Cookeville

gatorbillmsu

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry jimbo but i just aint buying it. Athough JC is JC, they are considerably IMO down from the last few years (the HC report on 7A) and they are playing several young kids their self. Only one real experienced player, that being the pg. Also the game was at Cookeville, i think it will be a different story in JC. If CHS goes .500 it will be a successful year. :popcorneater:

Honest, I'm not playing dumb here. They came to Lawrence Co. last Saturday and played and all I know is what I heard is that 4 starters are gone for the year. My question is, what happened? Did they quit or were they asked to leave? In either case, why? Cookeville has a good program and it was not the kind of game we are used to having with them.

Honest, I'm not playing dumb here. They came to Lawrence Co. last Saturday and played and all I know is what I heard is that 4 starters are gone for the year. My question is, what happened? Did they quit or were they asked to leave? In either case, why? Cookeville has a good program and it was not the kind of game we are used to having with them.

I really do not want to say too much, but basically the four kids quit over a dispute with the coach. (it is in the Herald Citizen so I will go ahead and say. . . ) the dispute centered around the punishment of another player for "whatever reason".

A 5th player has since left the team for unspecified reasons.

I didnt like the way it was reported in the H-C, as it seemed to put it as a bunch of kids and parents on a vendetta. That was not the case.

Not trying to throw anyone under the bus here, but I think the kids (those who left, and those who are still playing) were unfairly thrown under the bus.

I wish them all well, and I hope that Jimbo is right. Go CAVS!