7AAA

Blazeallthewaze

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. Poor Katie. I don't know what it is. Is there anything in her history that have the refs gunning for her?? Basically, she steps on the floor and they call two fouls on her!! I hope on her Technical, which was also her fifth last night she got her money's worth!! :)

Big showdown Friday night. We have 4 possibly 5 players that can legitimately play the inside game. Duke and Cox off the dribble, drive. Norris and Smith off the post up. Feed the ball to them and challenge Riverdale's inside game. But as I have noted before, it looks to me like Middleton is capable of carrying the team if you shut down Barbee but we also have at least two, maybe three outside players that hopefully could hound her. Neutralize those two either through fouls or defense, don't get in the early hole and Riverdale doesn't have to win this game.

Go Blaze!!

I don't know what problem the refs have with Katie. She seems to be a great kid to me and I agree, I hope she got her moneys worth too on that technical. The refs probably deserved more than she gave them. I would have liked to have given them my moneys worth too but I was afraid of getting thrown out of the gym.

As far as Riverdale game goes, you can forget shutting down Barbee, it won't happen. I do think we have to be aggressive offensively and hit the boards. We do have the post play to compete but they are much quicker and better shooters than we are. If we can be aggressive and maybe get a couple of quick early fouls on Barbee to take some of her aggressiveness away, that will help. Last game we seemed to come out intimidated or scared and they jumped to a quick big lead and it was never really a game. We have to start fast to gain confidence that we can play with them. We probably have to hope for an off night shooting by Riverdale from outside. If they are not hitting the 3's and it turns into an inside game only for both teams, we will have a better chance. So to sum it up, Barbee needs to get in foul trouble, Blackman needs to hit the offensive boards, it needs to be a very close game at the end of the 1st quarter, Riverdale has to have an off night shooting from 3.

All just my opinion of course. Odds are not with the Lady Blaze but I'm sure we will come to play.

Go Blaze!!!

Middleton is already great, but her potential upside is huge. I love her overall game and the toughness she brings to the court. She is only going to get better, and she is going to be another very special player for Riverdale over the next few years.

AGREED!!!!her improvement over the course of the year is huge i LOVE her work ethic and her desire to be great and I love that she has a goal she wants to accomplish...she is hungry and her upside is HUGE!!! having said that we have a lot of players like her that work hard and is hungry and that is what makes this team so special....

blaze i agree if all those things do happen then blackman has a chance...if you stop barbee and get in her in fould trouble and then we are off from outside then you defintly have a chance...

as far as blackman coming ready to play dont worry about that they ALWAYS come to play that is a given

Edited by riverdaleman

well the assigner did not assign the best officials...this "crew" was terrible I am not going to say the worse but they were not very good at all...it is ashame that a game of this magnitude gets the officiating that they got tonight...yet again CObi takes another shot at blackmans expense and this is because nothing was called before hand and when they let so much go eventually shots like that happens...

good hard fought game tonight for my LADY WARRIORS...we started off shooting cold missing open 3s and missing layups but we labored through and came up with a 17 point win...this was another team win where everyone did their part for the win GREAT JOB LADIES!!!

GO LADY WARRIORS

Wow, not only do you have it summed up but this is 7AAA basketball. Open the gates early and expect a full gym. TSSAA, assign your best officials. From here on out thesed will be great games.

Well....appears the TSSAA wasn't listening. Game should have been closer at least. Officiating was at best one sided. Blackman did not get in the bonus in the second half at all. And Barbee can't PAY the officials to call a foul on her.

With that said, about as exciting a Basketball game for me as I have observed, certainly at the High School Level. And better than a whole lot of college girl's games I've attended. Blackman played hard from the beginning and I would have thought they earned the respect both of Riverdale AND the Officials. While I'm not sure about Riverdale, I don't think they had the respect of the Officials at all.

Congratulations to the Officials on one thing though. They didn't foul Katie out in the first half!! :):)

Looking forward to another shot at them and I KNOW the girls are.

GO BLAZE!!!!!!!!!!!!

well the assigner did not assign the best officials...this "crew" was terrible I am not going to say the worse but they were not very good at all...it is ashame that a game of this magnitude gets the officiating that they got tonight...yet again CObi takes another shot at blackmans expense and this is because nothing was called before hand and when they let so much go eventually shots like that happens...

good hard fought game tonight for my LADY WARRIORS...we started off shooting cold missing open 3s and missing layups but we labored through and came up with a 17 point win...this was another team win where everyone did their part for the win GREAT JOB LADIES!!!

GO LADY WARRIORS

I agree. That play happened right in front of me. Barbee had body all over Duke and was hitting her in the face and should have been called for the foul 3 or 4 seconds before the flagrant. Right or wrong, I guess Duke figured if Barbee could get away with it perhaps she could too. I hate that it happened, but as you say, the fouls should have been called well before the flagrant ever happened.

And I'll say one more thing also from the fans standpoint. There was a student over there, about 6'4" and around 280# jumping up and down right on the edge of the floor, screaming, pointing and gesturing wildly at the girls. I felt that was a bit too much and he should have been warned.

But still, just a danged good game and I agree. Officiating was bad and I believe it affected the margin for sure, and possibly even the outcome.

I think we may meet again. Good basketball stuff.

GO BLAZE!!!!!!!!!!

GO LADY WARRIORS

Agree about the officials. Letting obvious fouls happen and not calling anything is what causes elbows to the head. If your gonna play aggressive like Barbee does, then she has to expect things like that to happen. I'm not sure how Barbee can play so aggressive and never get fouls called on her but when she is touched, its a foul. The obvious carrying of the ball by Riverdale when the game was still in doubt that should have been a turnover and turned into a long Barbee 3-pointer was a key point in the game. 26 free throws for Riverdale and 3 for Blackman(that tells you all you need to know about the officiating). I believe it was only a 3 point game near the end of the 1st half and turned into a 6 point lead.

I am so proud of the play by the Lady Blaze tonight. They gave Riverdale all they wanted. This game was closer than the 15 point final margin (not 17 Riverdaleman). It was only a 6 point Riverdale lead at halftime (30-24) and Blackman legitimately had a chance until around 4 minutes left in the game when Riverdale finally opened it up to around 10 or 12. Great game tonight by Hall as she kept Blackman in the game early. Cox play is getting better and better just like it did last year. Duke also played well. Katie Smith once again picked up 2 early fouls. We really needed Tierra Norris tonight who was sick tonight but Micah Norris did a great job while she was in the game. Riverdaleman you act like Riverdale didn't play well but they did shoot 57% from the field and the late game 3 point shooting was the difference tonight(Azor's two 3's were huge). Blackman probably played about as well as they are capable of playing and did shoot 59% from the field.

Overall I'd say we did pretty good for a team that isn't even in the top 10 teams in the midstate according to the pollsters who obviously aren't to smart. We've now lost 5 games, 2 to #1 Riverdale, 1 to top 10 in state Mount Juliet and 2 out of state.

GREAT JOB AND GO LADY BLAZE!!!

If i implied we did not play well i apolgize that was not my intent we did play well but we missed many wide open 3 point attempts that we dont usually miss but when Jessica knocked those 2 down that did seem to turn the corner...Cox for blackman hit several 3s that would close the gap as we extended it...as far as officals this was a game that neither side was happy with then because we were getting HAMMERED all night so i guess we both agree they were bad but we both had our homer glasses on LOL...

i also apologize for the score i thought it was 62-45 but they got a bucket at the buzzer to cut make it 47 for the final result of 15 either way we won a good hard fought game

If i implied we did not play well i apolgize that was not my intent we did play well but we missed many wide open 3 point attempts that we dont usually miss but when Jessica knocked those 2 down that did seem to turn the corner...Cox for blackman hit several 3s that would close the gap as we extended it...as far as officals this was a game that neither side was happy with then because we were getting HAMMERED all night so i guess we both agree they were bad but we both had our homer glasses on LOL...

i also apologize for the score i thought it was 62-45 but they got a bucket at the buzzer to cut make it 47 for the final result of 15 either way we won a good hard fought game

If they would have called fouls for getting HAMMERED, then Barbee wouldn't have got to play in the 2nd half. Also, you do realize Riverdale shot 26 free throws to Blackmans 3, don't you. What do you want 50 free throws to 3. If you even that out, you have a game going down to the last seconds.

If they would have called fouls for getting HAMMERED, then Barbee wouldn't have got to play in the 2nd half. Also, you do realize Riverdale shot 26 free throws to Blackmans 3, don't you. What do you want 50 free throws to 3. If you even that out, you have a game going down to the last seconds.

i dont feel we fouled that much in fact on some of the fouls they called against i thought was kinda cheap i think Ty had 3 or 4 fouls and her last 2 to me werent fouls...and we probably should have shot 50 free throws everytime we went up for a shot we was getting drilled and most of the time nothing was called like i said ive got my WARRIOR glasses on so i will be honest about that..also if you look at our games we are not a high fouling team we are usually in control of what we do and dont pick up a lot of fouls