Milan @ Goodpasture

CougarBrown

For those of us who have been following the Goodpasture program since the 70's we remember the hospitality we've enjoyed as we've made trips out west. In the late 70's the folks in Lake County fed us catfish. When we've been to Martin, Camden, Huntingdon and Milan the folks have been super nice to us especially regarding restaurants we've visited.

With that in mind I wanted to give our Milan friends wishes for safe travel and secondly some dining considerations if you plan on grabbing a bite once you get to Madison. In Madison on Gallatin Road there's several fast food choices,a Shoney's and a Picadilly.

On Dickerson Road near the Old Hickory Blvd intersection there's a Sonic, Jack in the Box, meat and three and a very very small Chinese restaurant.

If you're traveling on I65 and you go past the Old Hickory Blvd exit the next exit is to Rivergate Mall. On one hand Rivergate will have tons of fast food and sit down dining choices. On the other hand it's going to be really busy with lots of traffic because it's Black Friday.

Anyway, FYI Milan fans. Since we've made the 2 plus hour trip to Milan several times I thought I'd offer some suggestions to help you out if you're hungry and you have some time to eat before the game. Of course,the concession stand is an option too.

Again, be safe traveling. Prayers for no injuries so that the west bracket might be respresented at full strength in Cookeville. Go Cougars!

For those of us who have been following the Goodpasture program since the 70's we remember the hospitality we've enjoyed as we've made trips out west. In the late 70's the folks in Lake County fed us catfish. When we've been to Martin, Camden, Huntingdon and Milan the folks have been super nice to us especially regarding restaurants we've visited.

With that in mind I wanted to give our Milan friends wishes for safe travel and secondly some dining considerations if you plan on grabbing a bite once you get to Madison. In Madison on Gallatin Road there's several fast food choices,a Shoney's and a Picadilly.

On Dickerson Road near the Old Hickory Blvd intersection there's a Sonic, Jack in the Box, meat and three and a very very small Chinese restaurant.

If you're traveling on I65 and you go past the Old Hickory Blvd exit the next exit is to Rivergate Mall. On one hand Rivergate will have tons of fast food and sit down dining choices. On the other hand it's going to be really busy with lots of traffic because it's Black Friday.

Anyway, FYI Milan fans. Since we've made the 2 plus hour trip to Milan several times I thought I'd offer some suggestions to help you out if you're hungry and you have some time to eat before the game. Of course,the concession stand is an option too.

Again, be safe traveling. Prayers for no injuries so that the west bracket might be respresented at full strength in Cookeville. Go Cougars!

I might suggest if you have time, exit at Bellevue/ hwy 70 #196. Several restaurants and fast foods and no shopping mall. Have a good trip, rain should have left us by morning but very cold forecast.

Maestro....FBgirl.....Thanks for the info, I have family coming in from FL and we are all

looking foward to the game. Could you recommend a hotel close by, we are planning

on a little shopping Sat. I noticed on google earth that the visitor's seats might be

somewhat small, could anyone tell me about how many it holds. With the holidays, playing

a great team like GP, and the shopping, I expect alot of Milan fans!!!!!

I'm looking foward to a great game between two teams with tons of tradition, class, and

mutual respect. An article in The Mirrow Exchange summed it up this way, "size vs speed."

Good luck to both sides and I hope it's an injury free game with Milan getting all the

breaks, and GP getting all the bad calls. hahaha

See ya at the game,

Milan 24

GP 21

CLASS ACT! :thumb:

Maestro....FBgirl.....Thanks for the info, I have family coming in from FL and we are all

looking foward to the game. Could you recommend a hotel close by, we are planning

on a little shopping Sat. I noticed on google earth that the visitor's seats might be

somewhat small, could anyone tell me about how many it holds. With the holidays, playing

I'm looking foward to a great game between two teams with tons of tradition, class, and

mutual respect. An article in The Mirrow Exchange summed it up this way, "size vs speed."

Good luck to both sides and I hope it's an injury free game with Milan getting all the

See ya at the game,

Milan 24

GP 21

Hey Singjuice, I just pulled up hotel options in Goodlettsville. There's a Marriott Courtyard at 865 Conference Drive. Conference Drive is right by Rivergate Mall. I wouldn't suggest anything on Dickerson Road near Goodpasture. FB Girl and others might have more suggestions. Be safe with your family coming in.

See ya at the game,

Milan 24

GP 21

Forgot to add seating capacity. Visitor side is 800, home side is 2800.

Coach Morris said GP is "huge" but we have the speed advantage. "Our speed versus their size."

I myself would consider Goodpasture has more speed than size. Yes, we have a few big boys, but most are smaller and quick. Last Friday night, Pearl-Cohn looked like monsters compared to us.

Here is a photo of one of our big guys #55

My link

I myself would consider Goodpasture has more speed than size. Yes, we have a few big boys, but most are smaller and quick. Last Friday night, Pearl-Cohn looked like monsters compared to us.

Here is a photo of one of our big guys #55

My link

Is that "kid" being recruited? We were definitely the smaller team last Friday as well. But, we've got a lot of speed. The defense really flies to the ball and while I don't know that I could say that we've necessarily lived by the big play, a lot of points and yards have come from big plays.

It might bring a tear to my eye when we kick the stuffing out of GP, because their fans are so nice. Lol. We really do appreciate your hospitality. Not many of our competitors schools would be so courteous. Thanks for your suggestions on restaurants and hotels. Should be a good and close game and hopefully injury free. Good luck to both teams. Go Dawgs!!!