6A State Championship: Maryville v. Smyrna

MHSRebels

yeah, halston is the all time leading scorer in oak ridge history... believe it or not oak ridge has 2 state titles in basketball lol

I don't really remember what their names were. I don't think those two were it. They were really weird names though.

Oak Ridge was always tough for us to play, and that was during the years when we had Lee Humphrey starting for us. Somehow we couldn't make it to state with some pretty good teams in the 4 years Lee was there.

I don't really remember what their names were. I don't think those two were it. They were really weird names though.

Oak Ridge was always tough for us to play, and that was during the years when we had Lee Humphrey starting for us. Somehow we couldn't make it to state with some pretty good teams in the 4 years Lee was there.

yeah, but the team with dameron,maples,and douglas was tough and won it all!

Like I said, the two guys weren't at Oak Ridge for very long. May have only been their freshman years. I think one had grade troubles and the other might have gotten into trouble with the law, but after my freshman year I never really heard anything about them again.

Like I said, the two guys weren't at Oak Ridge for very long. May have only been their freshman years. I think one had grade troubles and the other might have gotten into trouble with the law, but after my freshman year I never really heard anything about them again.

oh ok,, well id love to talk with you about basketball on here all night, but i think we will upset some folks if we continue talking basketball in this thread :) lol

oh ok,, well id love to talk with you about basketball on here all night, but i think we will upset some folks if we continue talking basketball in this thread :) lol

Yea, well... what can ya do?!

By the way, anyone know how fast the game went by tonight? Seemed like a very fast game. Of course with all the running and ball control it probably was. Would like to see how it compared to other games.

Yea, well... what can ya do?!

By the way, anyone know how fast the game went by tonight? Seemed like a very fast game. Of course with all the running and ball control it probably was. Would like to see how it compared to other games.

i really love watching robinette, he will be missed for yall... he is fun to watch... i wonder if he will get any offers? of course, i thought juhlin was a very very good qb last year... kinda in the same mold...

i really love watching robinette, he will be missed for yall... he is fun to watch... i wonder if he will get any offers? of course, i thought juhlin was a very very good qb last year... kinda in the same mold...

Robinette is just a Jr. Perfect ACT score means he can go wherever he wants! He just has to decide if he wants to play football at the next level.

Maryville will probably find someone pretty adequate to replace him. They always seem to. I can remember back in 2000 when we had Phillips penciled in as the QB and the money counterfeiting scandal broke and we had to have another QB step up. Our backup QB (can't remember his name, it was Nick something though) came out of nowhere and had a very solid season and we won state. Two years later we thought we were set with a junior QB named Alex Rouse. Rouse tore his ACL at the first of the year and a sophomore, Cade Thompson, stepped in and led us to a state championship. After that we had no idea where our QB would come from and another stepped up. Last year Juhlin left and QB was a tossup this year. Robinette had played it as a freshman (IIRC) on the freshman team, but hadn't gotten many snaps there as a starter. Still, seems like Quarles pulls them out of the woodwork. They all have different skill sets, but they seem to be pretty talented in one way or another.

Maryville will probably find someone pretty adequate to replace him. They always seem to. I can remember back in 2000 when we had Phillips penciled in as the QB and the money counterfeiting scandal broke and we had to have another QB step up. Our backup QB (can't remember his name, it was Nick something though) came out of nowhere and had a very solid season and we won state. Two years later we thought we were set with a junior QB named Alex Rouse. Rouse tore his ACL at the first of the year and a sophomore, Cade Thompson, stepped in and led us to a state championship. After that we had no idea where our QB would come from and another stepped up. Last year Juhlin left and QB was a tossup this year. Robinette had played it as a freshman (IIRC) on the freshman team, but hadn't gotten many snaps there as a starter. Still, seems like Quarles pulls them out of the woodwork. They all have different skill sets, but they seem to be pretty talented in one way or another.

yup, your right... quarles amazes me how he molds these guys into special players like he does...i am ready for next year already... i think my ridgers and maryville may meet in the semis once again... we have a lot of young talent returning as well, along with zulliger, our QB who is tough as pine knot lol