Pearl Cohn at Goodpasture

NEEDFORSPEED

Goodpasture didn't out play the firebirds, well in a sense they did. GP blocked a punt recovered on the 1 easy touchdown. GP blocked another punt recovered on the 10 easy touchdown. Then another recovered on the 35, no score. The play of the game may have came when PC receiver fumbled the ball the first play of the second half and the GP player picked it up and ran for about 50 yds and scored. PC had alot of drop balls many key situations, so I guess GP did out play PC. In the playoffs the better team sometimes lose.....

How many turnovers did both teams have? Sounds like GP got some short fields.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the playoffs the better team sometimes lose.....

Seems to me that Goodpastures defense was too much for Pearl-Cohn to handle. Two blocked punts, fumble recovery for a TD. I had Pearl-Cohn picked but I haven't seen either team play this year. How is Pearl-Cohn better than Goodpasture?

PC played together as well, when you recover blocked punts on the 1,9,35yd line its very easy to score. PC receiver drops the ball and GP picks it up and runs for 50+yds its pretty much not going the way that you plan. GP only drove the length of the field for 1 score, really 2 special teams scores and that fumble recovery for a touchdown. Good game to GP thats all I can say....How was GP defense to much for PC to handle they had 21pts and over 250yds of offense?

Edited by DIRTYDIME

PC played together as well, when you recover blocked punts on the 1,9,35yd line its very easy to score. PC receiver drops the ball and GP picks it up and runs for 50+yds its pretty much not going the way that you plan. GP only drove the length of the field for 1 score, really 2 special teams scores and that fumble recovery for a touchdown. Good game to GP thats all I can say....How was GP defense to much for PC to handle they had 21pts and over 250yds of offense?

Dirtydime - Can GP be beat? Sounds like you guys had some bad breaks last night. Guessing GP still runs the wing t?

Dirtydime - Can GP be beat? Sounds like you guys had some bad breaks last night. Guessing GP still runs the wing t?

Yes they can be beat, if you don't beat yourself first. They still run the wing-t just not as well as they have in the past. I haven't seen you all play so I can't say what they will do against you. If you take care of the ball and stop that jet sweep from an unbalance formation you beat them....Man this one was tough to swallow...7 turn overs

Yes they can be beat, if you don't beat yourself first. They still run the wing-t just not as well as they have in the past. I haven't seen you all play so I can't say what they will do against you. If you take care of the ball and stop that jet sweep from an unbalance formation you beat them....Man this one was tough to swallow...7 turn overs

I hear ya, hard to beat anybody with seven giveaways!! Hard to believe it was as close as the final. We have played the wing T offense for the last 4 weeks so we at least got an idea. The jet sweep is impressive when they have the athletes to pull it off. Thanks for the info.