Quarterback Numbers

Gocart

Senior Noah Chandler, first-year quarterback for Jackson Christian, has continued to post strong numbers this season yet is still flying under the radar. By some estimates his numbers are the best in all of Tennessee High School Football.

To date he has 2700 yards passing and 24 passing touchdowns, and 900 yards rushing and 14 rushing touchdowns, for a total of 38 touchdowns. These are the numbers after 11 games, 8 of which were played against DII A teams. The three remaining games were against DI opponents Milan, Crockett County, and Trinity Christian Academy.

I contend that these numbers warrant some recognition. However, I have not done the research - how do these numbers compare to the Mr. Football finalists this year and for the past few years?

Senior Noah Chandler, first-year quarterback for Jackson Christian, has continued to post strong numbers this season yet is still flying under the radar. By some estimates his numbers are the best in all of Tennessee High School Football.

To date he has 2700 yards passing and 24 passing touchdowns, and 900 yards rushing and 14 rushing touchdowns, for a total of 38 touchdowns. These are the numbers after 11 games, 8 of which were played against DII A teams. The three remaining games were against DI opponents Milan, Crockett County, and Trinity Christian Academy.

I contend that these numbers warrant some recognition. However, I have not done the research - how do these numbers compare to the Mr. Football finalists this year and for the past few years?

I was really impressed with Noah as a baseball player. I saw him at last year's state championship and could tell he would be a heck of a football player. Looks like he's had a great season... good luck to JCS this week against ECS!

They compare most favorably. I took a look at unapproved website. Justin Williams of DA is a proven stud RB who had over 1,100 yards in the 7 games that had stats reported. I don't know about the other games and I think the SAS game was a forfeit? Either way, the kid has the name recognition and past stats as well that I'd say vindicate him to go along with another great year, obviously.

Matt Brown of Harding had over 1,000 yds receiving and 12 TDs on a good but still very young Harding team.

I'm sure you know about Jake Overbey at USJ. Some thing like 40 TDs b/w passing and running and 2,500 total yards...plus they've had a great year so far with only the St. George's game as a blemish.

I can't tell you why he didn't make the finals. Honestly, the two JCS WRs have a beef, too. Maybe they split votes. Maybe the 14 picks for Noah vs. only 5 for Jake set them apart. Maybe USJ having the better record and team set them apart? Maybe Justin being a RB got him a nod over another QB. There's really no telling. No way to know how the voters decided. I bet it was close and he just missed out.

However you slice it, the kid had a phenomenally great season. He looks as deserving as the others to me though they all 3 look very deserving, too. I know Webb and DCA had great seasons as well as SGIS which makes me wonder if they had a back that might be deserving, too. However it shakes out, Noah has had a season to remember. Check that, is HAVING a season to remember. Good luck to the Eagles tonight. I feel very confident in saying there will be victorious Eagles in the ECS/JCS game tonight.