Maryville, Alcoa, Webb, and ?

MHS82

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saturday, August 20th at Shield Stadium (Maryville), Alcoa will play Webb and Maryville will play ????. In 2012, the Kickoff Classic will move to Goddard Field (Alcoa). The paper reported that the team tentatively scheduled to play Maryville pulled out. There were rumors it was Ensworth or MBA. Does anyone know? Any speculation on who the fourth team will be? I assume Maryville will still play Alcoa week 1 at Alcoa...correct?

This is exciting news. Thank you Josh Stephens for working this out.

I love the thought of Alcoa being on u'r teams sideline that first week. With two great matchups, from 2 storied programs, putting it all on the line in front of the entire state. Wow! Then we get to do it again at Alcoa the next year with Murvul on our side, I'm grinning from ear to ear! This could and should be very special, if everyone will understand what u and I already know. Both programs are great, have great parents, support, athletes, and academics then we will get by just fine. Good luck to the Rebs this week! Hope that both teams come back to our county in 2 weeks with Championship # 12!

Kudos to Webb for signing up to play. They will be at least 3 championship caliber teams in the bowl. My question is where is the Nashville area private schools that always seem to beat Alcoa and Maryville in the "imaginary games" ? I think its time for them to put up or shut up. We're calling you out right here on Coach T Nashville area privates. (Forgive me Roy) You think I'm kidding, but I'm not.

This is absolutely the best worst idea Alcoa and Maryville could have ever put together. Its great because we're going to get 2 great ball games in one day. Its terrible because if you've ever been to an Alcoa-Maryville game, you know how bad the seating is. Especially at Alcoa. Now we're gonna tack on 2 other teams with it. Alcoa and Maryville really saw the $$$ on this one. Having to get to the gates at 2pm to get good seats once is enough for me. I dunno if I wanna have to do it 2 weeks in a row. Also will Maryville honor their "reserved seating" for these games? If so that's gonna be utter BS and Alcoa fans should be allowed in the gates during school hours next year to get our "reserved seats"