For those who don't know!

dannyq

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually if Whitehaven wins, they will be hosting a semifinal game regardless of who wins between Smyrna & Blackman. The higher seed will host all games but if two teams are seeded the same, in even numbered years (2010) the team at the bottom of the bracket will host. Only way Smyrna or Blackman host is if Germantown wins Friday night.

Actually if Whitehaven wins, they will be hosting a semifinal game regardless of who wins between Smyrna & Blackman. The higher seed will host all games but if two teams are seeded the same, in even numbered years (2010) the team at the bottom of the bracket will host. Only way Smyrna or Blackman host is if Germantown wins Friday night.

He said white haven was number 5 over all...Smyrna is a number 1 seed and ranked 3rd in the state behind Maryville and Ensworth

This is straight from the TSSAA website:

In Division I, the higher seeded team shall be the host school. If the two schools are the same seed, in odd-numbered years the top team in each bracket shall be the host team. In even-numbered years the bottom team in each bracket shall be the host team.

It doesn't say anything about overall seeding.

This is straight from the TSSAA website:

In Division I, the higher seeded team shall be the host school. If the two schools are the same seed, in odd-numbered years the top team in each bracket shall be the host team. In even-numbered years the bottom team in each bracket shall be the host team.

It doesn't say anything about overall seeding.

Oh whiteHaven is a number 1 seed? that i didnt know i thought they were the 2 seed

To my understanding everything changed this year and they do an overall seeding based on the tssaa formula. Whitehaven was hurt by Melrose and Fairley being down this year.

well now you get homefield advantage against us or blackman...though being away doesnt really effect our teams but home might help yours..idk how you play home vs away

Thanks seantn 4. Whitehaven has a solid defense led by Terry Redden and Charles Harris. The secondary is young but very tallented.I feel our front seven is the best in Tennessee but my opinion is a little bias. We have two backs a Senior and a Sophmore who gets most of the carries. QB can pass it pretty good and has a solid group of recievers to throw it too. Gotta get pass our Nemesis Germantown first tho. Looking foward to letting the rest of the state see what we can do.

A little stat to consider....As talented over the years as Whitehaven has been, they have never gotten past a quarter-final game...EVER!!! The decisions made over the years from the sidelines has been the reason why. I don't have any reason to believe this year will be any different! Coaching does make a difference!!!!

A little stat to consider....As talented over the years as Whitehaven has been, they have never gotten past a quarter-final game...EVER!!! The decisions made over the years from the sidelines has been the reason why. I don't have any reason to believe this year will be any different! Coaching does make a difference!!!!

Picking G-Town?