Summertown @ Lawrence County

volunteercat56

Sorry Vandy Chris your eagles didnt pull through. 15 or 20 point win for the eagles didn't happen. It was a great game. Unbelievable atmosphere tonight, very loud. The smallest guy on the floor (Trent Garland) did dominate the game, as said in the post before, he was the deciding factor in the game. Too many fouls called overall for both teams. Officiating was not at it's best tonight, although that sometimes just happens. Like was chanted at the end of the game "maybe next year."

Very exciting. The Wildcats were victorious by seven. The Eagles led for most of the game, but Lawrence Co. pulled it out. Vandy Chris, your eagles were a better team tonight. Hats off to them. They came ready to play and it showed. LC did not have their best night, but good teams find a way to win. I now see what you're saying about kick-outs to the wing off the drive for Summertown. They actually heeded your advice and did this and had success making open shots. There was not a dunk in this game. The officiating was overall bad, not really partial to one team or the other. There was a fair amount of TERRIBLE calls made against, so there is really no excuses there. Oh yea Vandy Chris, one other thing. Summertown let the smallest guy on the floor in Trent Garland dominate yet another game. Hands down. He was the deciding factor. I think this game could have been a bigger blowout if LC had not been in foul trouble most of the game. I say all that to this: Congratulations to both teams. This is a great rivalry and these games have been everything we thought they would. This game was in the top 5 best games I have ever seen. By far the loudest. This series is a great thing for Lawrence County and both schools have done a great job preparing for this game.

Unfortunately the Eagles did not have success hitting open shots at the wing. They were, I believe, 3 for 18 on 3PT attempts. This does not represent success as far as the Eagles are concerned. The best result off the drive for Summertown was finding the post guy open or drawing fouls.

Agreed this is a great showcase for both teams. Gives the fans a chance to see the other Lawrence County teams play that they might not normally get to see.

Way to go Eagles..holding your own against a school 2 classifications above you!!!

First off, I want to congratulate Summertown on a huge performance. They played like a 3A team. I'm also very proud of Lawrence County, who had a terrible night, but did what it took to win. In my opinion, it was a very productive night for both teams. This game definately needs to be played every year. The atmosphere last night was second to none. My ears are still ringing. As for VandyChris, not a bad prediction. Can we get your thoughts on last nights game?

Once again, congrats to the Eagles y'all really stepped it up last night against a 3A team. 3 for 18 from behind the arc or whatever it was isn't good, but Summertown made some crucial shots last night that really killed momentum for Lawrence County. I will also say again how glad I am that we are playing this game again. A lot of these guys have been playing against or with other since the fourth grade in intramural leagues, etc. Coffman, New Prospect, Summertown all play each other in middle school. I think it is the only logical step to play each other in High School. I want to also give a shout-out to the staff at Summertown. For a tiny gym, you guys did a great accommodating all of the fans last night.

Definitely one of the best games I've seen in some time. Summertown was not shooting their norm from behind the arc and LawCo couldn't sink a basket from under the goal in the first qtr. The officiating was....normal (same play 2 minutes apart gets a different call). At least it was consistently crappy!

Volcat, I take slight issue with one of your statements: I think this game could have been a bigger blowout if LC had not been in foul trouble most of the game

Could it be that LC was holding on during parts of the game BECAUSE of the fouls? Had S'town played more aggressively and gotten themselves in the same trouble, then Garland might not have had the night he ended up with. It's not like the fouls didn't help/hurt either cause, they have a huge impact.

GREAT game! and I LOVE Summertown's intros!

Definitely one of the best games I've seen in some time. Summertown was not shooting their norm from behind the arc and LawCo couldn't sink a basket from under the goal in the first qtr. The officiating was....normal (same play 2 minutes apart gets a different call). At least it was consistently crappy!

Volcat, I take slight issue with one of your statements: I think this game could have been a bigger blowout if LC had not been in foul trouble most of the game

Could it be that LC was holding on during parts of the game BECAUSE of the fouls? Had S'town played more aggressively and gotten themselves in the same trouble, then Garland might not have had the night he ended up with. It's not like the fouls didn't help/hurt either cause, they have a huge impact.

GREAT game! and I LOVE Summertown's intros!

You make a good point. I'm just saying that LC had 3 of their 5 starters foul out, and were forced a couple of sophomores to receive a lot of minutes. They never really got to come out in full force with the group that is used to playing together which would have made a big difference.