Tri-County Seven

coachh17

Krichunaka has not been on the site since July. I hope he is well. I believe that a few of us enjoy bantering about our Tri-County teams, so I will get things started a little late. I will call this first one the preseason rankings, though all the teams have already played a few games, and will post new rankings each Sunday based on the previous weeks play. Here we go and good luck to all:

1. Elizabethton- ( Loaded and led by 4 seniors, including ETSU signee Cara Bowling )

2. Unicoi Co.- ( A new coach and another year's experience. Solid at all positions. Will push Betsy.)

3. Hampton- ( Coach Tolley, Weddle, and the Dugger clan may be headed back to the Boro )

4. Happy Valley- ( A new coach and lots of enthusiasm. Will keep getting better.)

5. Cloudland- ( Young, small, scrappy and talented. Can they play with Hampton and North Greene?)

6. Unaka- ( Look to be improving. Cox and Wilson are solid. Tranfer Colbaugh will help if eligible.)

7. Johnson County- ( A new coach with a big challenge. They are playing hard, but are struggling to score.)

Let the fun begin! I hope we have an injury free year, that the fans behave, and that we get some teams in the Boro! Go Cyclones!!!!!!!

Edited by coachh17

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for basketball season to be here. Should be some exciting games this year.

1-Elizabethton Will be hard for anyone to knock them off this year

2-Unicoi County. pretty good just not good enough to beat Betsy

3- Hampton. Will challenge Devils for the second spot

4-Cloudland. Young but not bad

5- Unaka. Middle of the pack team

6- Happy Valley. Bad injury early. Should get better as year goes

7- Johnson County. New coach same results

Krichunaka has not been on the site since July. I hope he is well. I believe that a few of us enjoy bantering about our Tri-County teams, so I will get things started a little late. I will call this first one the preseason rankings, though all the teams have already played a few games, and will post new rankings each Sunday based on the previous weeks play. Here we go and good luck to all:

1. Elizabethton- ( Loaded and led by 4 seniors, including ETSU signee Cara Bowling )

2. Unicoi Co.- ( A new coach and another year's experience. Solid at all positions. Will push Betsy.)

3. Hampton- ( Coach Tolley, Weddle, and the Dugger clan may be headed back to the Boro )

4. Happy Valley- ( A new coach and lots of enthusiasm. Will keep getting better.)

5. Cloudland- ( Young, small, scrappy and talented. Can they play with Hampton and North Greene?)

6. Unaka- ( Look to be improving. Cox and Wilson are solid. Tranfer Colbaugh will help if eligible.)

7. Johnson County- ( A new coach with a big challenge. They are playing hard, but are struggling to score.)

Let the fun begin! I hope we have an injury free year, that the fans behave, and that we get some teams in the Boro! Go Cyclones!!!!!!!

1 Carter County and points beyond- Hard to beat an All Star team Great tuition revenue and taxes from housing rentals for school and city

2-Unicoi County. pretty good just not good enough to beat Carter County

1 Carter County and points beyond- Hard to beat an All Star team Great tuition revenue and taxes from housing rentals for school and city

Sounds like someone needs some cheese to go with that whine...

Buggie, if you are going to use my picks at least give me some credit. Are you only capable of picking the first place team? Do remember Unicoi gets all city and county kids as does Johnson County. Would like to know your opinion of the other place teams since you have such a strong opinion about the first place team. Do tell.

Quote: Do remember Unicoi gets all city and county kids as does Johnson County.

So that makes it all right the for city of 33,000 to have to resort to getting county players in oeder to compete with two counties that have population of UC-17,718 and Johnson County 18,000.

But some places will do anything to try to win.

So you're trying to tell me Elizabethton gets all the good players in the county? I think Hampton, Cloudland, Unaka and Happy Valey might disagree. Have you seen them play? They have some pretty good players. Just think of what kind of team they would have if they did all go to one school. Coachh could even coach that team.

Edited by screenandroll

So you're trying to tell me Elizabethton gets all the good players in the county? I think Hampton, Cloudland, Unaka and Happy Valey might disagree. Have you seen them play? They have some pretty good players. Just think of what kind of team they would have if they did all go to one school. Coachh could even coach that team.

Works both ways. Just think what Betsy would have if they had to use just city players instead of going county wide and getting the better players. Or at least the ones that doesn't hate the cyclones

So that makes it all right the for city of 33,000 to have to resort to getting county players in oeder to compete with two counties that have population of UC-17,718 and Johnson County 18,000.

Elizabethton only has about 12,000 people in the city limits. The rest of the county has about 40,000.

Yep Would you like to give it to me. At least one time be honest and let everyone know how many players pay tuition or rent apartments which isn't a legit residency.

Unless I'm mistaken, there is only 1 player on the JV/Varsity that pays tuition. I don't know of any freshmen that pay tuition, but I'm not as familiar with them. No illegit residences that I'm aware of...

Can I refer you to the "Trolls that Hate on the Lady Cyclones and Their Coach" thread to spew your venomous gossip and misinformation? I might also add that those living in glass houses should not cast stones. Is it just me or is it ironically hypocritcal for a UC fan to hate on EHS and make accusations of "do anything to win"? Just sayin...