Smyrna vs. Blackman

seantn_4

To all its been fun.

I will not make the game tomorrow as i just received a phone call that my grand dad died suddenly and i have to go to Mississippi.

Have a fun game and i hope to hear about it.

See you guys in a few days

Family first ALWAYS.

You have my sincere condolences. Will be praying for your Grandfather and your family during this time of loss.

Mr Donkey

I am shocked that you value milo's opinion but not mine. Although milo and I are GREAT friends, I have been following the Bulldogs alot longer. I agree with milo that the I Train gets his yards Friday night, but not to the tune of 250-300. He is the real deal! Nicer cut backs than anyone I have ever seen play! And I sincerly mean that. But the facts are clear we have some defenders who are really fast and can lay the wood and stop the run. And if he does run wild I'll eat the crow right along side milo! So what do YOU think the over/under should be set at, he is your tailback.

Mr Donkey

I am shocked that you value milo's opinion but not mine. Although milo and I are GREAT friends, I have been following the Bulldogs alot longer. I agree with milo that the I Train gets his yards Friday night, but not to the tune of 250-300. He is the real deal! Nicer cut backs than anyone I have ever seen play! And I sincerly mean that. But the facts are clear we have some defenders who are really fast and can lay the wood and stop the run. And if he does run wild I'll eat the crow right along side milo! So what do YOU think the over/under should be set at, he is your tailback.

Ok, I think that the Dogs will be trying to focus on the I-train. I agree with the Dogs quick/fast "D" he should be held to less than those 250-330 yard games. But being a Blaze Donkey, I predict more of an over/under of 185 yards. While I firmly believe that Blackman is not a "One trick poney" of a team, #4 getting his yard will help Blackman's cause.

Now what will the Smyrna's #5 over/under be? Or better asked play or not? If playing how close to 100%. I know that Smyrna has others players, weapons as well. But what effect to the game plan will this present?

No arguments here. I think everboby knows that this years brackets were terrible. I just think its funny how the other Rutherford county school posters keep ragging Riverdale posters for being in the Quad their in.

Until the TSSAA can come up with a worse plan, we are stuck with this one.

This line deserves the message board hall of fame, maybe the best 1 liner I have ever read on coacht! :popcorneater:

I just read that Blackman has only outrushed Smyrna on the season by 416yds. 3,003 to 2,587. Is this correct? Also, that Riverdale has rushed for 3,929. I find this hard to believe.

It doesnt matter how many yards they got during the season. what matters is how many yards they got against Smyrna ! I dont think Mathers will break the centry mark. Smyrna's D is way better than when we faced Blackman the first time. And when we contain Mathers the game will be over.... :unsure:

The key to this game in my opinion is can blackman's offensive line actually slow down Smyrna's defensive line. This is where we were killed in the 1st game. We were totally dominated at the line of scrimmage which put pressure on a young quarterback in his 1st big game causing him to have a bad game therefore there was no passing game which allowed Smyrna to focus 100% on stopping the run. IF our line has improved enough to give Strickland some time when he passes and give Mathers a little bit of room when he receives the ball then we have a chance. If not, it will be similar to last game. On the other side of the ball, I think it will be pretty similar to the 1st game. Smyrna will score somewhere around 20 points. Can Blackman score more than that? IF so, there's a chance for the upset.

It doesnt matter how many yards they got during the season. what matters is how many yards they got against Smyrna ! I dont think Mathers will break the centry mark. Smyrna's D is way better than when we faced Blackman the first time. And when we contain Mathers the game will be over.... :unsure:

I hate to rain on your parade, but Blackman found out that their QB could do more than just hand off to Mathers. He can pass too and is getting better each game so your d ( which is impressive) will have to stop both.

Good luck to both teams.