Help The T$$AA

Lost Old Dad

The TSSAA is not funded by tax dollars, at least not any that I'm aware. It is funded by each school paying a membership fee and money from the different tournaments they hold, such as football playoffs and basketball tournaments. The Legislative Council and Board of Control are employed by their respective school districts, not the TSSAA.

And where does said monies come from if it not tax dollars? Unless the TSSAA is involved in somin we don't know bout. TSSAA is a governing body and like any governing body produces nothing but consumes and realocates resources in the form of programs after it takes its commission. :popcorneater:

Edited by mykidsdad

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The TSSAA is not funded by tax dollars, at least not any that I'm aware. It is funded by each school paying a membership fee and money from the different tournaments they hold, such as football playoffs and basketball tournaments. The Legislative Council and Board of Control are employed by their respective school districts, not the TSSAA.

Membership Fee-TAX DOLLARS!

And which respective school districts employ the top two folks at the T$$AA and the secretary's there?

'Clint' I hate to tell you but you are flogging a dead horse in this one.

Membership fees = gate receipts. Mike, I would love to buy you a coffee or breakfast the next time I'm close to your home and continue this discussion. The folks who work at the TSSAA office are hired and fired by the Board of Control. These are principals and assistant principals at schools in Tennessee, I'll just keep on flogging.

Membership Fee-TAX DOLLARS!

And which respective school districts employ the top two folks at the T$$AA and the secretary's there?

'Clint' I hate to tell you but you are flogging a dead horse in this one.

Mike, I hate to tell ya. Sounds like your flogging a dead horse with this one! :popcorneater:

Edited by mykidsdad

The only way to get rid of the TSSAA is a secession by every school. Tough sell, maybe getting easier daily. However you would need a new governing body to provide the insurance (which is a really big deal financailly, especially for Football) and state championship tournaments for each sport. The key would be to have business people only run the business and write the bylaws such that Head coaches of respective sports write the rules, playoff formats, ect. for each sport. Thus avoiding the good ole boy dilrods, who are wannabe athletes and have no idea what they are doing as we are currently experiencing. The only place I know of for sure that did it is TX, they have two completely different governing bodies one for public schools and one for privates. I have absolutely no idea how that came about why or how they are set up.

Just a thought, because without the schools there is no TSSAA.

Edited by Bucksfan

Clint Abbott is correct:

1. Members of the Legislative council and Board of Control are school employees who are elected to these (I believe) non-paying positions. It is these bodies who adopted the so-called Z Plan. If the COACHES want the playoff format changed, a majority will have to let TSSAA know about it. If the two bodies do not do the bidding of the member schools, these people will be voted out at the next election.

2. The Z Plan was installed because of, I think, a serious problem. There were quality teams who were left out of the playoff while poor teams made it in. It just depended on what district the team was in. I don't believe the members (teams) want this to happen again.

3. However, the Clint Abbott I remember is too much of a gentleman to call someone a moron.