Summertown @ Lawrence County

volunteercat56

Vandychris,

As a fan of the Eagles...I am asking you to step away from the keyboard and take a break.

Coach True???

2 minutes to replace a player? (no clue dude)

Chard--Off night shooting (6 of 9 from behind the arc-18 points)

Clifton shot halfway decent---(11 points?)

Man, what game were you at?

Officiating will always be officiating. The difference in the game...Down 24-22 midway in the 2nd, I believe LC went on a 17-4 run to finish the half and the Eagles never recovered. We turned the ball over too much and gave away too many possessions.

Hopefully it will be a different game at SHS. Go Eagles!

midtnblue, common sense and realism appreciated. Vandychris, all of your suspect views/comments seem to tick everybody off including your own Eagle fans. Its ok to be biased for your Eagles but don't let that bias take you to extremes, or I'm gonna start referring to you as just Pelosi. :shock:

Summertown did not play their A-game, bottom line. Chard and Allen were hitting their shots. Matthews and Clifton were not. When the whole team gets hot on the same night they will be a force to reckon with. Our post players need to toughen up and start crashing the glass. How does a point guard out rebound the posts?

I will agree with VandyChris that the officaiting was ridiculous. Cheatwood (LC) was man handling our guys all night and no calls. The foul on Mathews that happened right before the "T" was ABSOLUTELY unfounded. Im not saying that the "T" was unwarranted, but the call before that was.

Dunks: Either team can dunk on each other on any given night. LC is not the only team in the county that has high flyers. Im personally waiting on Summertown's Long or Clifton to let 'er rip.

Edited by tyme

One thing is for sure that has not changed in the 15 years since this rivalry last took place, summertown fans crying about the officiating and making excuses for why they lost the game. Here is the deal, GET OVER IT. You lost and maybe you will win when LCHS comes to summertown but please quit crying about it. Nevertheless a few statements that have been made a just plum STUPID. Like the one posted that said Shelly Young will not dunk in Summertown. You are either suggesting that he will be fouled really hard intentionally or something will keep him from it. All you are doing is starting trouble on and off the court with those remarks. The saddest part of all is only a small portion of people wanting to watch the game will be able to see it. I still feel like the Summertown faithful will still hear this at the end of the game...IF YOU'RE LOSING AND YOU KNOW IT CLAP YOUR HANDS=

VandyChris, did you graduate from Summertown? Because if you did, you are not doing much to help Summertown's case for having a good academic program.You are not making intelligent posts at all. This game serves no purpose? This game serves a HUGE purpose. $$$$$$$$$$$. This is the purpose this game serves. Did you see the fans at the game Friday night? All of those fans paid to get in, which benefits the school. It's very simple. It also serves the purpose of shutting up Summertown. Every time y'all have a good year in A, all I hear is "we could beat Lawrence County". Bragging rights and money is what these games boil down to. Summertown will eventually beat Lawrence County, but it WILL NOT be this year. We have a lot of seniors, so maybe next. One more thing: Did Shelley Young not prove himself last game with his amazing dunk. Just Summertown doesn't produce athletes like that doesn't mean you have to hate.

I didnt see anything amazing about Young's dunk. It was the simplest form of a dunk. Yeah he pulled it off but not with the wow you are boasting about. And the statement that Summertown doesnt produce atheltes "like that"is pure nonsense. Lawrence County out played Summertown that night, but it could have easily gone the other way.

I didnt see anything amazing about Young's dunk. It was the simplest form of a dunk. Yeah he pulled it off but not with the wow you are boasting about. And the statement that Summertown doesnt produce atheltes "like that"is pure nonsense. Lawrence County out played Summertown that night, but it could have easily gone the other way.

I have seen him dunk 3 times in last year/this year none of um made me go wow.

I'm not too old but I am old enough to recollect some of the players from LCHS that could give you the wow factor while dunking. But what is troubling me is in all the years I have been watching basketball here and even the surrounding teams, summertown and wayne county, I don't even remember seeing 1 player dunk the ball on either team. Granted I don't go to practices and stuff like that but still, not a single time have I seen a player from either school dunk the ball. So I bet if Shelley played for either one of your teams and dunked it on us this board would be lit up with about how awesome of a dunker he is. So yes while it won't win the High School dunk contest don't try to belittle the fact... he has done something that I bet neither one of the two posters above have ever seen from their teams.

I'm not too old but I am old enough to recollect some of the players from LCHS that could give you the wow factor while dunking. But what is troubling me is in all the years I have been watching basketball here and even the surrounding teams, summertown and wayne county, I don't even remember seeing 1 player dunk the ball on either team. Granted I don't go to practices and stuff like that but still, not a single time have I seen a player from either school dunk the ball. So I bet if Shelley played for either one of your teams and dunked it on us this board would be lit up with about how awesome of a dunker he is. So yes while it won't win the High School dunk contest don't try to belittle the fact... he has done something that I bet neither one of the two posters above have ever seen from their teams.

Im sorry didnt mean to be hatin. Let me correct that, "OMG a 6'3 kid dunked it!!!!" Show me a 5'5 point guard dunking and then i may be impressed.

well old fart we care more about 3's they count more than a dunk and a dunk is just the same as a layup is it counts as 2 points.

Young's dunk was nice. He made two points off of it. You either make 2 points, get fouled, or miss it, or a combination of them. The WOW factor is as individualized as the players are.

The difference in this game is that the Eagles lost their composure. One of their players had an intentional foul that was uncalled for, as I think the defender was just extremely frustrated. Then there was a technical foul called later in the game. Knowing the player involved, it was probably well deserved; maybe not, as I hope not. I am sure the Eagles will be ready for revenge in their gym. The Wildcats need to be ready for that game and not go into it like they did the Giles County game.

Both teams should have extremely good seasons. Good luck to ALL!

well old fart we care more about 3's they count more than a dunk and a dunk is just the same as a layup is it counts as 2 points.

One name you need to start going by is Forrest, Forrest Gump, I am not a smart man but I know what Love is Jenny. Only an idiot would say we care more about 3's than dunks because they count more. Not sure but if I was a betting man, and I am not, I would bet if you shot a 3 against everytime shelley went up for a dunk you would lose the game. I know this may be hard for you to get, what i am saying is no way can you shoot 3's good enough to beat the stats of somebody who can dunk, granted you take the same amout of shots. secondly, you only make statements like this because you have no one on the team that can dunk. Use some common sense Forrest! Oh yeah I like the old fart comment, thats funny.