Morristown East Offseason Thread

EASTFAN

Morristown East 2010 season was alittle better than most fans Predicted. 5 wins with

as many Freshman & 1 year Varsity players, not bad. I do fell we could have won a few

more games, if we had players playing the right position.

#1)Why is #22(plays DB)not running the football on offense? He got very good speed & he way to short to play corner. He had trouble stopping long passes & jump ball all year.I saw him play as a Freshman,he needs to be on offense.

#2)Why is #8 our FB on offense? He runs hard & he a great kid, but he just alittle to slow for this type of spread offense. He needs to be on defense were his physical

play can be rewarded.

#3)How come we didn't go back to the true Wing-Tee, when Ricker got hurt? #1 would

have ran it like Tee Howell. It also would have easy pressure on the offensive line.

#4)What improvement or adjusment will be made in our offensive line. I know we were

very young,but we had a couple of players that just could,nt block anyone.Maybe another year in the weightroom will fix the problem.

If Morristown East plans on running the same offense in 2011, we got to add more

speed in the backfield. Cody Ricker can't run on every play. Matt Thompson has speed

& has great hands,but we need another player that can take it to the house on any play.Maybe #22 or TEE-Howell little brother could be the answer.

If you want to run a spread offense,Oregon is the way to do it. Speed kills!

As a fan of all high school football,I hate to see the season come to the end.

I hope someone can answers some of my question. Looking forward to a great 2011

season.

:roflol:

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morristown East 2010 season was alittle better than most fans Predicted. 5 wins with

as many Freshman & 1 year Varsity players, not bad. I do fell we could have won a few

more games, if we had players playing the right position.

#1)Why is #22(plays DB)not running the football on offense? He got very good speed & he way to short to play corner. He had trouble stopping long passes & jump ball all year.I saw him play as a Freshman,he needs to be on offense.

#2)Why is #8 our FB on offense? He runs hard & he a great kid, but he just alittle to slow for this type of spread offense. He needs to be on defense were his physical

play can be rewarded.

#3)How come we didn't go back to the true Wing-Tee, when Ricker got hurt? #1 would

have ran it like Tee Howell. It also would have easy pressure on the offensive line.

#4)What improvement or adjusment will be made in our offensive line. I know we were

very young,but we had a couple of players that just could,nt block anyone.Maybe another year in the weightroom will fix the problem.

If Morristown East plans on running the same offense in 2011, we got to add more

speed in the backfield. Cody Ricker can't run on every play. Matt Thompson has speed

& has great hands,but we need another player that can take it to the house on any play.Maybe #22 or TEE-Howell little brother could be the answer.

If you want to run a spread offense,Oregon is the way to do it. Speed kills!

As a fan of all high school football,I hate to see the season come to the end.

I hope someone can answers some of my question. Looking forward to a great 2011

season.

:roflol:

The answer to your question is to copy what works at schools like Maryville and Alcoa.First you must be willing to pay for high quality coaches! You cannot get an assistant from Alcoa or GQ without stepping up to the plate and writing a decent check!Secondly is community support! Ask yourself this....Would all the pee wee teams and the middle schools run the plays that the Head coach at the High School asked them too?What I'm saying is ...is that the level of commitment at those 2 Blount Co schools is faaaaar beyond what ANY IMAC school has been willing to do.Those kids train ALL year .Within the rules of course and on their own.Weight training is a year round affair (Not JUST 4th period) as well as fundamentals.What were the top Bench press and squat at ME or other IMAC schools? and how( many players?) could hit high numbers?Were the biggest kids in the halls also on the football field?Was anybody in the weight room on the weekend? or on holidays or snowdays?Does anyone train with the likes of D1 or Johnny Longs?Are the parents and alumni unwavering in their support of the team ? Do Home games sellout and away games well traveled to?Which team pays for a strength and nutrition coach?A couple of teams in IMAC have on a very rare occaision won the BIG game..This is true.But ask yourself how often its looked like one of us could get it done about halfway thru the season.Essentially IMAC teams fight for a possible chance at the IMAC title and their goal is to "make" the playoffs.I will continue too support my IMAC men.I will continue to uptalk and encourage those that will listen.This is not meant to sound like a slam on us but hopefully a wake-up call! Let's get it together IMAC!!!! and make some noise in the future playoffs !!!

The answer to your question is to copy what works at schools like Maryville and Alcoa.First you must be willing to pay for high quality coaches! You cannot get an assistant from Alcoa or GQ without stepping up to the plate and writing a decent check!Secondly is community support! Ask yourself this....Would all the pee wee teams and the middle schools run the plays that the Head coach at the High School asked them too?What I'm saying is ...is that the level of commitment at those 2 Blount Co schools is faaaaar beyond what ANY IMAC school has been willing to do.Those kids train ALL year .Within the rules of course and on their own.Weight training is a year round affair (Not JUST 4th period) as well as fundamentals.What were the top Bench press and squat at ME or other IMAC schools? and how( many players?) could hit high numbers?Were the biggest kids in the halls also on the football field?Was anybody in the weight room on the weekend? or on holidays or snowdays?Does anyone train with the likes of D1 or Johnny Longs?Are the parents and alumni unwavering in their support of the team ? Do Home games sellout and away games well traveled to?Which team pays for a strength and nutrition coach?A couple of teams in IMAC have on a very rare occaision won the BIG game..This is true.But ask yourself how often its looked like one of us could get it done about halfway thru the season.Essentially IMAC teams fight for a possible chance at the IMAC title and their goal is to "make" the playoffs.I will continue too support my IMAC men.I will continue to uptalk and encourage those that will listen.This is not meant to sound like a slam on us but hopefully a wake-up call! Let's get it together IMAC!!!! and make some noise in the future playoffs !!!

You have hit the head right on the nail. I know an strength coach at Morristown

East would help.Community support in Morristown has been good most years. I think

getting our best athlete out of the hallways is problem #1. Morristown West seemed to

have all their sport program work together, but at East High, Coaches will talk a kid

out of playing football, because they do not want him hurt. I do remember when Jeff

County was a power,you couldn't find a sit at home or away games if you were late.

I thing the IMAC has a chance to make some noise in 2011. Just about every team was

very young. Newport will be better,Morristown East & Morristown West return alot of

players.Jeff County had one of the best Freshman teams I seen all year.

You have hit the head right on the nail. I know an strength coach at Morristown

East would help.Community support in Morristown has been good most years. I think

getting our best athlete out of the hallways is problem #1. Morristown West seemed to

have all their sport program work together, but at East High, Coaches will talk a kid

out of playing football, because they do not want him hurt. I do remember when Jeff

County was a power,you couldn't find a sit at home or away games if you were late.

I thing the IMAC has a chance to make some noise in 2011. Just about every team was

very young. Newport will be better,Morristown East & Morristown West return alot of

players.Jeff County had one of the best Freshman teams I seen all year.

My big thing is weight training.I read once a quote "the player that increases his bench press by a hundred pounds is going to be a badarce in his own mind ". Yes JEFF was a big deal at one time,People tend to forget that not only did they have 2 All Americans in 87 ,but they were bigtime gym rats.To the man. they are said to have been able to bench-press 400 lbs per lineman,as well as most of the other big players LB TE .The bigger stronger and mentally tougher player will domonate in his position.My quote "It is not enough to dominate everyone in practice and win and be happy with a starting position,You must dominate everyone you meet in the games !".This is not the sole responsibility of the coaches.The players must be self motivated!

My big thing is weight training.I read once a quote "the player that increases his bench press by a hundred pounds is going to be a badarce in his own mind ". Yes JEFF was a big deal at one time,People tend to forget that not only did they have 2 All Americans in 87 ,but they were bigtime gym rats.To the man. they are said to have been able to bench-press 400 lbs per lineman,as well as most of the other big players LB TE .The bigger stronger and mentally tougher player will domonate in his position.My quote "It is not enough to dominate everyone in practice and win and be happy with a starting position,You must dominate everyone you meet in the games !".This is not the sole responsibility of the coaches.The players must be self motivated!

Amen Brother !!!

All IMAC Players who are not playing in another sport need to be in the gym doing a SERIOUS workout 5 to 6 days a week until Spring Practice starts. Max effort between now and March/April by next years players will make all the difference in how teams will be next fall.

Peace

Does anyone have next years schedules for Morristown East Or Jeff Co.

I'll take any schedule from any team in the IMAC.

Let's get in the weightroom guys, This Conference must show it's a lot better in 2011.

The Canes open the Kickoff Classic with Harlan County Ky and we add Knox West and Bearden !

• 5 months later...

I think Coach Hatcher said they were 10-2 and won in the state semi-finals

Harlan County was 11-3. They lost in the state semi finals of 5A in KY to Ft. Thomas Highlands of national renown. They other losses were to Bell County, KY who made the state semi finals in 4A and they had a week 1 loss to Pulaski Co. KY and then avenged that loss in the regional final. They return 8 starters on both sides of the ball. They also have two kids returning who were their two leading tacklers in 2009 but had ACL tears in the preseason last year.