Milan @ Goodpasture

CougarBrown

So if you think Camden was built to beat Milan, wait until you see the size of Goodpasture's Linemen. The only way you have seen this kind of line is to have watched it on TV. Because 3-A High school Football teams just don't! Your Coaching staff must try to stop them from running it down your throat. Who cares about the sweep, can you shut down there POWER GAME!

Yea there QB has 1600 yards but allot of that was running up the score when the game is out of hand. He's not going to sit in the pocket and beat you. But if he does get outside he can and will throw it.

So tell me. What kind of offence will I see from Milan. Because I’m either going to came watch your game, or watch Maplewood. I guess I could watch 1/2 of both, The Schools are about 5 miles apart.

Goodpasture is very balanced. I think that is the difference with this team. In the past, the Cougars would have a dynamic back, with a below average passing game. This year they have a solid running game, with a very good passing game. It starts with #3. He can scramble and pass. He has two excellent wide receivers, #14 who is more of a possesion receiver, and #9 who is a fast deep threat. I totally disagree with you about #3 and his passing yards. Quite the opposite, There has been several games this year when Goodpasture could have run it up, but Coach Martin threw it into neutral and stopped passing. All of there high scoring games this year are when they put the second string in and they kept running the ball and scoring. Goodpasture does have more of a power game this year because of there offensive line. They are very big. There O-line probably averages about 270 to 273 across the line. Both of there offensive tackles are over 315. #54 (6'1" -315lbs) #72 (6'2" -265lbs) and #55 (6'6" - 325lbs) are tough in the trenches. They have a big, athletic tight end #15, and they have debth at fullback. It is hard to play Goodpasture because of that balance. They will run straight at you, then go over top in the passing game. And if eveyone is covered, you better have a spy back there watching #3 because he will take off and run. The two fastest players on there team are #22 and #9. The dont run alot of mis-direction with there speed guys, they just run it at you, then throw it over you. I wish they would get those two players involved more in mis-direction plays.

Goodpasture is very balanced. I think that is the difference with this team. In the past, the Cougars would have a dynamic back, with a below average passing game. This year they have a solid running game, with a very good passing game. It starts with #3. He can scramble and pass. He has two excellent wide receivers, #14 who is more of a possesion receiver, and #9 who is a fast deep threat. I totally disagree with you about #3 and his passing yards. Quite the opposite, There has been several games this year when Goodpasture could have run it up, but Coach Martin threw it into neutral and stopped passing. All of there high scoring games this year are when they put the second string in and they kept running the ball and scoring. Goodpasture does have more of a power game this year because of there offensive line. They are very big. There O-line probably averages about 270 to 273 across the line. Both of there offensive tackles are over 315. #54 (6'1" -315lbs) #72 (6'2" -265lbs) and #55 (6'6" - 325lbs) are tough in the trenches. They have a big, athletic tight end #15, and they have debth at fullback. It is hard to play Goodpasture because of that balance. They will run straight at you, then go over top in the passing game. And if eveyone is covered, you better have a spy back there watching #3 because he will take off and run. The two fastest players on there team are #22 and #9. The dont run alot of mis-direction with there speed guys, they just run it at you, then throw it over you. I wish they would get those two players involved more in mis-direction plays.

I agree NEEDFORSPEED, #9 Troy Nichols & #22 Mitchell Martin would be dangerous with mis-direction.

Does Milan still run the I-formation on offense? And, the last time we played them, they were a senior heavy team. Is that the case this year?

In 2008 we started 4 seniors on offense and 7 juniors. We started 5 seniors on defense, 4 juniors and 2 sophomores. We were pretty underclassmen heavy that year, no different this year. After the injuries I think we're starting 2 seniors, 7 juniors and 2 sophomores on offense after replacing all 11. We start 6 seniors, 2 juniors and 3 sophomores on defense. Also, a Sophomore kicker. Edited by bulldawgs#1

You’re not going to hold Goodpasture to 10 points! I don’t know why you guys think you can hold their offensive line from opening up holes. You will have to sell out to stop the Power Game!

I see more like a 28 to 35 game only if you can throw the ball. You seem to have a QB that can pass but isn’t very mobile. His season stats are a -68 yards rushing for the year. If he gets pressure you guys are in trouble.

Season stats are deceptive when it comes to a Qb's rushing yards. I'll gladly take -68 rushing and 1,400 passing from a first year sophomore starter on a team that likes to run the ball. He compiled a lot of negative yardage against Gibson Co. After the game was in hand, he was left out there to experiment with the shotgun. Bad snap after bad snap led to his bad stats. Not making excuses (every team can make this excuse concerning stats)but everyone knows that Caleb is not Milan's primary rusher. He is mobile enough. The reason we think that we can hold GP from opening up holes is because our defense has prevented it from happening all year. I know GP is not like any team we have faced this year but they are not supposed to be. That's why we are both in the semis. 2 great teams doing battle for a trip to Cookville.

So if you think Camden was built to beat Milan, wait until you see the size of Goodpasture's Linemen. The only way you have seen this kind of line is to have watched it on TV. Because 3-A High school Football teams just don't! Your Coaching staff must try to stop them from running it down your throat. Who cares about the sweep, can you shut down there POWER GAME!

Yea there QB has 1600 yards but allot of that was running up the score when the game is out of hand. He's not going to sit in the pocket and beat you. But if he does get outside he can and will throw it.

So tell me. What kind of offence will I see from Milan. Because I’m either going to came watch your game, or watch Maplewood. I guess I could watch 1/2 of both, The Schools are about 5 miles apart.

here is the deal. I mean this with no disrespect but we have a few guys up front on defense that really dont care because you will be watching one of them on TV next year. the others are a bit smaller but they are athletic. Having size is one thing. Having size and athleticism is another. This will be a great match-up.

Milan runs a stop-me-if-you-can basic I offense. There is really nothing flashy about it. Last week against Camden was a hard hitting smashmouth game. This will probably be no different.

What I do not understand personally is why GP fells as if they are the under dawgs when NOBODY even exspected Milan to make it past rh first round of play-offs.. if that. Milan will bring their game, the O-line and the D-line hads really stepped up. As people did not exspect there have been stand outs that are young. Milan doesn't just rebuild.. we RELOAD. GP be ready for Milan on Friday as well as Milan be ready for GP. This will be a good game.

GO DAWGS. :)

You’re not going to hold Goodpasture to 10 points! I don’t know why you guys think you can hold their offensive line from opening up holes. You will have to sell out to stop the Power Game!

I see more like a 28 to 35 game only if you can throw the ball. You seem to have a QB that can pass but isn’t very mobile. His season stats are a -68 yards rushing for the year. If he gets pressure you guys are in trouble.

well, honestly who thought Milan could hold Camden to 6 points never underestimate a team with heart and a great coach.

i can promis u camden would have matched u size and speed wise o and for the power run i can promis u beyond of a shadow of doubt u will not run it down our throats u wont see the common milan offense it has not been there all yr and i dont really look for that to change this week this offense thrives of the big play if u can limit the big plays u will have a chance i just dont think it will happen i do think it will be a pretty decent game