HENDERSONVILLE @ RIDGEWAY

Newcastle

Really, uh, Hendersonville fans, I wish yall could really understand how FAST, FAST, FAST #1, #3, #10, #11 and the Defense as a whole for Ridgeway is! :ph34r:

Dawson and Walton are SUPER DUPER FAST. These folks got 2 LONG DEs that hardly ever lose contain. Ridgeway is something serious this season. I have seen it on film and first hand as we played them earlier this season... :thumb:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the most part from watching all the Youtube Highlights of Ridgeways games, they are playing cupcake after cupcake pretty much until last week. Hendersonville is no cupcake, especially if they play as they did vs Henry County. Should be a great game with a great atmosphere.

Special teams will be big for the commandos. With the low line drive punts as well as short kickoffs it could set up some good field position. If the big line of Hendersonville can control the quick penatrating D-line the Commandos could have a great night on the ground. And if Hunter Brown can control his passes it could open up even more of the run game.

Defensivly the Commandos will be challenged all night by the quick RB's from Ridgeway. They must wrap up every tackle as well as force some TO's. Its going to be a dogfight in the trenches.

Good Luck Commandos and practice hard this week!

Ridgeway gave MUS all they wanted in this year's scrimmage. Only lost by a td. I think Ridgeway is for real and will win out State this year.

For the most part from watching all the Youtube Highlights of Ridgeways games, they are playing cupcake after cupcake pretty much until last week. Hendersonville is no cupcake, especially if they play as they did vs Henry County. Should be a great game with a great atmosphere.

Special teams will be big for the commandos. With the low line drive punts as well as short kickoffs it could set up some good field position. If the big line of Hendersonville can control the quick penatrating D-line the Commandos could have a great night on the ground. And if Hunter Brown can control his passes it could open up even more of the run game.

Defensivly the Commandos will be challenged all night by the quick RB's from Ridgeway. They must wrap up every tackle as well as force some TO's. Its going to be a dogfight in the trenches.

Don't be fooled. Ridgeway did not play cupcake after cupcake. Their non-district schedule included three district 16 schools ... 6A Whitehaven (playing in the semi-finals on Friday), last year's 6A state champ, White Station, and 5A Melrose. District 15, the district in which they are in, is comprised of 8 schools, all of whom are 6A, except for Ridgeway, they are the lone 5A school in their district. I wouldn't go down the road of trying to discount Ridgeway's opponents because you happen to think they played cupcakes based upon what you saw on some youtube clips. VERY BAD MISTAKE.

Burner....I don't know what your definition of "cupcake" is but I would assume that you are referring to "cupcakes" such as Lebanon, LaVergne, Hunters Lane, Wilson Central, Station Camp, and Portland! I also assume that if there are "cupcakes" on Ridgeway's schedule then your are referring to Memphis Overton, Houston, Kirby, and/or Southwind. Therefore, Ridgeway has played 4 of your "cupcakes" while the Commandos have played 6 "cupcakes". White Station, Whitehaven, Collierville, Melrose, Wooddale, and Germantown are FAR from "cupcakes"!

Burner....I don't know what your definition of "cupcake" is but I would assume that you are referring to "cupcakes" such as Lebanon, LaVergne, Hunters Lane, Wilson Central, Station Camp, and Portland! I also assume that if there are "cupcakes" on Ridgeway's schedule then your are referring to Memphis Overton, Houston, Kirby, and/or Southwind. Therefore, Ridgeway has played 4 of your "cupcakes" while the Commandos have played 6 "cupcakes". White Station, Whitehaven, Collierville, Melrose, Wooddale, and Germantown are FAR from "cupcakes"!

White Station(5-6)Didnt beat a quiality Opponent all year. Melrose really held their own.. (4-7).

I will say Germantown and Wooddale are quality 6A opponens and

Whitehaven is a great 6A team that should give Smyrna all they can handle.

Ridgeway hasnt faced a quality Opponent since before Halloween (Jackson Northside from the looks of the film on youtube could'nt tackle a old lady or shed a block to save their lives)

Where as Hendersonville has played Beech, Gallatin, Gallatin again, Henry County, and Clarksville NE for the past five weeks. Not many teams could get out of that physical 5 game stretch with only losing one game (Gallatin by 3). But this team loves to hit. And Hit and Hit.

I sure hope both teams bring the wood. Because just like the Henry County game, everyone was talking about their elite running game and their big brusing FB. That FB was decleated and put on his back for a 3 yard loss in the first Qrt and ran timid the rest of the game.

Exerpt from the Tennessean.

"The Commandos rushed for 192 yards against the Patriots, whose defense had set a school record for fewest rushing yards allowed in a 10-game season.

"Our coaches had been stressing all week that their run defense is the best, and no one's been able to run on them," Priddy said. "We were like, 'We're going to run on them. We're going to block it, and they're not going to stop us.'

White Station(5-6)Didnt beat a quiality Opponent all year. Melrose really held their own.. (4-7).

I will say Germantown and Wooddale are quality 6A opponens and

Whitehaven is a great 6A team that should give Smyrna all they can handle.

Ridgeway hasnt faced a quality Opponent since before Halloween (Jackson Northside from the looks of the film on youtube could'nt tackle a old lady or shed a block to save their lives)

Where as Hendersonville has played Beech, Gallatin, Gallatin again, Henry County, and Clarksville NE for the past five weeks. Not many teams could get out of that physical 5 game stretch with only losing one game (Gallatin by 3). But this team loves to hit. And Hit and Hit.

I sure hope both teams bring the wood. Because just like the Henry County game, everyone was talking about their elite running game and their big brusing FB. That FB was decleated and put on his back for a 3 yard loss in the first Qrt and ran timid the rest of the game.

Exerpt from the Tennessean.

"The Commandos rushed for 192 yards against the Patriots, whose defense had set a school record for fewest rushing yards allowed in a 10-game season.

"Our coaches had been stressing all week that their run defense is the best, and no one's been able to run on them," Priddy said. "We were like, 'We're going to run on them. We're going to block it, and they're not going to stop us.'

Again..so Ridgeway fans, Hendersonville fans, and all of the rest of us interested fans are clear...who again are the "cupcakes" on Ridgeway's schedule? Were there any "cupcakes" on Hendersonville's schedule?

I think everyone would agree that the Commando's "playoff schedule" has been a bit more challenging than Ridgeway's but...just so everyone is clear and on the same page...please identify these "cupcakes" that the Roadrunners have played week after week!

Again..so Ridgeway fans, Hendersonville fans, and all of the rest of us interested fans are clear...who again are the "cupcakes" on Ridgeway's schedule? Were there any "cupcakes" on Hendersonville's schedule?

I think everyone would agree that the Commando's "playoff schedule" has been a bit more challenging than Ridgeway's but...just so everyone is clear and on the same page...please identify these "cupcakes" that the Roadrunners have played week after week!

Don't get me wrong, Lebanon, WC, Hunters Lane, and Portland were for the most part easy wins and cupcakes.

lavergne has a tremendous QB and great all around team but had the toughest regions and one of the toughest schedules out there. And Station Camp is always going to play Hendersonville tough even on their down years.

As far as Cupcakes on Ridgeway's schedule lets see.

"

White Station, Whitehaven, Collierville, Melrose, Wooddale, and Germantown are FAR from "cupcakes"!"

4 of those 6 you played early in the season, edging out wins vs WS and WH. WS started the season 0-4 and finished 5-5. Melrose the other "non-cupcake" you played got in the big dance with a record of 4-6. Same goes for the great 4-6 memphis east team you beat in the first round.

We hear it every year about how great the memphis teams are but once they make it to the Semi's they usually dont hold their own vs. teams from the middle of the state. I'm not bashing Ridgeway in any way. They are a great team who deserves the perfect record. They have great team speed and a good Dline who plays behind their pads. They just havent seen a team like Hendersonville since early on in the season. Hendersonville is not an exciting offense but more of a 3 yards and a cloud of dust (outside of their 76 and 50 yard TD passes last week) that can control the ball and control the clock. That is their game. Get a lead and run the clock down.

I look for Smyrna to knock off Whitehaven and if the Commandos can play how they are capable to knock off Ridgeway in a clost one.

(I prefer my crow medium well)

Don't be fooled. Ridgeway did not play cupcake after cupcake. Their non-district schedule included three district 16 schools ... 6A Whitehaven (playing in the semi-finals on Friday), last year's 6A state champ, White Station, and 5A Melrose. District 15, the district in which they are in, is comprised of 8 schools, all of whom are 6A, except for Ridgeway, they are the lone 5A school in their district. I wouldn't go down the road of trying to discount Ridgeway's opponents because you happen to think they played cupcakes based upon what you saw on some youtube clips. VERY BAD MISTAKE.

How else do you judge another team than what the film says. "Film never lies"

Also on a side note the hendersonville faithful will be in attendance. The School is getting busses for the students and band and football team to all charter down. The Hendersonville War Team as well as Hendersonville crowd should be electric. I hope we can fill up the away side even if it is 2.5 hours away

Edited by BarnBurner09

How else do you judge another team than what the film says. "Film never lies"

Also on a side note the hendersonville faithful will be in attendance. The School is getting busses for the students and band and football team to all charter down. The Hendersonville War Team as well as Hendersonville crowd should be electric. I hope we can fill up the away side even if it is 2.5 hours away

You are right. "Film never lies" Based upon what you have discerned from 'Youtube' and what other resources you have available .... Ridgeway hasn't played any team of quality since the beginning of the year. Melrose and East had losing records and White Station was a 500 team. Ridgeway has not seen a team like Hendersonville where the competition they play is much better throughout. Memphis teams are hyped to be really good and then when they meet a middle Tennnessee school, they lose. Oh yeah ... Smyna is just going to come in a beat Whitehaven as well ... because ... well ... Smyrna just plays stiffer competition and has beaten better teams in the playoffs ... and well ... Smyrna is just better.

Does that about sum it up?

Well ... when you mighty middle Tennessee teams come in Memphis and show us what REAL football is all about ... just don't hurt anybody in the process, ok? Could you at least do that? Please?

Thank you Barnburner for the education and correcting us Memphis folk on our folly. What on earth were we thinking?

You are right. "Film never lies" Based upon what you have discerned from 'Youtube' and what other resources you have available .... Ridgeway hasn't played any team of quality since the beginning of the year. Melrose and East had losing records and White Station was a 500 team. Ridgeway has not seen a team like Hendersonville where the competition they play is much better throughout. Memphis teams are hyped to be really good and then when they meet a middle Tennnessee school, they lose. Oh yeah ... Smyna is just going to come in a beat Whitehaven as well ... because ... well ... Smyrna just plays stiffer competition and has beaten better teams in the playoffs ... and well ... Smyrna is just better.

Well ... when you mighty middle Tennessee teams come in Memphis and show us what REAL football is all about ... just don't hurt anybody in the process, ok? Could you at least do that? Please?

Thank you Barnburner for the education and correcting us Memphis folk on our folly. What on earth were we thinking?

KWC...if you ask nicely...they may also bring you a "Basketball 101 DVD set" with them since "you Memphis folks" are so talent deprived in high school sports!

Well i'd like your take on this. And what do you know about us middle tennessee teams? and Hendersonville?

..And i bet smyrna does beat whitehaven

KWC...if you ask nicely...they may also bring you a "Basketball 101 DVD set" with them since "you Memphis folks" are so talent deprived in high school sports!

QBClubPrez:

What Memphis area schools are notoriously accused of is not that we have a lack of talent. Across the board, by and large, the Memphis area schools are accused of being deprived of anybody who can coach worth a darn. Now, let Barnburner tell it, the football here is weak, compared to middle Tennessee standards as well. Maybe the Memphis teams should forfiet before hand, just to avoid the embarassment?