Heritage high off season

scotsqb7

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does everyone feel about Heritage? Where do they need to improve? Are they in the right direction?

Heritage is in for a long, long dry spell. No quarterback to speak of coming back. Offensive line will continue to be very weak. The Cline kid is the best athlete they have coming back, but he cannot do it all. A weak freshman class adds nothing to the future. It will take a miracle for anything resembling a winning season to materialize at HHS in the next five years.

Heritage is in for a long, long dry spell. No quarterback to speak of coming back. Offensive line will continue to be very weak. The Cline kid is the best athlete they have coming back, but he cannot do it all. A weak freshman class adds nothing to the future. It will take a miracle for anything resembling a winning season to materialize at HHS in the next five years.

I disagree. Heritage is only losing one offensive linemen from last year, and will have two who were hurt last year back for next season. They have Justin Newman who played qb against west, and didn't do a bad job, and they have several other qb's who could probably play. they are returning cline and their second string rb who has the potential to be a really good player. I feel like they have the potential to be pretty good next season.

I agree and disagree about the talent coming back. I went to two of the hertiage games including one JV game and they actully do not look that bad. I believe could be a four win season if you all could get an upset in there somewhere. Once again until you all manage to beat WB it is going to be hard for anyone to take Heritage serious. I do not know much about the freshman situation down there though so after this next year you all could have some serious issues. How did Newman do against West?

How does everyone feel about Heritage? Where do they need to improve? Are they in the right direction?

Hey I got an answer for you. Go to Henry County and ask Red Warrior. He seems to know everything about football and he could tell you where you need to improve. He knows where EVERY team is headed and if it is the right direction or not. :roflol:

I agree and disagree about the talent coming back. I went to two of the hertiage games including one JV game and they actully do not look that bad. I believe could be a four win season if you all could get an upset in there somewhere. Once again until you all manage to beat WB it is going to be hard for anyone to take Heritage serious. I do not know much about the freshman situation down there though so after this next year you all could have some serious issues. How did Newman do against West?

Newman did pretty good against West. He made some pretty good decisions and did a great job running from the qb position.

Tim Hammontree is back in town looking for a job. The admin at HHS should be very interested and that should be the biggest change this off season. Mr. Russell does not know what to do with talent and it is unfortunate for the kids and assistants because there are some very good young coaches who would also benefit from being tutored by a very good coach. I think people at Maryville would have to agree that he did pretty good when he was there and that he would bring a much bigger threat to the rebels and he would at least respect GQ which Mr. Russell does not.

Well thats good that Newman seemed to do pretty well, I always pull for Heritage even if im a William Blount graduate just because I like to see all of Blount County do well (well besides for one game :rolleyes:) . I am not sure about Coach Russel as I have never met him so I will hope he can succeed in establishing a solid program.