquiring minds want to know?????????????

Have heard that East Hamilton will be a 5A playoff team and Signal will replace them in District 6-AA and playing a 4A playoff

EH will be staying they didn’t have a 20% gain. However Signal Mountain is going to skip 3A and move to 4A where they will most likely be in 2 years anyway. It looks like SM will play in district 7-AA but in out of district games we will play Tyner, EH, Polk County and South Pitt plus one additional team to be named later.

EH had 770 in 2009 in grade 9-up according to the Hamilton County Dept of Education. I'm not sure where the TSSAA got their 950 total. If that was an estimate before classes began then they should use the actual total since it was available a year ago. That's clearly a 20 percent rise, maybe their 1050 or so total isn't enough. I don't see how with another full class entering and what is probably a pretty small senior class exiting, they won't be at least a couple hundred larger next year.

Brainerd looks to have dropped down to a 3A playoff level but their percentage drop wasn't enough. Hixson is already at a sufficiently low enough number but I've read they move up to 4A playoffs on their own.

Edited by Indian