jackson northside at ridgeway

big_mike0307

Going to be a close game ..played in Memphis ..Ridgeway I suppose..one cant tell about Memphis schools as some have their own..most dont..

Scalp em NS !!!!

Ridgeway 34 -- Jackson North Side 20

---------------------------------------------------

Ridgeway does NOT have its own football field. All their HOME games are played @ Halle Stadium.

Halle is located in Memphis on Mount Moriah Road @ Mendenhall Rd.... I don't know the actual address to the stadium but it's located on the SAME grounds as the Mount Moriah Police Precinct (for those of you who need to plug an address into a GPS or Mapquest):

2602 Mount Moriah Rd. Memphis, TN 38115

Edited by TraderB

Ridgeway does NOT have its own football field. All their HOME games are played @ Halle Stadium.

Halle is located in Memphis on Mount Moriah Road @ Mendenhall Rd.... I don't know the actual address to the stadium but it's located on the SAME grounds as the Mount Moriah Police Precinct (for those of you who need to plug an address into a GPS or Mapquest):

Thanks for the address and I hope to see a good game I like southside but because we didn't make the playlets I got to pull for the cross town team

Visionaire,

Please post your FINAL SCORE or SCORE-DIFFERENTIAL prediction for this matchup of undefeateds... Thanks. :thumb:

As you saw earlier in this thread, I'm predicting a resounding Ridgeway victory!

Based on the comments that you posted about Ridgeway (last week), I gather that you believe that JNS will defeat RW.

(here is a copy-n-paste of those comments):

Got to check out R'way Friday night [vs Mphs East]...No way they are the no. 1 team in 5a. Atrocious kicking game will get them beat in the quarter-finals...Punting is non-existent...R'way will go on fourth down everytime unless they are in the shadow of their own goalposts (not sure after they punt, they won't still be in the shadow!) Had several x pts blocked, (field goals will be out of the question) and ko's are something to behold with the smash squib!! Very athletic bunch with talented qb and versatile, quick tb. Defensively JNS will put them to the test. R'way should win this Friday..and the ugly truth will rear it's ugly head and that is the "lack of a kicking game will be another Memphis City teams downfall". Sorry I got ahead of myself, but you don't need a great "vision" to see the handwriting on the wall.

-- Visionaire

Visionaire,

Please post your FINAL SCORE or SCORE-DIFFERENTIAL prediction for this matchup of undefeateds... Thanks. :thumb:

As you saw earlier in this thread, I'm predicting a resounding Ridgeway victory!

Based on the comments that you posted about Ridgeway (last week), I gather that you believe that JNS will defeat RW.

(here is a copy-n-paste of those comments):

Alright..Here goes!!!

Ridgeway has a very talented qb and not one but two outstanding tb's. Still, the problem exists in the kicking game. Now as for predicting a score, I don't know if NS is going to line up in two te's as they did with Dyer or go with their spread. R;way loaded the box against Hardin when they showed two tight and literally dared Hardin to throw..(They did for 2 quick tds). Nevertheless, I will repeat myself..the lack of a solid kidking game will be the difference (scoring and field position) and will favor the Indians. With all that in mind....JNS 28 - R'way 19

TraderB thanks, thats where I assummed they would play..been there several times for football games rural West Tn teams were playing..

NS by 7- 10 if officating is fair as in most cases sadly its not..

I think Ridgeway wins. They are too powerful in too many places. They have played some tough opponents in Memphis and beat all of them. I dont know much about JNS but I do know Ridgeway has scratched and clawed out some big wins and really came out of nowhere. My team is done this year but I will be at this one Friday night. Should be interesting.

So let me get this straight.......the KICKER is going to hold back Ridgeway's potent offense? And the KICKER is going to have an effect on how the defense that has performed remarkably all year plays? I don't think so. Ridgeway wins this one by at least 10-14.

The kicker and punter help dictate field position. You have a kicking game and the opponent doesn't, you get short fields and they get long fields..This does make quite a difference. Also, NS doesn't come in 12-0 because they can't score or play defense. I'm pulling for R'way..I just formulated and expressed my opinion. We'll see how it plays out!

Alright..Here goes!!!

Ridgeway has a very talented qb and not one but two outstanding tb's. Still, the problem exists in the kicking game. Now as for predicting a score, I don't know if NS is going to line up in two te's as they did with Dyer or go with their spread. R;way loaded the box against Hardin when they showed two tight and literally dared Hardin to throw..(They did for 2 quick tds). Nevertheless, I will repeat myself..the lack of a solid kidking game will be the difference (scoring and field position) and will favor the Indians. With all that in mind....JNS 28 - R'way 19

Visionaire, I completely understand where u r coming from, but as u said (see bolded/underlined statement) Walton and Dawson are something serious... #1 Dawson had three carries for 72 yards and 2 TDs last week... Visionaire, do u understand how crazy that is?!?!? Walton is the Mr. Football candidate but I dare say Dawson is a better athlete. Not better like he should get the ball more, but better in the fact that once he (Dawson) finally touches the football in the 2nd half he is a HOUSE CALL WAITING TO HAPPEN!!!

I would like to do a small compare and contrast real quick. Now I was a youngster when Melrose went to 3 str8 State Championship games in 90s (96-98). Now I am not saying that Ridgeway will be doin that, but I do want to compare the FACT that Melrose had No PAT game (they always went for 2); I doubt that they had a great punter, but what they did do was win the State 2 out 3 years(96 and 98) with the lack of a kicking game. I think Ridgeway's D along with that duo of Running backs can compensate for their lack of kicking, but we will know around 10 pm Friday. :thumb:

I got Ridgeway by two scores. Jackson Northside had to battle a tough Dyer team to a close win last week, while Ridgeway smashed Hardin in a little bit more impressive manner than Northside did a few weeks earlier. This will be a close game with big plays coming from both offenses. Game of the Year right here...