6A State Championship: Maryville v. Smyrna

MHSRebels

Naw, both announcers were Rutherford County homers <_<

I don't think so. Mark Howard moved to Tennessee from Birmingham, AL and Kevin Dyson is from Utah and coached a Williamson County H.S. team this year. If they said 7-aaa is tough, it's because it's true. Everybody says it. Four out of the 6 teams in 7-aaa were ranked in the top ten this season.

Anyway, great job by Maryville, especially without Robinette in the 2nd half. He is an amazing football player.

Congrats on the gold ball victory. Maryville deserves huge credit.

well, what were we supposed to do, take it easy on you? we cant help yall sucked bahahahahaha lol totally kidding man

Haha I think we were the 2nd best team behind Oak Ridge. Can't remember the name of the two players you guys had right off hand, but they were man-freaks. It was the 1999-2000 season. Don't think either one of them got much further in school for various reasons, but that year you guys ran a 3-1-1 half court trap that we had no answer for.

Haha I think we were the 2nd best team behind Oak Ridge. Can't remember the name of the two players you guys had right off hand, but they were man-freaks. It was the 1999-2000 season. Don't think either one of them got much further in school for various reasons, but that year you guys ran a 3-1-1 half court trap that we had no answer for.

was halston lane one of them? big white guy? he played for georgia tech in college.. have known him since i was 5 years old...great hs ball player

I don't think so. Mark Howard moved to Tennessee from Birmingham, AL and Kevin Dyson is from Utah and coached a Williamson County H.S. team this year. If they said 7-aaa is tough, it's because it's true. Everybody says it. Four out of the 6 teams in 7-aaa were ranked in the top ten this season.

Anyway, great job by Maryville, especially without Robinette in the 2nd half. He is an amazing football player.

Congrats on the gold ball victory. Maryville deserves huge credit.

Actually the radio announcers was who he was referring to. They were both Rutherford Country homers and it was obvious. In fact, they admitted it.

was halston lane one of them? big white guy? he played for georgia tech in college.. have known him since i was 5 years old...great hs ball player

No, they were two black guys. One was really tall, 6 foot 5ish and the other was short, 5 foot 7ish maybe. Both were very fast and were all over the place. This was just on the freshman basketball team. Halston probably was a senior that year though.

No, they were two black guys. One was really tall, 6 foot 5ish and the other was short, 5 foot 7ish maybe. Both were very fast and were all over the place. This was just on the freshman basketball team. Halston probably was a senior that year though.

yeah, halston is the all time leading scorer in oak ridge history... believe it or not oak ridge has 2 state titles in basketball lol