Jo Byrns vs Perry Co.

theGURU

Battle of the Best.  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Who is headed to Cookeville to represent the West?

• Perry County
    • Jo Byrns

I've gotta give props to PC fans and players. The atmosphere was awesome. When you came into Perry County they had signs everywhere supporting the Vikings,it was really neat to see a town fired up for a ball game and really going all out for their Vikings.Honestly, I found the PC fans and players to be a very classy bunch.

I'm done with smack talk in this thread,I just want to give Perry County the respect they deserve for having a great season.I also wanted to give props to #5 #73 and #54 ((might be #53 he played over center)He was really emotional after the game,and I told him we will be seeing them again next year...seriously this young man was hurting bad....I really felt bad for him because I've been in his shoes before. The young man left it all on the field. :(

Reddevil88 and others thank you for all of the kind comments to the Viking players and fans. We are so proud of our team and community.Football has come along way the past few years in PC,and being a part of the Booster club I can tell you it has been done with alot of hard work.We have a great group of boys this year who play hard.Thanks for giving a shout out to my son #73 and others. Football has given him discipline,purpose and camraderie.O line does not get alot of props as individuals and he gives it all he has and loves the game. Thanks for bringing a great crowd and a great game.Congrats on the win and I hope JB wins it all. I have to also add that our coaches give up so much of their personal time for our kids(as I am sure JB can say the same)and for that I say a big THANK YOU!!!

Reddevil88 and others thank you for all of the kind comments to the Viking players and fans. We are so proud of our team and community.Football has come along way the past few years in PC,and being a part of the Booster club I can tell you it has been done with alot of hard work.We have a great group of boys this year who play hard.Thanks for giving a shout out to my son #73 and others. Football has given him discipline,purpose and camraderie.O line does not get alot of props as individuals and he gives it all he has and loves the game. Thanks for bringing a great crowd and a great game.Congrats on the win and I hope JB wins it all. I have to also add that our coaches give up so much of their personal time for our kids(as I am sure JB can say the same)and for that I say a big THANK YOU!!!

:thumb: And props to you, Padre. You have worked harder than anybody this year, and aren't you glad we don't have to do concessions anymore? :roflol:

Perry County has had more respect for Basketball until now.. Perry County Football team of 2010 has something no other Perry County team has done in many years.. You gave this county pride, excitement, and the love of the game here like never before.. You have made us all here at Perry County so proud of you!! Never hang your heads low because of last nights game.. You are all winners for achieving such an amazing year..Remember others may talk about what you should had done last night to win but you all should not look back due to others. And other teams may talk trash talk to you but you will always be the team that will be remembered here for the heart you gave to us. Thank you to all the players for the best season we have had. You are truly an amazing group of young men and Perry County will always remember this season..

:thumb: U said it best!! These guys should be very proud of themselves! First time Region 6A Champs! Wat a season they have had. I'm really going to miss #18 out there next year. Wat a great kid, on and off the field! I love to watch him play. Very proud of #20! He was hard hitting all night! This group went to the jr pro superbowl together years ago! Brought back alot of memories! I'm sure radio remembers well. He was their coach! dbyrd is right, we will be talking about this season for years to come! Congratulations JB. Goodluck next week!

I would also like to add that the stats i was looking at from this Unamed site says that Dray Mercer is leading the state in recieveing yards. Just wanted to give a shout out to him as well. :thumb: Good Job Mercer.

:thumb: Great job, Dray! Another very talented player, we are really gonna miss him next year. Nothing I enjoy more than watching him get the kickoff and take it all the way to the house!

:thumb: nothing like fri, night football good player's and fan's

I just had to get back on here and say thanks to the Pc football team and the Pc fans for a great football season. I'm from across the river but I love that small town ball and you guys symbolize what it is all about. You play with passion and determination that is unequalled by any larger city team. You met a tough one friday night in Jo Byrns and after they got rolling yall just couldn't slow them down but who has. I encourage you to not think about how the season ended but the ride that got you to that point and the feeling you had all week leading up to that game and always remember that you are one of the best teams in single A. There was a lot of teams who would have loved to been in the semi finals but you guys made it, take pride in that and work for next year because I know you will be back. You've only had a football program for around a decade so you have come a long way in a very short period of time, there are a lot of schools who have had programs for 30+ years and never reached the semi finals. Take pride in who you are Perry County you have a lot to be proud of. Jo Byrns your players and fans were very classy you all conducted yourself in a manner that you should be proud of. The team I was supporting was behind but it made it a lot easier seeing the sportsmanship on the field and in the stands. Congratulations Jo Byrns on a great season and in the Championship game I will be rooting for you. Pc players and fans congratulations on a great season you should be very proud and thanks for welcoming this outsider in as one of your own on a weekly bases. I'll be back next year but until then keep on rowing vikings!

I just had to get back on here and say thanks to the Pc football team and the Pc fans for a great football season. I'm from across the river but I love that small town ball and you guys symbolize what it is all about. You play with passion and determination that is unequalled by any larger city team. You met a tough one friday night in Jo Byrns and after they got rolling yall just couldn't slow them down but who has. I encourage you to not think about how the season ended but the ride that got you to that point and the feeling you had all week leading up to that game and always remember that you are one of the best teams in single A. There was a lot of teams who would have loved to been in the semi finals but you guys made it, take pride in that and work for next year because I know you will be back. You've only had a football program for around a decade so you have come a long way in a very short period of time, there are a lot of schools who have had programs for 30+ years and never reached the semi finals. Take pride in who you are Perry County you have a lot to be proud of. Jo Byrns your players and fans were very classy you all conducted yourself in a manner that you should be proud of. The team I was supporting was behind but it made it a lot easier seeing the sportsmanship on the field and in the stands. Congratulations Jo Byrns on a great season and in the Championship game I will be rooting for you. Pc players and fans congratulations on a great season you should be very proud and thanks for welcoming this outsider in as one of your own on a weekly bases. I'll be back next year but until then keep on rowing vikings!

Great Post, and thanks. See Ya next year! Take it all the way JB :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: