Summertown @ Lawrence County

volunteercat56

Heard that coach at Summertown is leaving and taking the head coaching position at the new school in Williamson County. Any truth to this?

I dont believe that Coach Trotter would leave the group of guys he has right now. I believe that he has had intentions of "moving on" at the end of the 2011 season but I dont see it happending anytime sooner. The class of 2011 are "his boys" hes attached to them in a way that is much more than Coach/Player.

I dont believe that Coach Trotter would leave the group of guys he has right now. I believe that he has had intentions of "moving on" at the end of the 2011 season but I dont see it happending anytime sooner. The class of 2011 are "his boys" hes attached to them in a way that is much more than Coach/Player.

I know that he interviewed for it a couple of weeks ago.

Big win tonight by Lawrence County, 72-65. It was a three point game with 11 seconds to go and SHS had the ball so it was a closer game than the score indicates. Garland had 19 second half points for LCHS before fouling out along with Young and Brown. SHS's Curtis fouled out and there may have been others, not sure. Cody Long had two big free throws late along with Nick Messer, I believe it was, near the end.

Great atmosphere for a game which helps both teams. Great rivalry which needs to be played every year.

This thread will close around midday tomorrow so if you have something to say make it supportive and lets move on. Big games coming up for both schools.

Very exciting. The Wildcats were victorious by seven. The Eagles led for most of the game, but Lawrence Co. pulled it out. Vandy Chris, your eagles were a better team tonight. Hats off to them. They came ready to play and it showed. LC did not have their best night, but good teams find a way to win. I now see what you're saying about kick-outs to the wing off the drive for Summertown. They actually heeded your advice and did this and had success making open shots. There was not a dunk in this game. The officiating was overall bad, not really partial to one team or the other. There was a fair amount of TERRIBLE calls made against, so there is really no excuses there. Oh yea Vandy Chris, one other thing. Summertown let the smallest guy on the floor in Trent Garland dominate yet another game. Hands down. He was the deciding factor. I think this game could have been a bigger blowout if LC had not been in foul trouble most of the game. I say all that to this: Congratulations to both teams. This is a great rivalry and these games have been everything we thought they would. This game was in the top 5 best games I have ever seen. By far the loudest. This series is a great thing for Lawrence County and both schools have done a great job preparing for this game.